Ichannel

Off topic chatter, old administrative threads, etc.
BottleBlaze
Involved

Re: Ichannel

Post by BottleBlaze »

Yannn wrote: 15 Apr 2019, 16:56 you can find some of these video on thisvids.com.
Some are great and I think the desperation are genuine.
Yannn perhaps you could link some and share with the group? I would love to see. Maybe it would be best to also do this in the more stronger interests section of the forum
Yannn
Active

Post by Yannn »

BottleBlaze wrote: 18 Apr 2019, 20:45
Yannn wrote: 15 Apr 2019, 16:56 you can find some of these video on thisvids.com.
Yannn perhaps you could link some and share with the group? I would love to see. Maybe it would be best to also do this in the more stronger interests section of the forum
I could post some video in the SI section but I don't know if i'm allowed to post some of videos you have to paid to watch. Let me know.
Fred
Site Staff

Post by Fred »

I think pay sites get cranky when someone offers their wares for free, and I suspect that if we knowingly post their stuff here there may be legal action. Just my opinion.
Dazza88
Senior Supporter

Post by Dazza88 »

not to mention it can potentially stop them creating content in the future.
BottleBlaze
Involved

Post by BottleBlaze »

Yannn wrote: 20 Apr 2019, 16:43
BottleBlaze wrote: 18 Apr 2019, 20:45
I could post some video in the SI section but I don't know if i'm allowed to post some of videos you have to paid to watch. Let me know.
I agree with the others. Best not post. I just thought that the videos you had in mind from thisvid.com were free
Yannn
Active

Post by Yannn »

the videos are free on thisvids.com. sometimes they are private and you need to send a friend request to see them. But to be honnest it's not hard to find them.
Kissa
Active

Post by Kissa »

Are we talking about iChannel.me? It's my favourite site! Of course a combination of this site and iChannel would be the ultimate...
As a student a few years ago I managed to get some of the older ones for free from the owner, as long as I promised not to share them. Now that I'm working I can of course afford to buy some, so I've bought some of the new Pisseidon Adventure compilations of the older stuff and they're definitely much better than the original individual ones. Better editing and all the boring bits / slomos removed.
It would of course be illegal to post their videos here without permission and many well-known sites have been closed down over the years 'cause of copyright infringement. Their videos on thisvid.com have been removed, ass far as I know. Butt maybe I could post one or two here if I ask them nicely. They probably won't give me one of the bestsellers but I'll see if I could get something from their Top 50.
Brian
Site Staff

Post by Brian »

Kissa wrote: 19 Aug 2019, 03:48 [...]It would of course be illegal to post their videos here without permission and many well-known sites have been closed down over the years 'cause of copyright infringement. Butt maybe I could post one or two here if I ask them nicely. They probably won't give me one of the bestsellers but I'll see if I could get something from their Top 50.[...]
Without having consulted with other staff members about this so far (and they should step in and correct me if I'm wrong), I think we could only consider having a link to a commercial video on this site if the source of the link (which you use when you post it here) is that site itself. In other words, the pay site must have created its own link on its own site to such a free video. The reason I say that is that if you say that the site has authorized you to post its commercial material using your own link, we could still potentially be hit by legal action if they later deny that we had permission.

By the way, from my own knowledge of the videos from that site (I have bought a number in the past for my own use), they are only suitable for the stronger interests section. The guys generally get their kit off at some point. That would limit the exposure here if advertising is the motive of that site owner for allowing examples to be shown here.
Tytn
Site Staff

Post by Tytn »

Plus, I seem to recall that some of those sites and ours have the original source creators. We are but another branch.
Kissa
Active

Post by Kissa »

Okay they got back to me. They've added a link to their site for us to watch one of their videos for free if we enter a passcode. They would prefer me to put the access info in our private section. What procedure should I follow here?