Spammer

Off topic chatter, old administrative threads, etc.
Brian
Site Staff
Spammer

Post by Brian »

It's just come to my attention that the user MariaDiene has been sending multiple private spam messages to people here. I have banned this user or bot immediately, blocked the IP address from which they logged in, and I hope that the problem has been dealt with.

Apologies to anyone who is upset by this unwanted spamming. Obviously you can best just delete any message(s) this user has sent you.

If any other user in the future sends unwanted spam like this, please let the admin/moderator team know by clicking on the "Report message" icon so that we can deal with it.

Needless to say, we have zero tolerance for such spamming and we will take immediate action when it is reported to us.
Consch
Arrived
Re: Spammer

Post by Consch »

Thanks for the heads-up. I actually reported the message before I saw this post, but now I know that I can delete it.
Brian
Site Staff

Post by Brian »

You knew what to do. :-)
greatwater
Can't stay away...

Post by greatwater »

I got the spam too. Thank you !
"What a relief! I thought I was gonna wet myself at the interview!"
"Damn the traffic! Been holding for about three hours!"
"Here we go! Ahhhhhhh Amazing piss!"
zsrh2002
Involved

Post by zsrh2002 »

Thanks for the prompt action!
Tytn
Site Staff

Post by Tytn »

We are daily getting numerous accounts being registered /just/ to send us spam. We have a variety of systems in place backed up by the team of active moderators that keep this forum clear from such things. You shouldn't have to see any of it, which is possibly why the PM spam started.

This modification too has been applied and hopefully those that are here that are active will quickly prove that they are real and interested and any other restrictions would be removed.

If you find that you do have some kind of restriction on your account, then PM one of the moderators or myself, or leave a message in this forum area.
Tytn
Site Staff

Post by Tytn »

In light of the latest round of spammers frequenting our boards I am sorry to have to tell you but for new users we have restricted the use of Private Messages (PMs).

If you have been communicating with a new user or one that has not reached account maturity, or you are one, then let one of the moderator team know and we can update your or their account.

Most of you won't know because due to the way the forum works, spam posts don't get approved the same way new users need to have their genuine posts approved. So you don't see the trash.
Sam69
Active

Post by Sam69 »

New here. Thanks for your efforts to make our visits here go well and we not have to deal with spam.

I understand when the purpose is to get free advertising, etc. It is immoral, but I do under the profit motive as the reason.

I've never been able to figure out why some people would want to take the time to put in spam just to try to make life more difficult for others. Loose screw in there somewhere!

Sam