St@sh replacement (iOS secret folder app)

Off topic chatter, old administrative threads, etc.
spreadingwarmth
Active

St@sh replacement (iOS secret folder app)

Post by spreadingwarmth »

Hello all,

I current have a nice app for my iPhone called St@sh. It's basically an app for keeping videos and photos. It requires a password to get in and even had a decoy password that would load a different profile if you were ever asked to open it.

Anyway with iOS 11 coming out this app will soon be obsolete. The developer has long since given up supporting it which is a shame as it's a great place to keep "colourful" items for ones "private viewing".

What I liked about St@sh is that I could create folders and upload video, photo and text files (for all those amazing stories found online). There was also it's own web browser so I could visit sites like this one. My favourite option was that, with video playback, you could change the speed. You could go half speed or double and it would loop. You could also zoom in on videos which was nice if they didn't quite fit the screen or you wanted to "focus" in on a particular wet spot ;)

Now I doubt that this was the only app that offered a way to keep your "snacks" while away from the computer. I'm sure there is a demand for this service. So my question is, does anyone else use an app that is more update and does most of the same things I describe above?

Thanks!
Tytn
Site Staff
Re: St@sh replacement (iOS secret folder app)

Post by Tytn »

I've not used anything like that and I also don't tend to keep those sorts of personal files on my phone. However, ISTR that at the moment only I'm authorised for it anyway.

Windscribe. Free VPN. There are others but this one suits me. Same account setup for laptop/pc/phone. Helpful for when i want to be somewhere else or if I'm using a shared network where I'd like to be inside a bubble. Or if I'm surfing dodgy sites on a friends wireless.

15GB a month if you post about it on social media (and it checks). But I can live with that.

I don't use many apps of what you suggest but do use security in other places, including on my home network to keep those sorts of things secure. The main app I use at the moment is an obsolete peice of software that the last update from the developers made it readable to recover data and then shut down. So I've got the version before that :D :D
googlism2008
Can't stay away...

Post by googlism2008 »

Tytn wrote: 05 Sep 2017, 20:21The main app I use at the moment is an obsolete peice of software that the last update from the developers made it readable to recover data and then shut down. So I've got the version before that :D :D
I think I know what software you are talking about. Right now I am using VeraCrypt as its replacement. :)
Tytn
Site Staff

Post by Tytn »

My TC version is compatible with Linux, Mac and Windows, so I'm still using it. But it's nice to hear there are options.
spreadingwarmth
Active

Post by spreadingwarmth »

Been a long time since I posted this. I ended up finding an app called Pocket Files, which I have been using and enjoy so far. I have a collection of photos, videos, bookmarks and stories (as simple text files) saved and organized. The wifi transfer, from the computer works well.

It does almost everything I was looking for. The different playback speeds and looping. Doesn't have a manual zoom but does have a "full screen" mode which enlarges smaller videos.

As it the case these days there is a subscription service but it was reasonable for a year I felt and does what I want.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/photo-vid ... d645754521
Tytn
Site Staff

Post by Tytn »

Thank you for keeping us updated. On an android device I used EDC for a while but it caused technical issues with some other software. Not used much on my iphone though but I shall remember this and consider things.