Admin Notices

To start things off, a place to talk before we go further...
Tytn
Site Staff
Admin Notices

Post by Tytn »

Dear All

Some of you may be presented with odd screens if you log back in again after this evening, or perhaps sometime in the last hour or so. The forum software has been updated.

If you have problems with odd screens or random patterns then try emptying your cache of your browser and try again.

I hope this is coherent enough, I am tired and computery stuff doesn't always work when I'm tired.

Hopefully things should be better... :o ;)

The dedicated team of moderators are here to help if you have a query... :roll: :roll: :shock: ;)
Brian
Site Staff
Re: Admin Notices

Post by Brian »

A note to anyone who has registered an account in recent weeks and is waiting in vain to receive an Email that their account has been activated:

The board does not currently send such emails, so you won't get one. However, all newly registered members have had their accounts activated within about 24 hours of registering. So if you have registered an account, don't wait for notification but simply wait a day or so and then log in using the password you specified on registration.

EDIT: (16 August 2017) Due to recent success of other anti-spam measures, we have since switched off administrator approval for new accounts. If you register an account, you can post immediately. (Your first postings do still require moderator approval until we know for sure you are "genuine".) The above note about account activation applies only to anyone who registered in the second half of July or the first half of August.
Tytn
Site Staff
Re: Admin Notices

Post by Tytn »

Thursday 25th July 2019

At 0920 this morning (UK Time) I was notified via our firewall provider that the site was down. I confirmed that this fault was not across all of the hosting company, and was able to access administrative functions on both the firewall and the hosting site.

I notified the support team and with half an hour (probably less as I went to top up my chilled pint glass of juice and couldn't find where I'd hidden the ice) they responded that they were aware of the issue and were taking steps to fix it.

By which time the site was back up. It was a little sluggish at first, but I think it was down to the database updating. It seems to be behaving itself and I shall let everything settle down now.

I'm sorry for any delay you may have experienced in getting your fix and hope you have a good day, wherever you are in the world ;)

Cheers

Tytn
Part of the Moderator Team