Airline passengers asked to pee in bottles

An area to discuss sightings and other observations. No sexual references please, there is the Stronger Interests section for that.
BottleBlaze
Involved

Airline passengers asked to pee in bottles

Post by BottleBlaze »

https://globalnews.ca/video/4431494/pas ... es-flight/

Just a small minor news I wanted to share here. One interest of mine is guys peeing in bottles, and this news headline caught my eye. Men were asked to pee in bottles as there was something wrong with the airplane toilet.

Maybe it'll spark some inspiration for a story for someone :)
Fred
Site Staff

Re: Airline passengers asked to pee in bottles

Post by Fred »

The Global News page didn't load for me, but I can imagine the situation!
FranticK
Active

Post by FranticK »

So I did a little research on this story and it looks like it was a flight from Phoenix to Hawaii…in other words, a long flight!

This could have easily happened over water with no toilets being available for hours. At some point, wouldn’t you also run out of bottles? Are there really that many empty bottles lying around on an airplane?

Imagine going on your first romantic vacation with a gf, spending a bunch of money on the trip, then waking up mid-flight for a pee and realizing the toilets are out of order and there are no more water bottles for you to use? Those cramped seats would be miserable to have to hold it in if you were truly bursting, and it would be really obvious to your partner if you were having an emergency with your knees practically touching. Having a public accident, even if it isn’t your fault, certainly isn’t the ideal way to kick-off a romantic trip with the woman you’re trying to impress!
Brian
Site Staff

Post by Brian »

I love that description, @FranticK. That's a great synopsis for the story which BottleBlaze suggested someone should write.

Now I can't stop thinking about the guy sitting next to his girlfriend and trying to hold on until they land but ultimately not managing to. What a situation!
FranticK
Active

Post by FranticK »

Brian wrote: 27 Oct 2021, 23:14 I love that description, @FranticK. That's a great synopsis for the story which BottleBlaze suggested someone should write.

Now I can't stop thinking about the guy sitting next to his girlfriend and trying to hold on until they land but ultimately not managing to. What a situation!
I love the sound of that situation too Brian!

Another fun idea: what if airlines kept track of people who had accidents? In addition to the “no fly list”, there could be a “no flying without protection list” for those who pose a risk to the cleanliness of the expensive airplane seats that thousands of people will need to sit in after them. I can imagine someone getting on a plane and thinking that a past accident is nothing more than a embarrassing memory that only a few people know about, only to be interrupted before take-off by a flight attendant who informs them that they cannot depart until measures have been taken that will prevent the seat from being damaged in the scenario of a bathroom emergency.

“Excuse me sir, but our records indicate that on a previous flight…”
“I understand that you’re saying it was a one-time thing, but our corporate policy indicates that…”
“I understand that you appealed being added to the ‘no flying without protection list’, but it looks like your request for an exception was rejected. I get that you’re saying it wasn’t your fault, but there were hundreds of people on that flight and according to the note on your file, you were the only one to have such an incident. I understand you were in a challenging situation, but we expect our customers to be able to hold it even if the toilet isn’t free at the exact moment they need it.”
Brian
Site Staff

Post by Brian »

Yes, what an incredibly humiliating exchange that would be for the poor guy who'd wet himself on a plane some time before and thought it had all been forgotten!

I suppose it could only be resolved by the passenger having to go into the plane's bathroom accompanied by a male flight attendant whose job would be to hand the passenger a diaper to put on in front of him so that he could certify that he was indeed wearing one.
FranticK
Active

Post by FranticK »

Exactly!

And as an alternative to *that* sort of protection, it’s possible some airlines might force the man to sit on a protective seat cover, which would be incredibly shameful in its own right and easy for anyone who look to see.
Fred
Site Staff

Post by Fred »

Brian wrote: 23 Nov 2021, 13:00
I suppose it could only be resolved by the passenger having to go into the plane's bathroom accompanied by a male flight attendant whose job would be to hand the passenger a diaper to put on in front of him so that he could certify that he was indeed wearing one.
I'm quite sure that there are some flight attendants that would volunteer for that task.