Army vehicle convoy

An area to discuss sightings and other observations. No sexual references please, there is the Stronger Interests section for that.
Brian
Site Staff
Army vehicle convoy

Post by Brian »

This sighting is from many years ago when I worked in a roadside restaurant in the UK.

One frequent phenomenon was people who weren't restaurant customers coming in from the busy road just to pee, even though we were not a general service area. Some were obviously in a major hurry as they walked or ran straight through the restaurant tables to the toilets at the far end. And one memorable sighting of this is what I'll describe now.

I was cooking at the griddle with my back to the public restaurant, turned round briefly to get something out of the cooler, and noticed a young man in his twenties wearing army fatigues and a beret trot smartly in and head directly for the toilets. I then glanced outside and saw that there were three army trucks waiting in the deceleration lane which led to our restaurant, not even having entered our car park, obviously waiting just a minute or so for this one guy.

I've often thought about how desperate he must have been to bring his entire convoy to a halt just for him to go for a pee when no-one else needed to.
Lee
Can't stay away...

Re: Army vehicle convoy

Post by Lee »

You could make a great story out of that one!!
Fred
Site Staff

Post by Fred »

Eons ago, I wrote a story, perhaps never posted, about a busload of recruits stopping at a tiny diner in a snowstorm after being caught in a traffic jam for hours. My diner had a single unisex toilet, and with 40 men on the bus, you can do the math as to how long the last guy in line had to wait. In my story, the sergeant in charge had a triage process that was not entirely successful. :roll: :oops:

From time to time, I see National Guard convoys on the highway, as well as busloads of recruits moving from recruitment centers to bases, and I can only speculate about their stops at rest areas, which probably depend in part on the driver's bladder. :twisted:
Tytn
Site Staff

Post by Tytn »

Yes it was posted Fred, and an awesome story it was too ;)
burstingguys
Site Staff

Post by burstingguys »

That story @fred is one of my all time favorites. Any chance you still have it somewhere and might consider re-posting? Truly a masterpiece.
"I gotta get in there man!"
Fred
Site Staff

Post by Fred »

burstingguys wrote:That story @fred is one of my all time favorites. Any chance you still have it somewhere and might consider re-posting? Truly a masterpiece.
Sorry, all my stories vanished when my old computer died and I lost the backup. I thought it would still be safe at the old Ladsp site, but now that's inaccessible.
Wetdavid
Arrived

Post by Wetdavid »

I remember once visiting a country in the Middle East, driving past an army convoy which had stopped at the side of the road. One poor desperate young guy in his fatigues was having a piss by the side of the road surrounded by a not too effective shield of more senior officers trying to conceal him from the public gaze! In another nearby country, I stopped at a service area one day to be confronted by a whole group of young soldiers standing in line pissing into the bushes in full view! They were actually standing next to a gents toilet!
Brian
Site Staff

Post by Brian »

@Wetdavid Two great sightings! And I especially love the first one because of the detail that the guy was the only one who was pissing. It says to me that he could not hold on any longer to have to make the whole convoy stop just for him in a place where others would need to shield him! We can only imagine the scene inside that vehicle when he was forced to reveal to his colleagues and senior officers that if they didn't stop for him right now he would wet himself.
Welcome to the forum by the way. Thanks for your great postings today.
Fred
Site Staff

Post by Fred »

It's practical for the convoy to do a mass piss at the service area rather than have them queue up at the rest room and waste 15 or 20 minutes. As for the lone lad pissing, perhaps they were taking turns for their "sheltered" pee, and if he were of the lowest rank his turn would be last.
Tytn
Site Staff

Post by Tytn »

Fred wrote: 06 Dec 2016, 14:04
burstingguys wrote:That story @fred is one of my all time favorites. Any chance you still have it somewhere and might consider re-posting? Truly a masterpiece.
Sorry, all my stories vanished when my old computer died and I lost the backup. I thought it would still be safe at the old Ladsp site, but now that's inaccessible.
The Diner - By Fred