Why Lads 18 to 25?

An area to discuss sightings and other observations. No sexual references please, there is the Stronger Interests section for that.
Fred
Site Staff

Why Lads 18 to 25?

Post by Fred »

From perusing the Internet extensively, it appears that pee-holding competitions (and there seem to be many) are almost exclusively done by males in the 18-25 age range. I can speculate as to why this seems to be a particular interest for them.

Lads of that age have very busy social schedules, and finding the time and place to pee may be elusive for them. So they frequently hold their pee and they come to value that ability. Further, young men of that age often hope to demonstrate their masculinity and strength, and having an iron bladder is, for some, a way to show it. It's a type of strength that doesn't require regular workouts in a gym!

Related are two other activities that appear to be almost exclusively male: beer pong and Edward Forty Hands. Participants of both usually end up with an urgent need to pee - or wet pants. Again, a lad who can hold his pee is likely to have an advantage.

There can be a sexual component, perhaps entirely subconscious. In the dim recesses of the minds of some post-puberty lads may lurk an appreciation of the sensations of a full bladder, and they may gravitate toward holding activities to satisfy this.

Perhaps readers here can come up with other activities or speculations to add to this post.
FloodGate
Active

Re: Why Lads 18 to 25?

Post by FloodGate »

As a 19 year old, I can confirm this. It doesn't even have to be sexual. I can chastise my buddies about having a wimpy bladder and lo and behold, guess who's not going to relive themselves for a while. Insulting a man's bladder, especially a younger guy, will invoke a challenge to defy whatever you said about their holding capacity. It's quite something.
Brian
Site Staff

Post by Brian »

All very interesting!
Perhaps these "contests" happen sometimes because the situation unexpectedly presents itself? I can think of one lad getting on the nerves of the others in the group for some reason when they're out drinking somewhere. This lad might then find himself the victim of an unexpected style of revenge if he suddenly wants to excuse himself to take a leak but has positioned himself at a place where his so-called friends will have to move to let him out. Or maybe he needs them to stop the car for him on the way home...
Fred
Site Staff

Post by Fred »

Brian wrote: 10 Jun 2019, 11:22 All very interesting!
Perhaps these "contests" happen sometimes because the situation unexpectedly presents itself? I can think of one lad getting on the nerves of the others in the group for some reason when they're out drinking somewhere. This lad might then find himself the victim of an unexpected style of revenge if he suddenly wants to excuse himself to take a leak but has positioned himself at a place where his so-called friends will have to move to let him out. Or maybe he needs them to stop the car for him on the way home...
A full bladder can bring down an inflated ego!

Another almost-exclusively male topic I've seen and read about involves a fellow who proudly says he's had six or eight or ten beers and hasn't pissed yet.
Sam70
Can't stay away...

Post by Sam70 »

There are two very good reasons for why it is ages18-25.

Eighteen is a legal definition. In some countries, the legal age was once 16. On the Internet, it is 18. A lad turning 18, the next day is still legally a minor. Minors can't be discussed here. That is part of the TOS.

The age of 25 is considered the age when a male has in every way completely become a mature man. The ends of bones make changes that prohibit any further lengthening of the bones. This usually has happened by age 25.

There is a reason to believe that the male brain is not fully developed until about age 25.

Males start settling down, getting married, becoming parents at about age 25.

Last, but is of importance. Suppose that anyone of you is a tourist and on the same tour bus as me. Somehow, I get extremely desperate. It becomes obvious that I am going to piss my pants. At my age, none of you are going to get the enjoyment that we all understand, unless you happen to be my age or older. It may be very doubtful then. Lads 18-25 are definitely many years younger than I am.

I have this program that helps me with spelling and sentence wordings. I've gone through several rounds. I type any one. This program tells me to change it to anyone. I change it to anyone and the very same program tells me to change it to any one. There is a red line under anyone and under any one with instructions to change it.
cutsleeve
Can't stay away...

Post by cutsleeve »

yes, drink and hold contests are really popular as adolescents. They are a lot of fun. can be done with pop or water or beer. one fun one is to drink a 2-liter bottle of pop then see how long you can hold it. can be fun daring each other to keep holding it even longer. fun things like holding a lot at the fair for the rides. or in a haunted house when scared. or seeing how much each of you can drink before breaking the seal. Do it shirtless and you can compare bladder bulges. can be fun to tease friends about they should hold since you had drunk along with them without pissing. Let them press on your bladder and show off how you can keep holding as they press on it and tell them if you can hold with them pressing on your bladder they should be able to hold easily.