In the News

An area to discuss sightings and other observations. No sexual references please, there is the Stronger Interests section for that.
burstingguys
Site Staff

Re: In the News

Post by burstingguys »

Any ideas as to where your colleague may have gone to take care of business?

For some men in these positions even if they do manage to contain themselves until their break they may find the toilet closed or having a long queue which they are simply unable to wait in.

I once saw a very desperate barista come off shift, see the line for the cafe toilets and make a frantic beeline for the parking lot dumpster. No doubt he would have wet himself had he attempted to wait his turn.
"I gotta get in there man!"
Brian
Site Staff

Post by Brian »

burstingguys wrote: 25 Nov 2018, 18:15 Any ideas as to where your colleague may have gone to take care of business?
The only two possibilities I can think of are (1) he might have gone to the painters and insisted they opened it up for him (which they would have been unwilling to do because the reason the toilets were closed was that there was wet paint all over the place), or (2) he might have gone to the station toilets which would have been a good 5-minute walk there and the same time to come back, and he might not have had enough time to do that. Peeing outside would have been unthinkable: very busy area, and he was in uniform!
For some men in these positions even if they do manage to contain themselves until their break they may find the toilet closed or having a long queue which they are simply unable to wait in.

I once saw a very desperate barista come off shift, see the line for the cafe toilets and make a frantic beeline for the parking lot dumpster. No doubt he would have wet himself had he attempted to wait his turn.
What a dramatic thing to see! Clearly a case of "couldn't wait a moment longer"!
burstingguys
Site Staff

Post by burstingguys »

850 toilets for 2 million at an eagles parade that provided free beer. Roughly 1 toilet for every 1176 guys. While some men were smart and got in line early for the bathrooms, thousands of frantic men were unable to wait (or even find a toilet) and were forced to improvise.

http://www.philly.com/philly/super-bowl ... 80208.html

"I gotta get in there man!"
Fred
Site Staff

Post by Fred »

They should have set up long gutter-type trough urinals for the men and leave the portapots for the ladies. The troughs could empty into storm drains. It would have been fun to saunter through the crowds of desperate men…. :o :oops:
bradelzs
Active

Post by bradelzs »

Bit of an old article but I haven't seen it posted here before.

https://deadspin.com/an-absolute-shit-s ... 1695920768
Brian
Site Staff

Post by Brian »

bradelzs wrote: 26 Apr 2019, 14:01 Bit of an old article but I haven't seen it posted here before.

https://deadspin.com/an-absolute-shit-s ... 1695920768
Thanks very much! Some of it rings a bell with me so I might have seen it on another site, but I don't think it's here.
I like Jason's comment the best in that article. "...It was ridiculous. I saw 2 guys who ended up pissing their pants. I was shocked. ..."
Def123
Entrenched!

Post by Def123 »

Anyone else see this:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-h ... r-49163176

Maybe he couldn’t quite risk running inside? Maybe he made it inside but didn’t have the required 20p/50p (In which case what else could he have done?!)
Sam70
Can't stay away...

Post by Sam70 »

Suppose the police were close by when this guy became desperate. What if it was obvious that his bladder waws at the point of overflowing? If he stood there and pissed his pants because he really did lose control of his bladder, what would the police have done?

I suspect that he would have still needed to clean up the puddle of urine. Perhaps the police determined that this guy was also intoxicated or at least had too much to drink. The last thing the police would have wanted is for the man to need to piss urgently again while on the train and piss his pants on the train. That would be a good reason to not allow him to get on a train, any train!

Here in the US I remember there being paid toilets available years ago. There were also one or two toilets that were free. To say that they were not as well maintained as the toilets that cost money to use is an understatement. I'm thinking that there was no toilet paper in the free toilets. Been too long ago for me to remember some specifics.

I have been known to stand over the toilet in such a way to see that I did hit my target when upset stomach made its presence known! Beats absolutely no alternative except an accident of the type we don't usually write dialogue here!
Keith
Can't stay away...

Post by Keith »

Fred
Site Staff

Post by Fred »

From the article I'm assuming that the man had been drinking, and his "punishment" was more appropriate than throwing him in jail.

Are pay toilets still common in UK railway stations? You don't often see them in the US.