In the News

An area to discuss sightings and other observations. No sexual references please, there is the Stronger Interests section for that.
Fred
Site Staff

Re: In the News

Post by Fred »

Great post. I'll bet it happens more often than we know, since a lot of drivers wouldn't want to admit peeing their pants during a race, and in those fireproof suits it probably wouldn't show. And close calls. No doubt a lot of drivers sprint for the toilet as soon as the race is over. :shock:
bradelzs
Active

Post by bradelzs »

It is fairly common for drivers to pee in their suits, especially during endurance races.

The cockpit can reach 50°C, depending on the outside temperature, so the drivers do a lot of pre-hydration and continue to hydrate during the race.

I'm sure if you ever meet one of the crew members they would have at least one interesting story about a desperate driver.
evergreen
Well Known Member

Post by evergreen »

On 8/18 Adrian suggets a supply of adult nappies to be carried for a crisis. I endorse the suggestion for emergencies and and occasions when I know a crisis might arise. I have never worn a full blown nappies since being a small boy but always carry good heavy duty man pads in my car and have sometimes had to insert one in my briefs, most often in hold-ups on the M1 etc. Once I was held for so long I had to remove the first when it was sodden and use a second.

However I like to try to hold on till home but a few times on the M25 this resulted in my wetting my pants only a mile from home.
burstingguys
Site Staff

Post by burstingguys »

The thought of you urgently "inserting" a heavy duty man pad down your briefs Evergreen has me feeling all sorts of things not appropriate for the General/Open section of this board :lol:
"I gotta get in there man!"
Def123
Entrenched!

Post by Def123 »

Lee
Can't stay away...

Post by Lee »

Def123 wrote: 31 Jul 2018, 17:44 Story on the bbc news today:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-45018213
I saw that article! :lol:

I suspect he was more concerned about emptying his bursting bladder than any smouldering wood.
Def123
Entrenched!

Post by Def123 »

Maybe he got caught taking a much needed piss and the invented the fire story :mrgreen: !
Fred
Site Staff

Post by Fred »

Lee wrote: 31 Jul 2018, 18:45
Def123 wrote: 31 Jul 2018, 17:44 Story on the bbc news today:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-45018213
I saw that article! :lol:

I suspect he was more concerned about emptying his bursting bladder than any smouldering wood.
Apparently his bladder was full enough to be effective, and that would have to be quite a lot!
Keith
Can't stay away...

Post by Keith »

Keith
Can't stay away...

Post by Keith »

Fred wrote: 23 Apr 2018, 11:56 Great post. I'll bet it happens more often than we know, since a lot of drivers wouldn't want to admit peeing their pants during a race, and in those fireproof suits it probably wouldn't show. And close calls. No doubt a lot of drivers sprint for the toilet as soon as the race is over. :shock:

https://twitter.com/neilbeaton/status/1 ... 99328?s=19