Superheroes' bladder

An area to discuss sightings and other observations. No sexual references please, there is the Stronger Interests section for that.
greatwater
Can't stay away...

Superheroes' bladder

Post by greatwater »

I saw Lee's post about Tom Holland's desperation in Spiderman suit, and have a question.

Do you ever fantasise about superheroes' desperation? Batman, Superman, Wolverine, Joker, The Flash, Spiderman, Arrow, or any other characters.

I have written a fan-fiction about Iceman and Pyro's desperation. I will write more soon, but I just wanna know about your fantasy.
"What a relief! I thought I was gonna wet myself at the interview!"
"Damn the traffic! Been holding for about three hours!"
"Here we go! Ahhhhhhh Amazing piss!"
Brian
Site Staff
Re: Superheroes' bladder

Post by Brian »

Nice question! I hope I'm not instantly trashing people's fantasies if I say that I don't relate to the superheroes themselves because I don't find them very believable characters (I need to be able to relate to a character and find it credible to appreciate it). However, I do like the actors who play these roles, and I do like the skin-tight suits which they have to wear and the fact that (as discussed in Lee's thread) they don't have an opening in the relevant place so you can't get them off quickly, meaning that a quick pee break isn't an option!
greatwater
Can't stay away...

Post by greatwater »

Brian wrote: 19 Oct 2019, 09:25 However, I do like the actors who play these roles, and I do like the skin-tight suits which they have to wear and the fact that (as discussed in Lee's thread) they don't have an opening in the relevant place so you can't get them off quickly, meaning that a quick pee break isn't an option!
You'll see that kind of struggle a lot this Halloween, I think!

I mean I fantasise about this because of the actors too. Tom Holland, Christian Bale, Hugh Jackman, Michael Fassbender, ....
"What a relief! I thought I was gonna wet myself at the interview!"
"Damn the traffic! Been holding for about three hours!"
"Here we go! Ahhhhhhh Amazing piss!"
Fred
Site Staff

Post by Fred »

greatwater wrote: 19 Oct 2019, 09:59
Brian wrote: 19 Oct 2019, 09:25 However, I do like the actors who play these roles, and I do like the skin-tight suits which they have to wear and the fact that (as discussed in Lee's thread) they don't have an opening in the relevant place so you can't get them off quickly, meaning that a quick pee break isn't an option!
You'll see that kind of struggle a lot this Halloween, I think!

I mean I fantasise about this because of the actors too. Tom Holland, Christian Bale, Hugh Jackman, Michael Fassbender, ....
A good thought about Halloween. :twisted: A superhero costume would be perfect for a guy in good shape, and the common body suit/briefs outfit would be spoiled with a fly. So, Superman, go to your party but be prudent with your drinking. You're going to have to hold your bladder until you get home.
Fred
Site Staff

Post by Fred »

Here's a news article on the subject:

https://www.nydailynews.com/entertainme ... -1.3338259

Bathroom breaks: The most overlooked part of playing a superhero

By DAN GUNDERMAN
NEW YORK DAILY NEWS |
JUL 19, 2017 | 10:52 AM

Mighty as they may be, they still have to pee!
As it turns out, even though superheroes can practically move mountains, they have trouble accessing their nether parts in costume. This could make a typically quick bathroom break into a half-hour or longer process, some stars have told E! News.

It seems no one hero has been spared by this affliction, either — and that means Superman, Batman, Spider-Man, plus the female vigilantes who keep our cinematic streets safe.
Applying the superhero garb sometimes takes hours, and it could take quite a while to remove just enough to pee, at least according to Henry Cavill, Jennifer Lawrence, Tom Holland, Christian Bale, and others.

Cavill told E! News that for his first turn as Superman ("Man of Steel"), the suit had no zipper. "So it's just one of those things where you got to wait for the right time," he said.

Ryan Reynolds, star of the surprise 2016 blockbuster "Deadpool," put it plainly. According to E!, he's said, "To pee, it took me about 30 minutes to find my penis, so it was no joke. Russ Shankles, the genius who made that suit, didn't really think of that. I let him know it in no uncertain terms."

Further, when passing the Batman torch to Ben Affleck, Christian Bale advised his fellow actor to make sure he can get out of the costume alone. "It's essential," the star told E! News. "You don't feel much like a superhero when someone else has to help you pee."

Other stars who've discussed the arduous process of peeing in costume, on the record, include: Russell Crowe (in his role as Jor-El in "Man of Steel"), Andrew Garfield (who played the lead character in "The Amazing Spider-Man" movies), Chris Evans (as Captain America in the MCU), Tom Holland (as the latest Spider-Man) and Elizabeth Banks (Rita Repulsa in "Power Rangers").

To these stars, we say: may you pee in peace.
Brian
Site Staff

Post by Brian »

Ryan Reynolds may have been "putting it plainly" in that article, but I bet the genius who made the suit did actually "think of that" when he didn't include a way of extracting the manhood in a hurry (or even within 30 minutes). I bet it was deliberate! Either he thought Ryan would just be able to hold it right to the end during every film shooting session and felt that he should be made to, or he was interested in the consequences of putting him in that situation. :lol:

Great article, Fred!
Fred
Site Staff

Post by Fred »

And a couple of more little bits re superheroes peeing:

Superheroes Peeing Against Wall (Check this out):
https://fstoppers.com/bts/photographer- ... ique-59563

And an editorial:

https://www.vulture.com/2016/03/henry-c ... blems.html
It seems like we have the capacity to build a superhero wiener flap, right? We have the technology. The technology is there. Last night, Henry Cavill expounded on the bathroom-related problem affecting his Superman costume, namely that is impossible to pee without 20 minutes of prep work. The most absurd part of his tale is that it’s basically identical to the anecdote Christian Bale recently shared in which he warned Ben Affleck about the exact same thing. “It’s essential,” Bale told E! Online about donning the cape and cowl. “You don’t feel much like a superhero when someone else has to help you pee.” What is happening? We have the capacity to fabricate and destroy entire worlds onscreen, and the actors still have to frantically claw at their tights with only seconds to spare before they wet themselves? Do not say they can’t make an artful, aesthetically pleasing, canon wiener flap, because it’s just not true. Don’t you dare.

In Fred's opinion, the costumes lack a "wiener flap" because the designer (and some of us here) like the image of a hunky superstar strutting in his costume - and bursting for a piss.