Toilet Queue

An area to discuss sightings and other observations. No sexual references please, there is the Stronger Interests section for that.
Connor
Involved

Toilet Queue

Post by Connor »

So, one of my favourite things to see / scenarios is a whole load of guys queuing for a toilet and imagining what state of fullness each ones bladder might be in, how long they've needed, how long they've waited etc.

Unfortunately, it's quite rare to see, you're more likely to see a queue at the ladies rather than the gents.

But where I live in Edinburgh, at the main railway station Waverley, the toilets are currently out of action for refurbishment, and are replaced by temporary toilets with greatly reduced numbers of facilities. So when I was passing through today, I noticed they had a queuing system in place, socially distanced, and there was at least 8 or 9 guys waiting patiently. Sadly I didn't have much time to hang about, otherwise I would have watched out for any desperate looks or tell tale signs of desperation!

I'm very much thinking I should go back of a busy afternoon and just watch....see if there is any interesting sights. Anyone have any good toilet queue sightings? I love the thought of a guy so desperate that he begs to skip in front of others in the queue.
Fred
Site Staff

Re: Toilet Queue

Post by Fred »

There should be queues for the men's at sports bars when they feature games that would attract a mostly male audience. Not only would there be a disprorportionate number of men, but men would tend to hold their beer-filled bladders until a break in the action, and then all head for the loo. (There's that lovely video of the Czech guy in a bar doing just that.)
FloodGate
Active

Post by FloodGate »

Fred wrote: 20 Jun 2021, 00:15 There should be queues for the men's at sports bars when they feature games that would attract a mostly male audience. Not only would there be a disprorportionate number of men, but men would tend to hold their beer-filled bladders until a break in the action, and then all head for the loo. (There's that lovely video of the Czech guy in a bar doing just that.)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_s5Aew ... &index=117 Is this the video? If so, I believe this is somewhere in Turkey because the video title is in Turkish, but I could be wrong/
googlism2008
Can't stay away...

Post by googlism2008 »

Before this pandemic, mass running races such as half marathons regularly attract tens of thousands of participants, with males being the predominant sex. I'm quite sure such races will make a comeback some day in the future. When such races return, you can try to catch the long lines of very well hydrated people, all waiting for their turn to void their full bladders. Depending on the distance, perhaps half of the people will be wearing compression shorts or tights, which reduces the bladder capacity somewhat, and some would put on a looser pair of shorts on top of their compression bottoms. Even in such a scenario, overt desperation is very rare, but it is not unusual to see the body language of fit looking young men indicating their impatience. Actions such as foot tapping, or untying of drawstrings while in the queue.
Fred
Site Staff

Post by Fred »

FloodGate wrote: 20 Jun 2021, 01:45
Fred wrote: 20 Jun 2021, 00:15 There should be queues for the men's at sports bars when they feature games that would attract a mostly male audience. Not only would there be a disprorportionate number of men, but men would tend to hold their beer-filled bladders until a break in the action, and then all head for the loo. (There's that lovely video of the Czech guy in a bar doing just that.)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_s5Aew ... &index=117 Is this the video? If so, I believe this is somewhere in Turkey because the video title is in Turkish, but I could be wrong/
I stand corrected. Turkish he is, and still a hot guy absolutely bursting and barely holding it until there was a break. And he all but ran for the toilet! Can you imagine him having to wait in a queue?
Fred
Site Staff

Post by Fred »

googlism2008 wrote: 20 Jun 2021, 13:44 Before this pandemic, mass running races such as half marathons regularly attract tens of thousands of participants, with males being the predominant sex. I'm quite sure such races will make a comeback some day in the future. When such races return, you can try to catch the long lines of very well hydrated people, all waiting for their turn to void their full bladders. Depending on the distance, perhaps half of the people will be wearing compression shorts or tights, which reduces the bladder capacity somewhat, and some would put on a looser pair of shorts on top of their compression bottoms. Even in such a scenario, overt desperation is very rare, but it is not unusual to see the body language of fit looking young men indicating their impatience. Actions such as foot tapping, or untying of drawstrings while in the queue.
The Boston Marathon starts in a suburban town, and even though they have hundreds of portapotties available, there are tens of thousands of runners and spectators there. I have read complaints from some homeowners close to the starting line that many men - and some women - are pissing in their yards just prior to the start. When you're super-hydrated, of course you want to pee just before racing to avoid needing a "comfort stop" too soon.
googlism2008
Can't stay away...

Post by googlism2008 »

Fred wrote: 20 Jun 2021, 13:58
googlism2008 wrote: 20 Jun 2021, 13:44 Before this pandemic, mass running races such as half marathons regularly attract tens of thousands of participants, with males being the predominant sex. I'm quite sure such races will make a comeback some day in the future. When such races return, you can try to catch the long lines of very well hydrated people, all waiting for their turn to void their full bladders. Depending on the distance, perhaps half of the people will be wearing compression shorts or tights, which reduces the bladder capacity somewhat, and some would put on a looser pair of shorts on top of their compression bottoms. Even in such a scenario, overt desperation is very rare, but it is not unusual to see the body language of fit looking young men indicating their impatience. Actions such as foot tapping, or untying of drawstrings while in the queue.
The Boston Marathon starts in a suburban town, and even though they have hundreds of portapotties available, there are tens of thousands of runners and spectators there. I have read complaints from some homeowners close to the starting line that many men - and some women - are pissing in their yards just prior to the start. When you're super-hydrated, of course you want to pee just before racing to avoid needing a "comfort stop" too soon.
For a training run, you normally start hydrating, perhaps pee one or more times in the process, finish drinking up and make a final pee just before you run. Once you start running, your bladder is normally able to hold it in until the end of the run. So the planning is usually quite simple.

In a race, the logistics are quite a bit more complicated. You have to figure when to start drinking up, how much to drink up, when to pee, and when to enter the start pen.
1. You need to make your way to the race venue. Due to the very hot daytime temperature, the bigger races flag off at ungodly hours like 4 am, which means that no public transport is available. Some races would organize shuttle buses, which are significantly cheaper than midnight taxis, but these tend to bring the runners to the race venue very early, like an hour or more before flag off. Regardless of the mode of transport, traffic jams near the race venue is common due to road closures.
2. You use the toilet for the final time before the run. Even though there may be many portapotties provided, the queue in front of each can be dozens of people long. You won't know the length of the queues before arrival, so it is difficult to estimate how long the wait will be.
3. You enter the start pen. In a mass run involving thousands or tens of thousands of participants, the runners are divided into multiple groups called "waves" for crowd management purposes, and the waves are flagged off at 5 to 15 minutes apart. If you are a faster runner, you will have a better race experience by going into an earlier wave, to avoid getting blocked by slower runners. Often waves are first-come-first-serve, meaning that when you enter the start pen, if the earlier wave is already full, then you will be assigned into a later wave. However, to secure a position in an earlier wave, you might need to enter the start pen very early, and perhaps wait inside the start pen for an hour.
Def123
Entrenched!

Post by Def123 »

Beer festivals are good for this, although generally there’s never a horrendous queue as they do generally make decent provisions given that they’re expecting x thousand people to turn up and drink a load of beer (5 minute wait would be normal I suppose?).
I once went to a beer festival in the Midlands which was in a community centre where they didn’t normally have customers consuming alcohol, myself and a friend saw the huge line for the small gents and decided it would be preferable to go outside and across the road into a park. Took a badly needed piss against a big tree together and then went back in.

Similar at football/rugby grounds too from my limited experience. The best occasions I can recall are where there’s ‘unusual drinking’, house parties in my student days for example, in a shared house of 7 guys we had two bathrooms which was fine. But when we had 20-30 people round for a party there were often queues to take a piss, I’ve crossed streams a few times because of a wait (and used the garden and occasionally a sink of course!).

I can also remember a big queue at Leicester railway station once after a football match, big long queue and the gents was a scene of devastation. People had pissed on the floor, in the sinks and in the bin.
Connor
Involved

Post by Connor »

So I decided to go back a few times to see if I could catch some desperate action - not seen anything too exciting, yet, but managed to get a couple of photos of the queues, sometimes they have been as many as 10 guys waiting at any one time! Will be back again soon to see if I can see anything....

zsrh2002
Involved

Post by zsrh2002 »

Can you try posting again, the images don't show up.