Holding capacity when getting older

An area to discuss sightings and other observations. No sexual references please, there is the Stronger Interests section for that.
Pedeguger
Active

Holding capacity when getting older

Post by Pedeguger »

Hey there,
This is for the members who face their best times now. Do you realise a change in your holding capacity while getting older?
And if the answer is yes when did it start?
Fred
Site Staff

Re: Holding capacity when getting older

Post by Fred »

By the time I hit 60, I definitely noticed that I couldn't hold as much or as long as before. If I had three beers I would soon have to pee really bad and couldn't put it off. The culprit is, in part, my enlarged prostate. It not only sometimes prevents me from emptying fully but also brings on urgency when I'm not really full.

Some older guys aren't affected as much. I recall years ago being in a men's room with a trough urinal when an older gent (surely 70+) came in (in no apparent hurry), unfurled an admirable schlong, and peed at a good rate for at least a minute. I was impressed!
WetYs73
Active

Post by WetYs73 »

I'm in my late 40s. My issue is not so much holding capacity but urgency. I have noticed a lot recently that when sitting and working at my desk at home or at office, I don't notice the need at all but as soon as I stand up I am immediately desparate and more often than not, will squirt a little in my briefs. I often have to grab myself through my underpants to stop more leakage and run to the bathroom. Depending on how wet I am, I sometimes have to change my Y-fronts (and I do keep spares in the office) This has been ok so far at home and because the office is deserted due to COVID but when we all start to go back to work properly, I could have a problem. It's a dilemma - fetish versus real humiliation in the workplace!
Pedeguger
Active

Post by Pedeguger »

WetYs73 wrote: 10 Oct 2021, 16:54 I'm in my late 40s. My issue is not so much holding capacity but urgency. I have noticed a lot recently that when sitting and working at my desk at home or at office, I don't notice the need at all but as soon as I stand up I am immediately desparate and more often than not, will squirt a little in my briefs. I often have to grab myself through my underpants to stop more leakage and run to the bathroom. Depending on how wet I am, I sometimes have to change my Y-fronts (and I do keep spares in the office) This has been ok so far at home and because the office is deserted due to COVID but when we all start to go back to work properly, I could have a problem. It's a dilemma - fetish versus real humiliation in the workplace!
You feel no need before standing up?
Seems pretty uncomfortable for all public situations like in pubs or something like that.
Is the leaking so bad that it’s visible on your pants?
WetYs73
Active

Post by WetYs73 »

It is perhaps not so much about sitting and standing - more like if I am concentrating on something, as soon as I stop I have an urge that I did not notice before. It's interesting that this has developed during a time when I have not had much social life due to lockdown so it has not been tested much in pubs etc. I have had a few occasions where there has been some wetness on my trousers but my underpants are usually capable of absorbing the worst until I can run to the toilet. I was at a wedding last week with alcohol but I had no problems, thankfully. ;-)
Fred
Site Staff

Post by Fred »

WetYs73 wrote: 10 Oct 2021, 16:54 I'm in my late 40s. My issue is not so much holding capacity but urgency. I have noticed a lot recently that when sitting and working at my desk at home or at office, I don't notice the need at all but as soon as I stand up I am immediately desparate and more often than not, will squirt a little in my briefs. I often have to grab myself through my underpants to stop more leakage and run to the bathroom. Depending on how wet I am, I sometimes have to change my Y-fronts (and I do keep spares in the office) This has been ok so far at home and because the office is deserted due to COVID but when we all start to go back to work properly, I could have a problem. It's a dilemma - fetish versus real humiliation in the workplace!
In the past when I had the problem of unexpected urgency, it was manageable enough to make it to the toilet with just a couple of spurts in my briefs. Then as I got older, any time my bladder was somewhat full I knew I could expect a sudden urgency, so if I was in public I'd go pee. If I was home alone I wouldn't. Then it became a fun challenge for my holding muscle when the urge came. If you can ride it out, the urge may fade - for a few minutes.
Pedeguger
Active

Post by Pedeguger »

Do you guys think this happens because you are used to holding your piss for a very long time and your body does not realise the fullness of your bladders easily like an overexpansion of the bladder over the years?
WetYs73
Active

Post by WetYs73 »

I don't think so Pedeguger. I am more of a dribbler/wetter than a holder so I have not overstretched my bladder. I think my urgency might be a little bit age related combined with being used to having wet pants frequently over the years. I am a lifelong wetter and Y-fronts enthusiast!
AlphaJock
Active

Post by AlphaJock »

More than half of the accidents I've seen have been men in their 40s and 50s. I have a few stories I've started about this kind of situation but it seems most readers are keen on guys in their 20's and 30s.
Fred
Site Staff

Post by Fred »

AlphaJock wrote: 22 Oct 2021, 19:13 More than half of the accidents I've seen have been men in their 40s and 50s. I have a few stories I've started about this kind of situation but it seems most readers are keen on guys in their 20's and 30s.
Men in their 40s and 50s are at the age where some of their abilities may begin a slow decline. In situations where they customarily could easily put off peeing for hours, that time period may be shortened, and they haven't - or don't want to - adapt to it. As a result they may get caught short when they have always expected to be able to hold it.

Please feel free to post stories of older men. Some of us here can easily identify with them!