Heartbeat - Another Episode of the TV Series!

Stories, writings, literature, partial stories, multiple chapters etc. Discussions within the stories threads also permitted and encouraged. Please get involved, we always like new and old material, and different writing styles. Please do not post any sexual references here, there is another section for those stories (SI).
Lee
Can't stay away...

Heartbeat - Another Episode of the TV Series!

Post by Lee »

This story is based on around a British television series called ‘Heartbeat’ which ran for many years and was about a small Yorkshire village called Aidensfield in the late 1960’s. It centred around the local pub and the small police station, which housed a sergeant and three or four constables. PC 426 Phil Bellamy was the oldest of some young officers and was the constant throughout the series, whilst his other younger colleagues moved on and were replaced regularly. The TV series followed the books by Nicholas Rhea about his own experiences as a young policeman and he said of Phil Bellamy “He is a most likeable young policeman, a lad with an eye for the girls although he never quite succeeds with his romances.”
He was also described in the following fashion: “PC Bellamy was a pleasant, laid-back and somewhat goofy bloke with a good heart and a great sense of humour. He was always having crushes on local girls but never managed to come across as a serious Romeo and was a bit of a bungler. He always set out with the best of intentions but was such a kid at heart that nothing ever turned out the way he hoped for…”

(when you read on, remember this is the 1960’s)
----------------------------------------
Phil Bellamy leant forwards on the bar of the Aidensfield Arms, resting his elbows on the dark teak and polished wooden surface as he spoke to the barmaid Gina.

“Stick another pint in there, love” he grinned, lifting his arms up as the 25-year old copper realised that both elbows of his blue police uniform shirt had soaked up some of the beer spilled on the bar.

“Aren’t you still on duty?” Gina asked as she pulled the pump and poured the pint of frothing ale.

“Yeah, supposed to be anyway. But nothing’s happening out there and my shift’s over in about 20 minutes. So I might as well wait here for the other lads to join me.”

He stood upright and flicked some ash from his black uniform trousers before taking several lengthy gulps of his freshly-poured beer and then waiting for Gina to return so that he could continue to chat her up.

It was around 10 minutes later that fellow police constables Mike Bradley and Steve Crane walked in, accompanied by new rookie officer Tom Nicholson. Mike was 24 years old and portrayed someone of far more mature years. The voice of reason and common sense at the nick, he was never flustered and led by example, whilst Steve was two years younger but equally as professional in his approach which was almost fastidious. In complete contract, 20-year old Tom was still a probationer and was constantly being chastised for his immature behaviour. Often a bit dozy and with a penchant for a bit of a laugh himself, he was also the target for pranks from the others, who knew that he’d unwittingly be the fall-guy for their gentle humour.

“All right lads,” greeted Phil, “pints all round?”

As his colleagues nodded, Phil lifted his glass and gulped back the remaining third of his pint, wiping his lips and placing his empty glass back on the bar.

“Four pints please, Gina” he said.

Only a few minutes passed, and all four constables had taken only small sips of their drinks when the door of the pub burst open, causing everyone to look around sharply. It was their sergeant Denis Merton, a tall Scottish disciplinarian who barked orders. His immaculate appearance reflected his previous service for many years in the armed forces and his piercing stare caused the officers to stand to attention almost before he’d spoken.

“Get yourselves out here now please lads. We’ve got an emergency situation to deal with.”

All four constables plonked down their pints and complied immediately, heading straight for the door.

“Grab your jackets and look sharp,” Sergeant Merton said, “I’ve just had a call from CID. They’ve had a tip-off that tonight’s mail train could be the target for a robbery and there’s a possibility that it will be at Ashfordly station. We’re going straight there for a stake-out and we’ll be observing for as long as we’re needed.”

“Righto Sarge” replied Steve Crane and Mike Bradley in unison.

“Sarge” blurted out Phil Bellamy, “have I just got time to use the… you-know-what?”

“No you have not!” snapped back Merton, “get yourself in the van!”

Phil looked crestfallen and young Tom Nicholson’s face broke out in a grin from ear to ear as he said, “whoops!”, prompting Mike to prod him in the back sharply.

Buttoning up their jackets, all of the constables piled into the back of Sergeant Merton’s tiny van and with everyone crammed in tightly, almost sitting with their knees under their chins, they set off for the railway station in the nearby borough, arriving around 20 minutes later.

As they clambered out, they all stretched their cramped limbs and Phil Bellamy exhaled sharply as he did so, muttering quietly “I really do need the toilet!”

“Whoa-whoa, bladder emergency approaching!” sniggered PC Nicholson, prompting another rebuke from Mike Bradley. “Will you just grow up!”

Inside the dimly lit waiting room, Merton addressed his closely-gathered men. “Now lads, we have a crucial role to play here. I don’t want any eyes being averted away from the line and if you see any movement whatsoever, you’re to report it immediately, however small. We are going to maintain a watching brief for as long as we need to and we will do so in silence and with the utmost concentration, is that understood?”

All of the constables nodded as Merton continued.

“Right, Crane, you go to the end of the window, Bradley a few yards to his left, then Bellamy and lastly Nicholson. I want you all squatting down, not sitting, on your haunches so that you can see out of the window and you cannot be seen from the outside. Okay. Go.”

As they all moved to take up their positions, Phil whispered to Mike,

“I hope their toilets are open otherwise I won’t be able to last out.”

Mike patted him on the back but said nothing as they all took up their posts and crouched down as instructed.

In the semi-light and silence, nothing happened for several minutes before suddenly Sergeant Merton spoke quietly.
“Is everyone okay? Do you all have a clear view of the line? Remember, any movement at all and you speak up.”

The only response came from PC Bellamy.

“Sarge” he whispered, “Can I see if the toilets are open?”

“No you cannot!” replied Merton in a cranky whisper, “I told you, no movement at all.”

“But Sarge…”

“But Sarge nothing! Be quiet and keep your eyes peeled.”

Despite the faded light, Phil looked across at Mike Bradley and pulled an anguished face. Mike just shrugged in response.

Another 15 minutes passed without incident and Sergeant Merton again broke the silence.

“Okay lads, I’ve brought a flask of tea with me and in 10 minutes time I’ll pour out some cups and one at a time you can crawl across and take a cup. Careful though, no sudden or obvious movements.”

“Tea, lovely!” muttered Tom Nicholson, “I bet you could do with a cuppa, couldn’t you Phil?”

“Shut it!” snapped PC Bellamy.

“Quiet!” barked out Sergeant Merton.

“Sarge!” a slightly louder voice than before echoed through the room.

“What?”

“Sarge, I’m sorry to ask again,” whispered Phil Bellamy in a barely audible tone, “But I have absolutely got to go to the toilet. I’m really, really desperate.”

Merton’s reply was almost loud enough to be heard outside.

“NO! Haven’t you heard a word I’ve said?” then in a lower voice again, he added, “Look lad, I’m sorry you’re in discomfort, but we can’t jeopardise this operation because you need the toilet. Anyway, I believe the toilets are locked up for the night. You’ll have to wait I’m afraid.”

PC Bellamy’s voice quivered slightly as he replied, “I can’t wait!”

At the end of the room, PC Steve Crane murmured under his breath, “Oh God, this is just embarrassing.”

But Tom Nicholson was not to be deterred, letting out a quiet but lengthy “psssssssssss” sound as he tried not to giggle out loud.

“Tom, this isn’t funny!” reprimanded Mike Bradley, “Phil’s in trouble, have some manners.”

“You’re not really going to wet your pants, are you?” said Tom, with his hand over his mouth trying to stifle a giggle.

“Oh God!” cringed Steve Crane again.

Phil was almost at his wit’s end, “Mike” he whispered, “Mike, I’m going to wet myself if I don’t do something!”

PC Mike Bradley cleared his throat and spoke quietly but firmly.

“Sergeant Merton, we’ve seriously got a real problem here. Phil is absolutely dying to go to the toilet.”

“I don’t care…” Merton started to respond, but he was interrupted by Mike again,

“Sarge, he’s going to have an accident!”

“Please Sarge, I’m going to do it my trousers!” pleaded Phil.

“Oh No! This is just what we don’t need!” groaned Sergeant Merton as Steve Crane shook his head in silent disbelief.

“It’s like supervising a group of children not police officers, it really is” continued the sergeant, “I might just as well have taken a child out for the day.”

“I think Phil’s about to do something child-like Sarge!” chided Tom Nicholson, revelling in the situation.

“Look calm down everyone. Bellamy, just wait until I can sort something out to resolve your situation, okay.” Merton added.

Mike Bradley looked across at a frantic Phil Bellamy and mouthed, “You going to be okay?”

PC Bellamy shook his head, “I’ve never been this close to wetting myself.”

During the next few minutes, as Denis Merton tried desperately to think how he could solve the dilemma without allowing one of his men to move and go outside without compromising their task, the four young constables remained in their sedentary postures.

PC Steve Crane, upright, proud of his uniform and determined to maintain his dignity at all times, was casting glance after glance across at his older colleague, desperately hoping that nothing would happen to embarrass his fellow officer … and himself, as an unwitting participant in the situation.

PC Mike Bradley was looking on knowingly. He knew Phil well enough to know that he would not have uttered the humiliating phrase about ‘doing it in his trousers’ if his predicament wasn’t critical. And he still wasn’t entirely sure that Sergeant Merton fully understood the seriousness of the situation.

Young PC Tom Nicholson had never seen anything like it in his life. Here was one of his older police colleagues, and one in whose eyes he could seemingly do little right, on the apparent verge of weeing in his pants and his uniform trousers. It was too good an opportunity to miss, even if he faced the wrath of his fellow officers.

“Are your pants still dry, Phil?” he whispered, “or have you started leaking?”

Mike and Steve didn’t both to respond this time and both had their eyes fixed on Phil Bellamy who was gently but rapidly bouncing up and down on the heels of his shoes and had his head lowered with his chin almost touching his chest and his eyes half-closed.

Suddenly, Sergeant Merton spoke.
“Now listen here. Bellamy, I’m going to carefully swop positions with you, cautiously mind, we don’t want any sudden or obvious movements. When you’re in my position you can slowly make you way on your haunches to the door and if…and only if… all is clear and you wait for my instruction, you can open the door slightly and crawl outside where you’ll have to deal with your predicament as best you can, is that okay?”

But his words had almost gone in one of Phil’s ears and out of the other without registering as he simply responded with a solitary and whimpering utterance of “Sarge…”

Still crouched down on his haunches, PC Phil Bellamy was experiencing stabbing pains like a knife in his lower stomach. All around his midriff he could feel nothing but a sort of numbness, other than the sensation of his thick leather belt digging into his belly. His raised buttocks ached and were tingling and lower down his legs he could feel his calf muscles tight and taut. For what seemed like an eternity, he had been fighting to control his bladder muscles but now he could feel only one sensation. No tensing of his groin area could lessen the agony which had reached epic proportions and no amount of holding made the slightest difference…

…instead, all his could feel was the elasticity of his muscles uncontrollably relaxing and pulsating like someone banging on a stretched drum. He’d never ever experienced such a sensation and for a brief few seconds he genuinely didn’t know what was happening to him…

…but then he felt a sensation that no mature adult, let alone an on-duty policeman, would ever wish to experience. A scorching warmth spreading around his groin and underneath his backside instantly told him that it was ‘game over’. The hotness spread rapidly and suddenly the backs of his thighs were also burning hot as the thick-gusseted crotch of his white cotton y-front underpants began to absorb his urine and divert the flow all over his thighs and down his legs.

Watching from a few yards away, Mike Bradley saw Phil’s shoulders suddenly slump in defeated resignation of his fate and further along the line, Steve Crane heard the very audible and telling groan emanating from his colleague. Both knew exactly what had happened.

Tom Nicholson had not picked up on either the body language nor the gentle moan, but in almost child-like excitement, he squeaked, “Look! Look, he’s weeing, he’s weeing!! Directly in Tom eyesight, he could see Phil’s shoes and ankles and he was captivated as he saw clear liquid dripping, then streaming out of the bottom of PC Bellamy’s uniform trousers, trickling from the cuff and weaving its way down his black ribbed cotton sock and over the side of his lace-up police shoe.

By the time Steve and Mike also noticed the stream, by now pouring out on the floor over Phil’s shoes and socks and making a frothing and bubbling puddle on the lino flooring, Sergeant Merton had also heard the watery sound of water onto solid flooring and all four of the others in the room noticed a brief but very obvious aroma of fresh warm urine.

“Oh My God, No, please!” muttered Sergeant Merton, almost as if he’d been told someone had just died.

“Phil!” said Mike Bradley, to no response, before quickly repeating “Phil, Phil!”

PC Bellamy made no movement nor even turned his head, but simply announced what his colleagues already knew.

“I’ve done it! I’ve done it in my pants! I’ve wet myself! I’m wetting myself!”

Nobody else uttered a single word as the sound of urine firing onto the flooring gradually subsided, leaving a huge puddle glistening and glimmering on the lino surface, swimming and steaming all around the young police officer’s dusty and scuffed shoes.

Eventually Sergeant Merton broke the awkward icy silence.

“Okay lad, we’ll try and get you sorted out as soon as we can okay?”

Hardly anyone else reacted in the next 10 minutes. Phil remained squatting, feeling cold and clammy as his heavily-soaked underpants drooped down inside his thick police trousers which were itchy and soddenly cold. Little dribbles and trickles ran gently down his legs, streaming down as far as his socks and ankles whilst his shoes felt warm, uncomfortable and sticky as his saturated socks clung to his ankles.

Steve and Mike exchanged silent shrugs and glances whilst even Tom had quelled his glee and just kept staring across at Phil’s shoes, watching as the puddle rippled every so often with another drip from his trouser-legs.

Phil was in the middle of his worst nightmare and couldn’t comprehend what had happened. He was a 25-year old police officer who had just wet himself spectacularly and voluminously in front of his colleagues.

It was around another 35 minutes later that Sergeant Merton got a radio call to say that the observation was now off as the destination of the planned robbery had been elsewhere and averted. He stood up and switched on the lights, with the now stale but still shimmering puddle glistening on the waiting room floor. For the first time, Phil saw the eyes of his four colleagues all looking at his lower half and his feet, although none of them were making direct eye contact with him.

As he stood up, he released a deluge that had been contained in his heavy and soaking wet pants to stream coldly all down his legs and run out over his shoes and socks onto the floor once again.

Bow-legged and awkwardly, he walked out silently to the small unmarked van and his embarrassment levels were unintentionally raised when Sergeant Merton said, “You’d better sit in the front lad.”

It was around another 20 minutes when the van arrived back at the Aidensfield Arms where the others had left their belongings and as Sergeant Merton began his debrief with the CID officers, the constables walked into the pub. The general chatter dropped down a notch and a crestfallen Phil walked behind his colleagues. His uniform trousers clung uncomfortably and wetly to his legs and he had his head bowed.

“Is everything alright?” asked a concerned-looking Gina.

“Phil’s had an accident” replied Mike Bradley.

“Oh God, what’s happened? Are you alright?” shrieked Gina.

“In his knickers!” giggled Tom Nicholson.

Gina and the others in the bar looked momentarily confused before Tom guffawed loudly, “In his pants! He’s had an accident in his pants!” prompting Mike to slap him around the back of his head.

“Ouch, that hurt!” Tom groaned.

“It was meant to!” replied Mike testily.

PC Nicholson frowned and rubbed the back of his head, “Well it wasn’t me who went to the toilet in his trousers!”

With that, Sergeant Denis Merton strode in to the pub, walked up to the bar and said firmly,

"Phil's wet himself during the observation, Gina. I wonder if you might be able to help him sort himself out?"

“Come through love” Gina said softly from behind the bar, and Phil walked past her, hardly lifting his eyes.

In the back-room and whilst Gina went to run a bath, PC Bellamy eased his shoes off and undid his trousers, letting them drop around his thighs before his wrapped the blanket that Gina had handed him, around his waist.

Gina came back in.

“Take your pants off love and give them to me. I’ll put them in the wash for you.”

As his white y-fronts dropped soddenly around his ankles, Gina bent down and carefully lifted them up as Phil stepped out of them.

“Give me your socks too, I’ll put them in as well. I’ll get Oscar to lend you some of his things for now.”

A few minutes later and with Phil in the bathroom, pub landlord and retired police sergeant Oscar appeared with a pile of freshly-laundered clothes and handed them to Gina.

“It wouldn’t have happened in my day Gina. A copper wetting himself! I’ve never heard anything like it.”

Back out in the bar, the locals were in deep discussion. The village certainly had its topic for gossip for the foreseeable future!
Fred
Site Staff

Re: Heartbeat - Another Episode of the TV Series!

Post by Fred »

Another PC masterpiece by Lee! Described so well that I could picture it and feel the urgency. :o And although Phil Bellamy will get some ribbing in subsequent days, the incident was all handled with sensitivity. Embarrassment perhaps, but no humiliation. The others on the force know that "There, but for the grace of God, go I". :oops:
Brian
Site Staff

Post by Brian »

Though I'm not familiar with the TV series, I can picture the characters and especially the "goofy", ineptly romantic, and evidently accident-prone Phil from your opening description in his '60s British police uniform. And the scene with him and his colleagues in their crouched positions, with nothing to do but wait for the action and therefore all acutely aware of the developing situation, really does it for me.

That sergeant clearly had far more attention to give to the possible robbery than he had for the needs of his underlings.

Really enjoyable reading, Lee. Thank you.
Adrian6970
Entrenched!

Post by Adrian6970 »

Fantastic story, Lee. Well done.
WetYs73
Active

Post by WetYs73 »

As a fan of a big traditional Y-front, this is one of my favourite posts ever. I just wish more lads wore/wet them these days!
Lee
Can't stay away...

Post by Lee »

WetYs73 wrote: 19 Jan 2021, 22:55 As a fan of a big traditional Y-front, this is one of my favourite posts ever. I just wish more lads wore/wet them these days!
Read Wet in the Witness Box on page 2 of the stories section.
WetYs73
Active

Post by WetYs73 »

Lee wrote: 20 Jan 2021, 10:59
Read Wet in the Witness Box on page 2 of the stories section.
Oh, I have! Many times... I've been lurking on this forum for AGES! Loving your work Lee :-)
ryan1990
Well Known Member

Post by ryan1990 »

WetYs73 I agree, it’d be nice if more guys wore briefs, although I prefer standard briefs to y fronts.
WetYs73
Active

Post by WetYs73 »

ryan1990 wrote: 20 Jan 2021, 21:59 WetYs73 I agree, it’d be nice if more guys wore briefs, although I prefer standard briefs to y fronts.
Anything but black boxer briefs - they don't show the wet patch at all! :D
ryan1990
Well Known Member

Post by ryan1990 »

Grey briefs are good for that!