In the News

An area to discuss sightings and other observations. No sexual references please, there is the Stronger Interests section for that.
Fred
Site Staff

Re: In the News

Post by Fred »

Brian wrote: 13 May 2022, 08:23
Lee wrote: 12 May 2022, 22:38 Sounds like he was at greater risk of having it all fall through his trousers!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
That's true, he just managed to take emergency action to avoid that.
But with someone standing behind him with a camera and a hotline to the press, he still suffered the embarrassing leakage. ;)
One question arises in my mind. He left the nightclub by a side door, apparently with a very full bladder. Why didn't he use the men's room at the nightclub? He apparently isn't pee-shy! Was he planning to hold it until he got back to his hotel/home, and if so, why?
Brian
Site Staff

Post by Brian »

Fred wrote: 13 May 2022, 08:47 One question arises in my mind. He left the nightclub by a side door, apparently with a very full bladder. Why didn't he use the men's room at the nightclub? He apparently isn't pee-shy! Was he planning to hold it until he got back to his hotel/home, and if so, why?
My best guess: he was too under the influence of alcohol to realise he was close to pissing himself when he left the nightclub. Alcohol can delay being conscious of a very full bladder until the last minute, can't it?
To me it's a bit more interesting to speculate that he was actually a bit pee-shy and didn't want to admit to the people he was with that he had to pee first before they parted company. Peeing by the cash machine was then pure necessity - it was that or in his pants - so the pee-shyness was over-ruled. That's my second guess.
AlphaJock
Active

Post by AlphaJock »

Fred wrote: 13 May 2022, 08:47
Lee wrote: 12 May 2022, 22:38 Sounds like he was at greater risk of having it all fall through his trousers!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
But with someone standing behind him with a camera and a hotline to the press, he still suffered the embarrassing leakage. ;)
One question arises in my mind. He left the nightclub by a side door, apparently with a very full bladder. Why didn't he use the men's room at the nightclub? He apparently isn't pee-shy! Was he planning to hold it until he got back to his hotel/home, and if so, why?
Nightclub restrooms double as improvised lovemaking areas and are often completely out of commission at peak hours (which is exactly when many guys most urgently require a free toilet having broken the seal and then topped off their bladders with additional booze ).

There is often incredible desperation in queues for club toilets, handsome guys dressed up for an evening picking up chicks now frantically trying to contain swollen overfilled beer bladders while a oblivious couple hogs the one free single-fixture restroom. Even the most confident guys trying to be discreet about their urgent situation can be seen making a mad dash for the emergency exits to a dark street or corner ally when it becomes clear waiting is no longer a viable option.
Fred
Site Staff

Post by Fred »

AlphaJock wrote: 15 May 2022, 21:16
Fred wrote: 13 May 2022, 08:47

Nightclub restrooms double as improvised lovemaking areas and are often completely out of commission at peak hours (which is exactly when many guys most urgently require a free toilet having broken the seal and then topped off their bladders with additional booze ).

There is often incredible desperation in queues for club toilets, handsome guys dressed up for an evening picking up chicks now frantically trying to contain swollen overfilled beer bladders while a oblivious couple hogs the one free single-fixture restroom. Even the most confident guys trying to be discreet about their urgent situation can be seen making a mad dash for the emergency exits to a dark street or corner ally when it becomes clear waiting is no longer a viable option.
AlphaJock, you answered my question, and it's both logical and hot!
Brian
Site Staff

Post by Brian »

Article from my local news site with video, both in Dutch, about two young men who got stuck for three hours in a lift at a metro station.

https://www.nhnieuws.nl/nieuws/304857/f ... t-geregeld

From the video it's clear that the 19-year-old guy who couldn't hold his pee in any longer is the one in the blue top with the white lettering on it.

I'll translate the text of the article down to just beyond the end of the third paragraph which is the relevant part. ;)
Bikes belonging to guys who got stuck in the lift are still stuck there: "This is really badly organised"

Tom and Jim (both 19) have been without their bikes for nearly five days now. On Friday evening they thought they'd take the easy lift at Vijzelgracht metro station when they got stuck about three metres above the ground. They were stuck for three hours, and in the end they climbed out through the hatch in the ceiling with the help of the fire brigade. More than four days later the guys still don't have their bikes which are still stuck in the lift: "I'm glad it wasn't my grandma who was stuck."

"We waved goodbye to our friends who were still downstairs and they took the staircase," says Tom. "But things turned out differently." The lift stopped, and the engineer had to be called. But he didn't come. Therefore the fire brigade needed to be summoned. The thick glass in the new lift shaft could not be broken, so the guys remained stuck there with their bikes.

"It was funny at first, but when the help services had no more idea than we did because the manual was in German, I thought: this can take a long time." It took so long that one of the guys could not hold on any longer. "With the go-ahead from the fire brigade we forced the door a tiny bit open and I was able to pee through it."

The guys were helped out by the fire brigade and both climbed out through the hatch in the ceiling. [...]
googlism2008
Can't stay away...

Post by googlism2008 »

Brian wrote: 11 Jun 2022, 17:18 Article from my local news site with video, both in Dutch, about two young men who got stuck for three hours in a lift at a metro station.

https://www.nhnieuws.nl/nieuws/304857/f ... t-geregeld

From the video it's clear that the 19-year-old guy who couldn't hold his pee in any longer is the one in the blue top with the white lettering on it.

I'll translate the text of the article down to just beyond the end of the third paragraph which is the relevant part. ;)
Bikes belonging to guys who got stuck in the lift are still stuck there: "This is really badly organised"

Tom and Jim (both 19) have been without their bikes for nearly five days now. On Friday evening they thought they'd take the easy lift at Vijzelgracht metro station when they got stuck about three metres above the ground. They were stuck for three hours, and in the end they climbed out through the hatch in the ceiling with the help of the fire brigade. More than four days later the guys still don't have their bikes which are still stuck in the lift: "I'm glad it wasn't my grandma who was stuck."

"We waved goodbye to our friends who were still downstairs and they took the staircase," says Tom. "But things turned out differently." The lift stopped, and the engineer had to be called. But he didn't come. Therefore the fire brigade needed to be summoned. The thick glass in the new lift shaft could not be broken, so the guys remained stuck there with their bikes.

"It was funny at first, but when the help services had no more idea than we did because the manual was in German, I thought: this can take a long time." It took so long that one of the guys could not hold on any longer. "With the go-ahead from the fire brigade we forced the door a tiny bit open and I was able to pee through it."

The guys were helped out by the fire brigade and both climbed out through the hatch in the ceiling. [...]
Must had been an extremely public pee. :)
bodgyuk
Site Staff

Post by bodgyuk »

Brian wrote: 11 Jun 2022, 17:18

Watching the video the first time, I thought I saw a wet patch on blue shirts trousers, but on watching a second time (and a third) I couldn't even see that part of the clip. Must have been my over excited imagination.
Bigdog
Can't stay away...

Post by Bigdog »

I don’t think he wet himself
Brian
Site Staff

Post by Brian »

On watching the clip again today I've noticed something which the blue top guy, Jim, said which is quite interesting and which somehow I didn't even notice before. (Is the exact sequence of shots of the film being changed now and then in the video you see? That might explain what bodgyuk saw and then didn't see.)

On this new viewing, Jim in the blue top says: "I actually needed the toilet when we were still in the metro train. After two hours in the lift I just couldn't hold it any longer ..." followed by the description, related by both guys, of forcing the door open so that Jim could pee through the opening.

As googlism points out, it must have been a very public spectacle. See-through glass lift and all. Wished I'd been there!
Brian
Site Staff

Post by Brian »

A week or so ago I was reading an article on volkskrant.nl about the problems at Amsterdam's Schiphol airport. No point in linking to it because it's a pay site and in Dutch, but I want to relate and paraphrase one small part of that article here.

Like various other European airports, Amsterdam airport has huge problems with staff shortages following the pandemic because many staff, who work largely for outside contractors, were laid off during the crisis and have not returned. The bad pay and working conditions are a huge factor in the airport having trouble staffing itself for the new surge of summer holiday vacationers.

This article was about the grievances of security personnel. They have to deal with angry passengers who have been queueing for ages for the security check and sometimes miss their flights doing so. Prominently mentioned were instances where passengers wet their pants. This apparently happens because people can't leave their place in the huge queues without risking missing their flight. I assume, though the article didn't mention this specifically, that wet pants give problems when security have to search passengers who set the metal detector off.