Military stories on Quora

Reposted material. Such as stories that have been copied from other sites and are not your own. If they are your own, you may put them in the 'stories' section. When posting please link to the original URL and the author. Please remember to copy the story in full.
googlism2008
Can't stay away...

Military stories on Quora

Post by googlism2008 »

https://www.quora.com/What-would-happen ... heir-pants

What would happen if a recruit in a boot camp peed or defecated in their pants?

----

So in Basic training there are periodic urinalysis tests. One fateful morning in December our Drill Sergeant told us that we would be taking that test later on in the day so he instructed us to drink lots of water and not use the restroom until then. This was all before morning PT and actually about 4–5 hours before we would be peeing in a cup. Most of us just decided to hold our routinely morning piss until that time.

For whatever reason, the Drill Sergeants were short on numbers that day and the process was taking a lot longer than it usually did. By this time everyone who didn’t pee first thing in the morning was really suffering and they were going down the list in Alphabetical order. A guy a few dudes behind me in the line was really suffering more than the rest of us. He usually had an issue going in the cup so he made sure to drink plenty of water in preparation which he quickly came to regret. After all, the only thing you can think about in line for a urinalysis is about how badly you have to relieve yourself.

As time much onward and the line moved excruciatingly slow, the guy couldn’t claimed he couldn’t hold it any longer and pushed his way up to the desk a DS was taking ID’s and demanded he get to go right now. The DS basically told him to get back in line so he proceeded to try and rush to the bathroom but was blocked by the DS. It was at this point the poor guy gave up on it all and relieved himself right then and there. At the time we were wearing our winter PT uniform with the pants. These pants were pretty new still and were quite good at deflecting any liquids off them. So when this soldier let loose the flood gates, all of it ran down his leg and puddled at his foot since the pants absorbed none of the fluid.

The DS looked down at the floor and leaped backwards to avoid the expanding puddle with a look of surprise mixed with disgust and so did all the other recruits around him. The guy had the most pitiful look on his face because as far as he was concerned he had almost peed on the DS. He let out a meek “Sorry” while looking at the DS. The DS just looked at him and then at the rest of us and instructed us to move the line to the other side of the room. He then told the poor sap to go clean himself up, also reminding him to drink more water since he still had to pee in the cup. He picked a handful of us to clean up the mess, me included. Nothing come of it in the end maybe because the Drill Sergeants didn’t mention the test would be many hours later when they told us not to pee.

And that’s how I ended up mopping up urine during basic.

----

We had a recruit piss himself. Guess he was too scared to asked to go to the restroom or had some undisclosed medical issue. I don’t think it was the latter since he graduated with us.

We all noticed his trousers were wet but when we were scrambling to line up, we thought he spilled water from his canteen. The DI came by and he smelled the urine. He ordered the recruit to the head (restroom) to change. When the recruit came back, the DI ripped him for not having the balls to request to go to the restroom. 3 other recruits had to clean up the area he was standing at.

We all had a lecture on courage later on. From that point, no one pissed themselves.

----

Although it happened a couple times to others, and I was close a few times, it does happen. You drink a ton of water, and a canteen ( 1 quart) before bed. At lights out, you can’t get out of bed until the Drill instructor gets off the “ kill floor”. The other thing that is unnerving is that as recruits, you must ask to use the head in a very specific way. Not loud enough? Say it again, sound like a pussy? Say it better… you get the idea. So it does happen. Guys That piss or shit the bed are usually labeled as failure to adapt and fairly quickly process for separation

----

Had a guy in my platoon do just that in formation one day. He was made fun of briefly, told by the drill sergeants to go change, was the brunt of jokes for roughly a week, then life continued on for him. Stuff happens, it is what it is.
googlism2008
Can't stay away...

Re: Military stories on Quora

Post by googlism2008 »

https://www.quora.com/What-would-happen ... number-two

What would happen if a recruit in boot camp told their drill instructor that they needed to take a leak or number two?

----

I can tell you what happened to me. I remember the situation vividly because it was equal parts embarrassing and physically painful.

I was in basic training back in ’87 and we must have been coming back to our barracks from a training area far away because we were on some kind of a decommissioned school bus.

Since it is hotter than living hell in North Carolina in July, I had been chugging the recommended amount of hot, plastic-tasting water from my two Army-issued canteens.

I must not have been as dehydrated as I thought, because I realized the need to urinate increasing exponentially as we approached the barracks. Normally I would just suck it up and hold it without saying a word until we got to the barracks and ultimately, the latrine.

This time I had a decision to make. The last thing on Earth I wanted to do was to be the one who wanted to speak up to the Drill Sargeant because I had to take a piss.

At some point, maybe a quarter-mile from the barracks my body hit the two-minute warning. The pain was excruciating and my body warned me that I was about to piss myself soon and there was nothing I could physically do about it.

Thinking it worse just to let loose and not say anything, I informed my Drill Sargeant.

“Sergeant Sabido, Cadet McCardle requests that he be allowed to exit the vehicle immediately due to an extremely urgent need to urinate!!”

I felt fucking stupid, but when you have to go, you have to go. Besides, I was pre-med and we had not too long before studied the physical harm that can be done to the human body if you hold it too long.

He, not surprisingly, looked at me a bit stunned and replied:

“Are you kidding me, Cadet?”

“Negative, Sergeant. Doing my best not to piss on the bus.”

Come to think of it, that’s one of the more quotable lines in my life. I don’t think I’ve told anyone this story other than shortly after it happened. It’s not exactly something to boast about.

“Stop the bus!” Sabido shouted to the driver.

“Run, cadet!!”, he shouted to me. And I did.

It’s a miracle I could hold it in until I got to the latrine, but it wasn’t that far of a run.

I recall when the rest of the bus got back, (in just a few seconds) I did a bunch of explaining because no one had any clue what had just happened.

Fortunately, I didn’t earn a nickname out of the situation.
Brian
Site Staff

Post by Brian »

These are all really good.

Military scenes are definitely rich in possibilities for what interests us.
Fred
Site Staff

Post by Fred »

Brian wrote: 23 Jun 2023, 16:15 These are all really good.

Military scenes are definitely rich in possibilities for what interests us.
:arrow:

In the military, the men are sometimes overhydrated, they often are placed in situations where opportunities to pee are limited, and they are motivated to avoid the disgrace of wetting themselves. I think that most men in the armed services have learned (the hard way) how much and how long they can hold when they really, really must.