Briefer Sightings

An area to discuss sightings and other observations. No sexual references please, there is the Stronger Interests section for that.
Brian
Site Staff
Re: Briefer Sightings

Post by Brian »

Wombat48 wrote: 22 Sep 2023, 16:23 Great account! I love spending time I Scotland. I was at The Killers gig a few weeks ago at the Royal Edinburgh showground..saw lots of desperation including my own at the end of the night Lol 😀
How funny, I too was in several places in Scotland, including Edinburgh, a couple of weeks ago. In Edinburgh I just went to the national museum, the national gallery, and "The Street" gay bar and didn't see any desperation at all. But clearly I should have visited the Royal Edinburgh showground. If you feel like telling us more about the desperation you saw, your own, and how it all happened, I for one would love to know about it. 8-)
Jamester81
Active

Post by Jamester81 »

I would love to know more about the build up to the incident and how it was dealt with afterwards. I assume the lad wouldn't be able to go back home as the return buses would only leave after the match. Given the number of people there, someone would be able to get a change of clothes for him.

He must've been extremely embarrassed but I wonder how he reacted. Did he attempt to laugh it off or was his reaction more serious, perhaps even emotional? And how did others react? Was there a lot of support and sympathy or was there a loud outburst of laughter as the news (and his bladder contents) spread around the bus?

This happened in September at the start of uni term. Perhaps he was in his first year and didn't know others too well.

He was maybe hoping others would be in the same predicament and that someone else would ask for a toilet stop.

It's difficult to gauge what reactions would be given that accidents like this are all too rare.

I have 2 weeks off work next month so I may write a story based on this. I'm happy to take everyone's suggestions as to what detail I should include as it's a while since I've done any writing.
Brian
Site Staff

Post by Brian »

Jamester81 wrote: 24 Sep 2023, 00:58 [...] as the news (and his bladder contents) spread around the bus? [...]
:lol:
You've already started writing it!
It will be great to read about this wonderful true incident if you do indeed make a story.
Wombat48
Site Staff

Post by Wombat48 »

Brian wrote: 22 Sep 2023, 17:06
Wombat48 wrote: 22 Sep 2023, 16:23 Great account! I love spending time I Scotland. I was at The Killers gig a few weeks ago at the Royal Edinburgh showground..saw lots of desperation including my own at the end of the night Lol 😀
How funny, I too was in several places in Scotland, including Edinburgh, a couple of weeks ago. In Edinburgh I just went to the national museum, the national gallery, and "The Street" gay bar and didn't see any desperation at all. But clearly I should have visited the Royal Edinburgh showground. If you feel like telling us more about the desperation you saw, your own, and how it all happened, I for one would love to know about it. 8-)
Ok so the Killers gig at the end of August. Basically several thousand people in a massive field with a stage at one end..we arrived early about 5pm, band due on at 830pm..this was to secure our place close to the front and to have a few beers..lots of other people had the same idea!
Toilet facilities consisted of:
Portaloos
A temporary urinal area which was screened for privacy with banks of urinals facing each other and a permanent toilet block, next to the main bar area, with a shared urinal which at a squeeze could fit maybe 6 people and maybe 6 cubicles...
I made a few trips to pee before the support band came on...and as the evening wore on the toilet block queues got longer each time.. to the point where it was out of the door! Lots of very desperate looking guys..often with their jeans/belts already done presumably to reduce the pressure lol.
Also on one occasion I saw a guy literally sprint towards the outdoor urinal area!
In terms of my own desperation..my bladder was getting increasingly full throughout the 1.5 hour set.. however there was no getting out of the crowd by this point and also no way I was missing it lol. I was unbelievably desperate for the last 30 minutes..not helped by leaping around 😂
Now I love being desperate normally but this was just annoying..I think if I hadn't been with my boy friend I would have probably wet myself at least a bit just to reduce the pressure!
When the gig finished we rushed to the toilets..only to find the toilet block now closed..this meant having to use the temp urinals, which were by this point completely in darkness..there was something slightly surreal about taking a very relieving 2 minute pee..surrounded by other people doing the same thing, in the open air in complete darkness!
We then had a long walk to the tram stop..a long queue to get onto the platform and then a very crowded 30 minute journey into the city centre..was hoping for a few more sightings, but alas nothing more lol
Fred
Site Staff

Post by Fred »

With thousands of people drinking lots of beer, that was a great setup for sightings!
Wombat48
Site Staff

Post by Wombat48 »

Fred wrote: 25 Sep 2023, 12:52 With thousands of people drinking lots of beer, that was a great setup for sightings!
Yes!!
Brian
Site Staff

Post by Brian »

How incredibly sensible of the organisers to close the toilets (and plunge the temp ones into darkness) as soon as the gig finished. Because naturally they wouldn't be needed then, would they?
Love your account!
Wombat48
Site Staff

Post by Wombat48 »

Brian wrote: 25 Sep 2023, 22:06 How incredibly sensible of the organisers to close the toilets (and plunge the temp ones into darkness) as soon as the gig finished. Because naturally they wouldn't be needed then, would they?
Love your account!
Haha I know
Fred
Site Staff

Post by Fred »

Brian wrote: 25 Sep 2023, 22:06 How incredibly sensible of the organisers to close the toilets (and plunge the temp ones into darkness) as soon as the gig finished. Because naturally they wouldn't be needed then, would they?
Love your account!
Beer stops working on your kidneys the instant you finish your last pint, right?