Brilliant brilliant comment... UK Policeman

An area to discuss sightings and other observations. No sexual references please, there is the Stronger Interests section for that.
Lee
Can't stay away...

Brilliant brilliant comment... UK Policeman

Post by Lee »

I heard the most exciting comment ever today, although I appreciate it might only appeal to me with my thing about police officers.

Without going into the detail, we had an incident at work, whereby some proceeds of a crime ended up in our office block. The police were there in some numbers and they left a solitary officer on site until SOCO could get there and finish their work. This young officer was stuck there for around four hours until the work finished.

He was very friendly, pleasant and chatty and had tea when everyone else did. Later on, he accepted another cup of tea, and towards what transpired to be the end of his overseeing stint, someone again offered him a drink.

He said thanks, but no thanks, and added, "I daren't I'm afraid. I don't know where I am going to be sent to after this, but if it's somewhere without access to a toilet, it could spell disaster."

They were his exact words.

He did use the toilet while he was there, but I guess the possibility of needing to go again must have been in his mind?

It did make me wonder whether he was just naturally cautious, or whether he'd had some previous experience that he was keen not to repeat?

And what did he mean by disaster? He didn't say it could be uncomfortable, but said it could spell disaster!!

Wouldn't you just love to know?
bodgyuk
Site Staff

Re: Brilliant brilliant comment... UK Policeman

Post by bodgyuk »

That sounds like at least a weeks worth of imagination material there.
Lee
Can't stay away...

Post by Lee »

bodgyuk wrote: 30 Nov 2023, 18:24 That sounds like at least a weeks worth of imagination material there.
😂 Go on, then. Give us some clues!
Fred
Site Staff

Post by Fred »

bodgyuk wrote: 30 Nov 2023, 18:24 That sounds like at least a weeks worth of imagination material there.
It sounds like he's had past experience of being sent out after drinking mugs of tea. I imagine this is a problem for all those who work for emergency services. When the call comes in you're expected to spring into action. No time for a wee.
Brian
Site Staff

Post by Brian »

"...it could spell disaster" is certainly an interesting choice of words. Getting very desperate is unpleasant but it isn't a disaster. So he must have meant wetting his uniform while posted to wherever it was!

And presumably he's basing his caution on a previous experience!!
Lee
Can't stay away...

Post by Lee »

Brian wrote: 02 Dec 2023, 00:21 "...it could spell disaster" is certainly an interesting choice of words. Getting very desperate is unpleasant but it isn't a disaster. So he must have meant wetting his uniform while posted to wherever it was!

And presumably he's basing his caution on a previous experience!!
Just imagine how many times, so many of us, in varying situations, would LOVE to have been able to probe deeper?