Tactical Wetting

An area to discuss sightings and other observations. No sexual references please, there is the Stronger Interests section for that.
Post Reply
JonInFl311
Active
Posts: 37
Joined: 09 Sep 2026, 14:34

Tactical Wetting

Post by JonInFl311 »

What I mean by a "Tactical wetting" is when you're utterly desperate to pee and have no where you can go any time soon and you realize that you won't be able to hold it all, so you release some pee in your pants in hopes it takes off enough pressure so you can hold the bulk of it. I can only think of twice I did this. Problem #1 with it is that once you let some go, it seems to weaken your holding ability so you end up fully wetting anyway (happened with me once). Problem #2, peeing enough to relieve the pressure still leaves you very visibly wet and you won't avoid the embarrassment of it if you're somewhere public. I posted about my then boyfriend doing a tactical pants wetting on our Alaskan trip and having to wear visibly wet pants the rest of the day in this thread (viewtopic.php?t=9151). Anyway have anyone any stories about doing this either themselves or someone they were with?
Fred
Site Staff
Posts: 2883
Joined: 20 Sep 2016, 12:37

Re: Tactical Wetting

Post by Fred »

JonInFl311 wrote: Yesterday, 19:01 What I mean by a "Tactical wetting" is when you're utterly desperate to pee and have no where you can go any time soon and you realize that you won't be able to hold it all, so you release some pee in your pants in hopes it takes off enough pressure so you can hold the bulk of it. I can only think of twice I did this. Problem #1 with it is that once you let some go, it seems to weaken your holding ability so you end up fully wetting anyway (happened with me once). Problem #2, peeing enough to relieve the pressure still leaves you very visibly wet and you won't avoid the embarrassment of it if you're somewhere public. I posted about my then boyfriend doing a tactical pants wetting on our Alaskan trip and having to wear visibly wet pants the rest of the day in this thread (viewtopic.php?t=9151). Anyway have anyone any stories about doing this either themselves or someone they were with?
I've read many stories where someone "lets out just a little" to ease the pressure, but for me that always made the urgency worse. Tactical wetting for me was a sure way to wet my pants. But we're all built a little differently!
Brian
Site Staff
Posts: 3261
Joined: 01 Sep 2016, 10:32
Location: The Netherlands
Gender:

Re: Tactical Wetting

Post by Brian »

I have seen a guy do it once. I'll keep the details to a minimum since we're not in Stronger Interests, but it was someone I was playing around with, the two of us drinking a lot of fluids and not letting each other pee, and after maybe half an hour of desperation I noticed he was a bit wet. "I let some of the pressure out" he explained. It worked for about five more minutes for him before he completely lost control.

In natural circumstances, I have on at least one occasion that I can remember debated with myself in my desperation whether I should let a bit go, do a small "tactical wetting" as you call it. I didn't because I had no idea whether I would be able to stop if I started.
JonInFl311
Active
Posts: 37
Joined: 09 Sep 2026, 14:34

Re: Tactical Wetting

Post by JonInFl311 »

Re: Tactical wetting for me was a sure way to wet my pants.

As I said, that happened to me once. I was in college and biking home after a beery afternoon at a bar during a football game. I had a full bladder when I left but didn't want to wait for the bathroom (single person bathroom and long line since everyone rushed to pee when the game ended). Halfway home I let some out. Enough to make a big wet stain on my crotch. But it just made me more desperate and when I got off the bike I was peeing my pants as I fumbled with the key to get the door open.
I mentioned my boyfriend wetting on our Alaskan trip. He was able to hold it until we found a place with a portapotty about twenty minutes later and his partial wetting, though he was still plenty desperate. I remember standing in the portapotty line (it was the only facility on that whole long stretch of road so lots of people were pretty desperate to go) with pee stains running down the inside of his thighs to his knees.
Fred
Site Staff
Posts: 2883
Joined: 20 Sep 2016, 12:37

Re: Tactical Wetting

Post by Fred »

Some bicycle seats press the area behind the scrotum that presses against the urethra. It's that pressure spot that some have used to prevent leakage, and once off the bike you can lose that holding assist. It's not surprising that once off the bike you couldn't hold it any longer.
SoakdBrute
Well Known Member
Posts: 119
Joined: 24 Feb 2023, 23:14
Gender:

Re: Tactical Wetting

Post by SoakdBrute »

Despite the intention of relieving some bladder pressure, it seems many people can vouch for tactical wetting being counterproductive. I imagine that, as the urine soaking your clothing cools down, the skin that’s in contact gets cold and clammy. I would speculate that this chill transfers to the pelvis and lower abdomen, causing you to shiver and further tense the bladder (spending time in cold conditions is a well-known trigger for urinary urgency.)
Post Reply