Bladder Capacity?

An area to discuss sightings and other observations. No sexual references please, there is the Stronger Interests section for that.
Fred
Site Staff

Re: Bladder Capacity?

Post by Fred »

Peeing two liters is exceptional, and I've seen only two or three genuine videos where a man measured an output of that magnitude in one continuous urination. I'm sure there are others who have peed that much but weren't in a situation where they could measure it on camera! Having that capacity is useful when out drinking with mates!
BottleBlaze
Involved

Post by BottleBlaze »

Gymlad wrote: 31 Jan 2024, 17:53 Anyway, with a fair amount of spillage due to not quite getting the aim right, I filled the thing! 2 litres?!

Wow! I would 2 liters is impressive! Incredibly incredibly impressive. I still struggle to hold for maybe 800mL but I don't "train" much.
Gymlad
Arrived

Post by Gymlad »

I thought I’d do the same again today when I woke up this morning, to see if it was a one off or not.

Again, general need to go, but no urgency or desperation, again filled the 2 litre bottle to the brim!

It appears that’s my normal capacity!
FloodGate
Active

Post by FloodGate »

Gymlad wrote: 01 Feb 2024, 09:08 I thought I’d do the same again today when I woke up this morning, to see if it was a one off or not.

Again, general need to go, but no urgency or desperation, again filled the 2 litre bottle to the brim!

It appears that’s my normal capacity!
Now I'm wondering what's the longest you've held it at max capacity.
Adrian6970
Entrenched!

Post by Adrian6970 »

I think this one is a little bit how long is a piece of string? Personally I will need to use the toilet somewhere between 300 and 400ml. My maximum output was around 700ml. However I know of people who've peed out between 1.5 and 2 litres.
Gymlad
Arrived

Post by Gymlad »

Well in the way of a quick update, I measured this morning and I was just over 2200ml….

Again this appears to be my normal area, I’m just surprised it’s so high compared to what I seem to hear back as comparisons.
WindowsXP
Active

Post by WindowsXP »

Fred wrote: 15 Nov 2018, 23:30 Most men piddle before they reach 500 mL, and many medical sites give 600 - 700 mL as "maximum" capacity, though I've seen a couple that have admitted that the maximum may be "up to one liter". But there are a lot of factors that come into play regarding capacity. Among them:
1. Genetic endowment. Bladders, like all other body parts, come in a range of sizes naturally.
2. Habits. A bladder that is frequently fully filled will gradually stretch some to accommodate and create a new norm for that person.
3. Pain tolerance. Some people experience real pain before they are actually full, and at the other extreme, some hardly notice the fullness until they suddenly become desperate to pee. Extreme discomfort forces some to urinate even when they probably could have held it longer.
3. Sphincter strength. I read of some people who can hold their pee until they risk damage to their urinary system, while others (the ones we like to read about) lose control a lot more easily.
4. Psychological factors. I automatically have to pee when I take a shower. We can get sudden urges to pee on arriving home or heading for the toilet. Others have been surprised at how much they peed after being too busy to think about it.

I'm sure members at this site can contribute more factors that affect bladder capacity.
This has to be one of my most favourite things that I have read in the community! I've always thought there was more depth to triggering an accident that simply 'oh you held to long' or this weird belief that accidents can't happen if you're older than a small child.

As this post rationalises, there are many different things that can cause an accident in healthy adults, and sometimes abruptly. It doesn't always have to be that the person has a medical condition or a weaker bladder than most, you could simply be going about your daily life and have some sort of trigger. You mentioned showering, for example.

For me, it's brushing my teeth. I almost always used to hold on, which would occasionally result in a spurt that would dribble right down my legs, but there've been a few times I've lost control completely. Same with latch-key incontinence. It used to be that I'd have to fight to get past the front door, but these days it's as soon as I've got past that hurdle when it'll hit me. It'll hit me so hard though, that I'll not be able to get from the front door to the bathroom at the top of the stairs, or to the downstairs W/C at the back of the house before nearly wetting myself. As long as I have my privacy, I have developed a relaxed approach to accidents when they occur in both those 'trigger' scenarios lately.

As for the pain tolerance factor, we've all been there! Plenty of times I've been standing there in work or sitting at home squirming and thinking "I've held longer than this in the past", but ultimately felt there's been no choice but to run to the toilet for a 'quick burst' to avoid an embarrassing public humiliation. Lead to more than one painful accident in the past too!
googlism2008
Can't stay away...

Post by googlism2008 »

WindowsXP wrote: 11 Feb 2024, 20:38I've always thought there was more depth to triggering an accident that simply 'oh you held to long' or this weird belief that accidents can't happen if you're older than a small child.
There's also the issue of expectations, and when things go against expectations, because people's behaviour and decisions are based on their expectations. Like, many people might not bother using the toilets beforehand if they expect that the trip would last only 20 minutes, or 30 minutes tops. But on this day, this trip turned out to be over an hour long due to a traffic accident.

Sometimes, it is the body that behaves contrary to expectations. Say you have have regular three-hour meetings that you have always easily lasted as long as you use the toilets before attending the meeting. But in this particular meeting, even though you had gone right before the meeting, and all other inputs and conditions appear to be no different from other days, barely two hours in you find yourself squirming in your seat cross legged and dying to empty your bladder once again. And you cannot figure out why it is happening to you on that particular meeting.
Wombat48
Site Staff

Post by Wombat48 »

Most I have ever measured was 1.5 litres which I know is double the average..anyone that can hold over 2 litres is unusual..sadly I have never seen evidence tho..most I think I have seen in a measuring vid is 1.8?
Def123
Entrenched!

Post by Def123 »

I’m going to have to measure mine!

I suspect it’s down in the average range though, 5-600 mL. I’ve filled a few cups in the car so I know it’s up there, sit it’s not near a litre.

Anecdotally, I know people’s capacities are higher than mine. I’ve pissed next to a friend at a urinal when we’ve both been similarly desperate (when walking between two pubs) and he pissed for a lot longer than me, about double the length of time.