Briefer Sightings

An area to discuss sightings and other observations. No sexual references please, there is the Stronger Interests section for that.
Fred
Site Staff

Re: Briefer Sightings

Post by Fred »

Alternative response: "Yes, but you need to get permission from our director, and he's away for the moment. You can ask again in half an hour. Meanwhile, have a seat. Can I get you some coffee?"
Jamester81
Active

Post by Jamester81 »

I'm a bus driver and a highlight of the job is witnessing desperation, some sightings more subtle than others.

On Sunday evening, 3 lads late teens/early 20s boarded my bus. They chose to sit at the front downstairs which is unusual but nonetheless lucky for me. Sadly their journey was only about 15 minutes. After they had sat down, one of the lads who was wearing grey joggers declared to the other two "I'm bursting for a p!sh, I'm gonna p!sh myself". The other two seemed rather indifferent to this and gave little or no reaction.

I had a few minutes to sit at the bus station before departure and the lad couldn't keep his legs still, jigging up and down. I noticed whenever I brought the bus to a stop, this motion with his legs would start again and intensify.

The cherry on the cake was when he stood up to get off the bus he grabbed his crotch and gave at least 3 quick fire squeezes. One lad had got off at an earlier stop and he had his back to his other friend at the time he grabbed himself, presumably he didn't want his friend to see him doing this!

He didn't sprint to the nearest bush when he got off the bus and I guess he could've relieved himself somewhere before boarding so not absolutely critical desperation. But a great sighting nonetheless!

Sometimes I see guys jigging their legs or giving their crotch a squeeze and I wonder if it's because they need to pee, but given he announced his need and I knew for sure why he was doing this, makes this sighting particularly good.
bodgyuk
Site Staff

Post by bodgyuk »

I haven't had a decent sighting like that in years.
Brian
Site Staff

Post by Brian »

Nor have I, that is wonderful.

It sounds from your description @Jamester81 as if the desperation was actually close to critical but the lad only realised just how bad it was after he sat down in your bus. Announcing it like that might have been his way of thinking out loud if he was actually going to have to get back off your bus before you departed from the bus station, and maybe he hoped his friends might have some practical suggestion. Love the detail that he turned away from the remaining friend before squeezing but was evidently not conscious of the fact that he was in full view for you in your mirror! Lots of bus passengers seem to be oblivious to the person who has to drive them even when we're right there in front of them.
Jamester81
Active

Post by Jamester81 »

Indeed. I was keeping a close eye on him after hearing what he said. I was lucky that they chose to sit downstairs at the front. Perfect for viewing in the mirror and the glare from the interior lights on the windscreen.
Jamester81
Active

Post by Jamester81 »

I discovered a gem today that happened 4 years ago, courtesy of a workmate who shared a facebook memory.

I live in Scotland and apparently every year St Andrews and Edinburgh universities stage a rugby match where students from both compete in a game at Murrayfield stadium in Edinburgh. The bus company I work for provide buses to take the St Andrews students to Edinburgh for the game (presumably both players and spectators). Double deckers are used for maximum capacity and there are no onboard toilets.

I completely missed this four years ago so thank goodness for facebook memories! The post prompted one of my colleagues to comment "It was a great day apart from the boy who p!ssed himself on my bus". Further comments reveal the lad asked the driver to let him off the bus at Drumbrae (which is not far from the stadium and would've been near the end of the journey). However as the bus was in the outside lane, the driver temporarily declined but stopped shortly afterwards. But the short wait was too much and the lad had already wet himself! There is also a pic of the driver with a mop and bucket cleaning up the resultant wet floor!

I'm not sure if alcohol was involved but I guess that is a strong possibility. How I would have loved to have been on the bus to witness a scenario like this!

I have no other details sadly, but I imagine the lad had been holding a long time and was trying to wait until the final destination, possibly too embarrassed to ask as the bus would've been likely packed. He likely waited until breaking point before asking resulting in an accident to the extent where the flow down his legs caused a puddle on the floor! A very rare but exciting scenario indeed!
Brian
Site Staff

Post by Brian »

Wow yes, incredibly exciting scenario, awful for the guy in question. You can imagine him in that crowded bus worrying about it throughout the journey as his bladder got more and more full but thinking he should just wait, then the panic as he realised that actually he wasn't going to be able to hold it even though they were nearly there. And then to get the answer "no" when he finally hobbled to the driver, knowing that he was about to burst!
Lee
Can't stay away...

Post by Lee »

What an absolutely amazing incident. I wonder if he was a supporter or a rugby player himself (even if not playing that day)?

If he was a student, how on earth did he face going back to uni after wetting himself in front of everyone?
Brian
Site Staff

Post by Brian »

Yes, I wonder all of that too. Later facing everyone else who had witnessed it must have been incredibly hard. Some lads might shrug it off and laugh about it, but given that this poor guy couldn't even bring himself to walk up to the driver until his bladder had reached the critical stage and he had no choice, there's no doubt that it must have been incredibly humiliating for him. I hope the people he was with treated him with care and compassion afterwards and maybe helped him get a change of clothes or something so he didn't have to spend the day at the rugby match all wet.
Wombat48
Site Staff

Post by Wombat48 »

Great account! I love spending time I Scotland. I was at The Killers gig a few weeks ago at the Royal Edinburgh showground..saw lots of desperation including my own at the end of the night Lol 😀