Briefer Sightings

An area to discuss sightings and other observations. No sexual references please, there is the Stronger Interests section for that.
Brian
Site Staff
Re: Briefer Sightings

Post by Brian »

theaverageman92 wrote: 18 Jun 2018, 15:54 Just got back from a trip to Amsterdam and was at the Zaanse Schaans windmills, noticed that a vendor looked quite desperate and had urgently left his stall in the care of the another gentleman. He was walking very quickly to the gents-to be foiled by the turnstile which required a 50 cent deposit. I guess he wasn't willing to 'spend a penny to spend a penny' and rushed off somewhere else. It was too bad I didn't follow him after that to know how he got relief :twisted:
This is an interesting one! Maybe it's possible that the guy didn't actually have any 50 cent coin on him and that's why he didn't go in there. A lot of people don't actually carry cash on them these days, certainly here in NL where you can pay for almost everything with a bank card. Well, everything except peeing, that is!
Fred
Site Staff

Post by Fred »

While I understand the reason for pay toilets, as Brian points out, many people don't carry cash anymore. A reasonable charge for toilet access would not be worth the cost of processing a credit-card expenditure, not to mention the electronics involved. There has to be a better way of dealing with it.
Fred
Site Staff

Post by Fred »

Yesterday afternoon in Massachusetts, a burning overhead power line stopped traffic on a major Interstate for about four hours. I wonder how many of those drivers were regretting that cup of coffee or not bothering to pee before their drive. "I'll hold it until I get home" is not always a wise choice.
Brian
Site Staff

Post by Brian »

Fred wrote: 20 Jun 2018, 10:56 Yesterday afternoon in Massachusetts, a burning overhead power line stopped traffic on a major Interstate for about four hours. I wonder how many of those drivers were regretting that cup of coffee or not bothering to pee before their drive. "I'll hold it until I get home" is not always a wise choice.
Definitely! Having on several occasions been stuck for a very long time in stationary motorway/interstate traffic after a serious incident, one thing I've noticed is that at a certain point you see one guy get out of a car and hobble over in between the cars to the side where he relieves himself (technically illegally!), and after that dozens of other guys in the vicinity follow his example. They've all been waiting and getting more and more desperate until someone can't wait any longer and gets out to do it, whereupon everyone else has been given "permission" to do the same.
Aquarius
Involved

Post by Aquarius »

I saw something of interest a few days ago. I was driving through the center of a small city close to where I live. At one moment, I drove past a bus stop. There was a man standing there who was hopping from foot to foot a bit. He immediately caught my attention of course! He was with his back towards me, watching in the direction from which the bus was going to come.
I also had to watch traffic, but luckily, I was moving really slowly so I could observe him for about a minute or so before I was so far past the bus stop that I couldn't see it anymore. In that minute, he didn't only keep on moving his feet, but at a certain moment he also kind of bent over. I could still only see his back, but it looked like he had his hands on his crotch at that moment.
This was just as I was driving right past him. Then I had to observe him from my rearview mirror and I can't know for certain, but I am 99% sure he had a wet spot on his crotch. He had probably leaked when he bent over, as I was driving by him. So we can assume he hasn't made it home without completely wetting himself. He might not even have been able to hold it until the bus came. Too bad I was with my car, and not at that bus stop with him :o)
Fred
Site Staff

Post by Fred »

Aquarius wrote: 28 Jun 2018, 11:30 I saw something of interest a few days ago. I was driving through the center of a small city close to where I live. At one moment, I drove past a bus stop. There was a man standing there who was hopping from foot to foot a bit. He immediately caught my attention of course! He was with his back towards me, watching in the direction from which the bus was going to come.
I also had to watch traffic, but luckily, I was moving really slowly so I could observe him for about a minute or so before I was so far past the bus stop that I couldn't see it anymore. In that minute, he didn't only keep on moving his feet, but at a certain moment he also kind of bent over. I could still only see his back, but it looked like he had his hands on his crotch at that moment.
This was just as I was driving right past him. Then I had to observe him from my rearview mirror and I can't know for certain, but I am 99% sure he had a wet spot on his crotch. He had probably leaked when he bent over, as I was driving by him. So we can assume he hasn't made it home without completely wetting himself. He might not even have been able to hold it until the bus came. Too bad I was with my car, and not at that bus stop with him :o)
Ah, the joys of public transportation! Deeply regretting that last pint or cup of coffee, you can't go looking for a toilet because you might miss your bus, and there won't be another for a couple of hours. You just gotta hold it 'til you get home.
Brian
Site Staff

Post by Brian »

Fred wrote: 28 Jun 2018, 11:46
Aquarius wrote: 28 Jun 2018, 11:30 I saw something of interest a few days ago. I was driving through the center of a small city close to where I live. At one moment, I drove past a bus stop. There was a man standing there who was hopping from foot to foot a bit. He immediately caught my attention of course! He was with his back towards me, watching in the direction from which the bus was going to come.
Ah, the joys of public transportation! Deeply regretting that last pint or cup of coffee, you can't go looking for a toilet because you might miss your bus, and there won't be another for a couple of hours. You just gotta hold it 'til you get home.
Indeed, he would have had to hold it till he got to wherever he was going. But it doesn't sound as if he could, does it? Already a wet crotch and intending to get on a bus in that state? What was he thinking??
evergreen
Well Known Member

Post by evergreen »

Hoping against hope he can get a seat near the back and possibly dribble and leak anxiously all the way to the end of the ride. He can cross and uncross his legs and hold his crotch. His trousers will be changing colour from light to dark and he knows that as he walks down the centre to get off at his stop everyone will see his soaked bottom - hopefully no one will know him. Most important though he might have got away without making a puddle under his seat that travels backwards and forwards as the bus speeds up and slows down. Once off the bus he can just let go and hope to hell he doesn't meet the next door neighbour.
theavman92
Active

Post by theavman92 »

So I drive along a motorway on my commute home daily and for the past week there has been cable laying works along a pretty good stretch of it (about 2 kilometres). Obviously the crew is comprised of young men and I noticed that there are no Portaloos set up at all along the motorway. There are no toilet facilities nearby (unless they drove to the petrol station, which would mean having to exit the motorway in their vehicle and then making a big turn back to get back to their work site). My curiosity had always been piqued as to how did they answer nature's call when they are working on site for most of the day...my question got answered when I was driving by and saw a young man zipping up his overalls while standing in the shrubbery, in a very obvious 'urinating stance'.

What would I do to sit in those bushes the whole day ;)
Fred
Site Staff

Post by Fred »

theaverageman92 wrote: 16 Aug 2018, 16:53 So I drive along a motorway on my commute home daily and for the past week there has been cable laying works along a pretty good stretch of it (about 2 kilometres). Obviously the crew is comprised of young men and I noticed that there are no Portaloos set up at all along the motorway. There are no toilet facilities nearby (unless they drove to the petrol station, which would mean having to exit the motorway in their vehicle and then making a big turn back to get back to their work site). My curiosity had always been piqued as to how did they answer nature's call when they are working on site for most of the day...my question got answered when I was driving by and saw a young man zipping up his overalls while standing in the shrubbery, in a very obvious 'urinating stance'.

What would I do to sit in those bushes the whole day ;)
I'll keep you company watching. ;-) I've seen road construction areas with the required portapotties at the far end, a long hike for a wee. I suspect it's not uncommon for them to fail to move the portapots often enough as the project works its way down the road. There are probably some full bladders at lunch/quitting time.