Briefer Sightings

An area to discuss sightings and other observations. No sexual references please, there is the Stronger Interests section for that.
Fred
Site Staff

Re: Briefer Sightings

Post by Fred »

bladder wrote: 08 Nov 2021, 20:07 (My first post here, so please bear with me)
I was going for a walk in a local meadow, last August. I turned a bend, and to my surprise (and delight), I came across a young lad, perhaps in his mid 20s, letting loose against an oak tree. Judging by the strength of the stream he'd clearly significantly overestimated his capacity. It was mid-morning and there were fewer people around than usual, so I imagine he thought he could get away with sneakily relieving himself unnoticed. I didn't have the courage to stop and take in the view unfortunately, but it was definitely an unexpected and welcome surprise. I'm curious though as to how exactly he'd managed to get himself into that situation.
Midmorning would suggest that he'd had ample breakfast coffee, perhaps topped off with another while out on some errand or visit, and he might have been on his way home to relieve himself. The caffeine in coffee is diuretic, and sometimes it can fill the bladder with alarming speed, and this fellow was still young enough to think he could hold it. Until he realized that he couldn't! Good sighting!
Wombat48
Site Staff

Post by Wombat48 »

Great sighting! Love situations like that!
Brian
Site Staff

Post by Brian »

Fred wrote: 17 Dec 2021, 14:22
cdawg wrote: 16 Dec 2021, 02:41 Stopping your car in a active motorway lane is not a good idea, but is that a wet spot I spy?

https://old.reddit.com/r/IdiotsInCars/c ... y_bladder/

When someone important is speaking and either doesn't realize or doesn't care that you need to go.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ecareyo/stat ... 3424550915
Re the first one: That fellow picked a pretty dangerous place to stop, but it's obvious that he had already leaked a spurt in his pants and was more concerned about that than safety.

Re the second one: How many of you have been on your way to the toilet for an urgent pee and have been delayed by someone who had a lengthy question or comment to deliver? I can recall such incidents when I was working in an office.
(My bold letters)

The above postings by cdawg and Fred are from the Master Video List. I'll answer Fred's question in bold above here to avoid derailing that thread too much.

While I can't quite remember it happening to me, I am reminded of a colleague when I used to work in an office in The Hague a long time ago.

This colleague, H, a project leader who liaised with technical staff and customers, was a guy in his late twenties, blonde hair, very nice looking. He was well-known in the office for the way he dressed, very smartly, in contrast to the normal office wear in this country which is much more casual than in most countries. I once even remember him in a smoking with bow tie at work, the only person I've ever seen come to work as formally dressed as that in either The Netherlands or the UK, the two countries I've lived in.

On this occasion H wasn't quite as smartly dressed as that, but he still had on a very smart white shirt and fashionable smart black trousers.

Anyway, either my office mate or I, which of us it was I cannot remember, had waylaid H in the corridor. There he was squatting down in between us, answering the questions one of us was putting to him, his attention forced onto the paper documents on our shared desk which one of us was making him read. I honestly can't remember which of us was delaying H with questions, but I do remember noticing that he was sort of scissoring his legs together while squatting (not easy to do!), his hands supporting himself on the desk. He kept moving about like that while he was detained there. And then, as if realising that he was making a spectacle of himself, he said something like "I'm sorry, I was on the way to the toilet". I remember he kept wanting to leave, but we weren't finished with him. And when he'd finally answered the questions to our satisfaction, his departure from our office was really abrupt.

While writing that I have realised there was another interesting incident along similar lines while I worked at the same job. But this time it was at another place. I had travelled with a project leader to a customer's offices elsewhere. We were greeted by one of their technical guys, a really friendly guy in his twenties, who we interrupted while he was doing something else. Don't remember his name, we'll call him X. X was actually dressed very smartly as well, shirt and tie, smart trousers. X stopped what he'd been doing and took us to a separate room where I had to outline to him what we could offer. I spent about twenty minutes, I suppose, talking about the project and asking him questions about what they needed. X was attentive and responsive for a while, but then suddenly there was a silence because he hadn't answered my latest question. I looked at him, and he was looking really unhappy about something. Then he seemed to swallow his embarrassment, and came out with a strangely child-like spiel about having to go for a wee, an apologetic grin on his face, before leaving project leader and me alone for a couple of minutes. He then returned and started responding appropriately to my presentation again.
Fred
Site Staff

Post by Fred »

Brian wrote: 17 Dec 2021, 16:24
While writing that I have realised there was another interesting incident along similar lines while I worked at the same job. But this time it was at another place. I had travelled with a project leader to a customer's offices elsewhere. We were greeted by one of their technical guys, a really friendly guy in his twenties, who we interrupted while he was doing something else. Don't remember his name, we'll call him X. X was actually dressed very smartly as well, shirt and tie, smart trousers. X stopped what he'd been doing and took us to a separate room where I had to outline to him what we could offer. I spent about twenty minutes, I suppose, talking about the project and asking him questions about what they needed. X was attentive and responsive for a while, but then suddenly there was a silence because he hadn't answered my latest question. I looked at him, and he was looking really unhappy about something. Then he seemed to swallow his embarrassment, and came out with a strangely child-like spiel about having to go for a wee, an apologetic grin on his face, before leaving project leader and me alone for a couple of minutes. He then returned and started responding appropriately to my presentation again.
I have a thing for tech guys, so this one got my attention! The urgency apparently had reached the point where he couldn't concentrate and respond, and the "child-like spiel about having to go for a wee" tells me that any further delay would result in a wetting. :shock: I'd fantasize about him needing to go long before you arrived :oops:
Brian
Site Staff

Post by Brian »

Fred wrote: 17 Dec 2021, 17:24 I have a thing for tech guys, so this one got my attention! The urgency apparently had reached the point where he couldn't concentrate and respond, and the "child-like spiel about having to go for a wee" tells me that any further delay would result in a wetting. :shock: I'd fantasize about him needing to go long before you arrived :oops:
Yes, I think you must be right Fred. Although I never noticed any desperation signs from him until the moment he suddenly stopped responding and his peculiar explanation of his problem. He was really friendly earlier and seemed perfectly okay. He must have been aware of a full bladder, but perhaps didn't realise it was a serious problem until it suddenly occurred to him that he was about to wet his pants.
Bigdog
Can't stay away...

Post by Bigdog »

I have seen many occasions where I have clearly seen people look desperate. Very common at football matches, concerts, outdoor events etc
Def123
Entrenched!

Post by Def123 »

I was walking the dog yesterday morning, about 10 minutes before the local Park Run kicked off.

Saw a group of 3 younger guys (20’s) doing a bit of a warm up lap, as they were passing through a quiet area with trees up ahead they all slowed down and ‘dispersed’ to different trees to take a piss. 2 of them just pissed for 15-20 seconds, but the third went on for nearly a minute, his friends had to wait for him.

When I passed by where they’d stopped you could still see a huge wet patch up the side of a tree where the third guy had stood, must have been dying for a piss! I bet he was glad to get it out before the run started.

Must remember to pass by that area again in future
Brian
Site Staff

Post by Brian »

@Def123 Maybe that "warm-up lap" (I always found "warming up" a pointless waste of energy though some runners do swear by it) was a suggestion of the third guy with an urgent ulterior motive in mind?
googlism2008
Can't stay away...

Post by googlism2008 »

Not sure whether the starting point of your Park Run has toilets. That guy might have hydrated himself too well, arrived at the location only to find that there are no such facilities?

Reminds me of what happens before races. Could be a few thousands to tens of thousands of participants. Pre race, there's always those snaking long queues to the toilets because everyone hydrates before a run. As Brian could attest, hydration for a training run has far simpler logistics compared to hydration for a race. During the years when I took part in many 10k and 21k races, it took me quite a while to figure how I should hydrate myself before a race.

BTW, I also don't do warm-up laps, as I found them a waste of my energy.
cutsleeve
Can't stay away...

Post by cutsleeve »

wonder how many ran the race with their bladders full with a quart or more in their bladder??