First day drama

Stories, writings, literature, partial stories, multiple chapters etc. Discussions within the stories threads also permitted and encouraged. Please get involved, we always like new and old material, and different writing styles. Please do not post any sexual references here, there is another section for those stories (SI).
Bowbow
Well Known Member

First day drama

Post by Bowbow »

Day 1 of my latest member to join my team was a strange one. I don't remember thinking of him as the shy type when I interviewed him. He was confident, well spoken, neatly dressed and incredibly capable for the job.

One never thinks that there should be a question on the application form about being scared to ask to use the loo. Or on which just said.
"You're dying to pee and it's your first day at work. Can you ask to go to the toilet?"

I must admit it's probably an omission from our day 1 intro. The location of the toilets. I guess we sorta figured people ask. It's obvious people need to have a wee at work, isn't it?

But the weirdest is, we have no toilet rules. No one has to cover you.

Anyway back to his first day. He'd done induction and had coffee and cakes when he was brought directly to me. Thinking back he looked concerned when he came in the room. But you know, I never gave his bladder a thought.

So we had about 2 hours before lunch scheduled. I took him to get coffee and showed him the department. Again come to think of it he did fidget if we stood and talked. Hindsight. A great tool.

So back in my office we sat at my round table and I sat next to him.

I did notice he touched himself but still it didn't occur he needed to visit the little boys room.

Then he started to fidget and I saw an unmistakable squeeze and an intake of breath.

He had to pee. Of course my insides went to jelly. But I had to remain professional despite my heart racing and my dry mouth.

He squirmed again.

"Andy," I asked gently" do you need to use the loo?"

Whoosh red. Stutter. " err, no" I looked him in the eye "

"You're potty dancing in the chair"

The heat from his face.

"Go to the toilet and then we can continue"

He got up, face red, hands in pockets holding it in. "Where?"

I looked at him his urgency plain to see as he stepped.

I pointed him to where. "Come straight back"
Brian
Site Staff
Re: First day drama

Post by Brian »

Mmmm, interesting situation. It leaves me longing to know what Andy would eventually have done if you hadn't intervened.
Bowbow
Well Known Member

Post by Bowbow »

I felt I wanted to intervene.

But I'd love to explore.

I also am not sure I'd ask. I think I'd just get embarrassed and hope he asked and then I'd joke. Or I'd fake a need myself and I'd say we'd take a break.
Brian
Site Staff

Post by Brian »

From memory of a couple of separate incidents when I was an ICT-er and had a guy sitting next to me working closely together on a critical computer administration task when it was pretty obvious that he had to pee pretty badly but wasn't saying anything, I did the same as you think you would do, namely I didn't say anything about it. In one case, the guy excused himself and went to the toilet, interrupting what we were doing. In the other, I finally took pity on the guy and ended the session when I could have carried on.

Indeed, it's too embarrassing to say anything about it.
Bowbow
Well Known Member

Post by Bowbow »

Andy returned to my office looking red and flustered. I could see a small dot on his trousers, beige chinos which was right where his dick was laying when he squeezed himself.

I'd taken the opportunity to make more coffee. As professional as I was the thrill of having this young guy desperate in my office was just too good a chance to pass up.

"Here you go? You found the gents? I apologise no one had shown you" and under my breath I muttered to myself. ....not that you'd 've excused yourself.

Andy nodded. "Sorry about that"

I acknowledged his apology with a smile.

"So, where did we get to?" I was pretty sure he'd not listened to much once he started squirming and I was right.

I wanted to reprimand him but I decided we'd see what happened later on.

The time passed quickly and as it was Andy first day I'd organised lunch.
Bowbow
Well Known Member

Post by Bowbow »

Brian wrote:From memory of a couple of separate incidents when I was an ICT-er and had a guy sitting next to me working closely together on a critical computer administration task when it was pretty obvious that he had to pee pretty badly but wasn't saying anything, I did the same as you think you would do, namely I didn't say anything about it. In one case, the guy excused himself and went to the toilet, interrupting what we were doing. In the other, I finally took pity on the guy and ended the session when I could have carried on.

Indeed, it's too embarrassing to say anything about it.
It is embarrassing but also it really does depend. If I'm with someone and there's no loos I'm more likely to ask if they need to go. If I notice someone needs to go when I'm training I tend to stop and get people to take a break. Funnily enough I learnt that the hard way when I was training one day and a trainee got up and told me to stop as he had to use the men's room.

I have told one guy to wait. I was interviewing him on his job and he actually asked how much longer because he needed to use the loo. I asked if he could wait as I only had a few more questions.
Brian
Site Staff

Post by Brian »

Great incidents, Bowbow. Very interesting.

And after reading your second installment of your story I can't wait to see what happens to Andy. :P
Fred
Site Staff

Post by Fred »

Dealing with a new employee whom you perceive as needing the toilet can be tricky. Maybe he doesn't need to go but just is nervous or has jock itch. Asking if he needs to pee, no matter how tactfully it is worded, can be an embarrassingly personal question, and it may be more awkward if the employee is of the opposite gender. Having Mommy ask if he has to go potty is the last thing that any red-blooded man wants.

Although my fetish would revel in the opportunity to observe a man desperate to pee, if it's a person over whom I have authority, I would feel obligated to allow him a face-saving break. That being said, I must admit to a few times in the past when I haven't entirely followed that rule. :oops: :o
Bowbow
Well Known Member

Post by Bowbow »

Fred wrote:Dealing with a new employee whom you perceive as needing the toilet can be tricky. Maybe he doesn't need to go but just is nervous or has jock itch. Asking if he needs to pee, no matter how tactfully it is worded, can be an embarrassingly personal question, and it may be more awkward if the employee is of the opposite gender. Having Mommy ask if he has to go potty is the last thing that any red-blooded man wants.

Although my fetish would revel in the opportunity to observe a man desperate to pee, if it's a person over whom I have authority, I would feel obligated to allow him a face-saving break. That being said, I must admit to a few times in the past when I haven't entirely followed that rule. :oops: :o
It's funny as I'm an older female I suppose I do molly coddle the youngsters and while it really would truly depend on the circumstances I would intervention in some way or another. I agree I'm likely to make a more flippant or less direct comment fist. Like, is that chair not comfy to sit in (to a fidgeter) or let me know when that coffee needs a walk or something. I would also excuse myself or suggest a break. Or you look like you need a wee fidgeting like that.

And despite my meanness on here I would hate someone to have an accident because they were too shy to ask me and I hadn't noticed.

Also I believe it changes with how comfortable you are with the person. New person I might have even said.....has anyone shown you around and how to find the loos. I probably would not say do you need the loo accusingly bug I might say.....do you need the loo, I do has anyone shown you?
Fred
Site Staff

Post by Fred »

My experience with new employees has been largely with outdoor workers, most of whom are accustomed to peeing outdoors in any private spot, so I most often haven't mentioned it unless asked. With a few, mostly college students, if I've left them for a while I've told them to help themselves to the water/soda in the cooler and to feel free to "water a tree". However, on some occasions I haven't made that offer :twisted: , and I've had a few bursting lads ask me where they can go. I vividly recall one young man interrupt his lunch with me by announcing, "I have to go to the bathroom!" I sent him off to dash behind the barn, and he returned looking MUCH relieved. When lunching indoors, I've heard a few VERY long pees in the toilet.