In the News

An area to discuss sightings and other observations. No sexual references please, there is the Stronger Interests section for that.
cutsleeve
Can't stay away...
Re: In the News

Post by cutsleeve »

I wonder if it will lead to more soccer players playing the soccer games with full bladders???
Fred
Site Staff

Post by Fred »

cutsleeve wrote: 06 Nov 2021, 07:49 I wonder if it will lead to more soccer players playing the soccer games with full bladders???
If they don't have their Coronavirus pass, they'll have to dress at home before the game and hold their bladders until they get home again. A worthy challenge for those well-hydrated macho players!
googlism2008
Can't stay away...

Post by googlism2008 »

Kind of doesn't make sense for a coronavirus pass to be required to use the toilets. I'd agree that it is going to be tough to implement.

Assuming that this gets implemented, this means that the entrance to the toilets should be manned, so that somebody can verify the status of the individuals before allowing the person in. Picture the following:
1. A snaking queue not due to toilet capacity constraints, but induced by having only one person perform the coronavirus pass checks.
2. A very desperate man unable to enter the toilets due to the mobile app malfunctioning, and hence unable to show his coronavirus pass.
Brian
Site Staff

Post by Brian »

googlism2008 wrote: 06 Nov 2021, 21:05 [...]
2. A very desperate man unable to enter the toilets due to the mobile app malfunctioning, and hence unable to show his coronavirus pass.
This definitely happens. I've had all sorts of trouble trying to get my phone to show the QR-code in the past. Trying to do that while desperate for a piss is not a pleasant prospect!
Brian
Site Staff

Post by Brian »

https://www.theguardian.com/science/202 ... ts-diapers

Astronauts will be unable to use the toilet on the way back from the International Space Station. It's broken.

My favourite part of the article:
The astronauts will have to rely on what Nasa describes as absorbent “undergarments”.
cutsleeve
Can't stay away...

Post by cutsleeve »

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features ... source=msn

at least with the athletic college-aged soccer players, they will have no trouble holding it even if they drank a liter or two before the game. wonder if they will play better then?? they will feel their hips moving better with their bladders full as they will feel the movement in their bladder. I don't think it would be much of a line as it would just be the soccer player's toilet.
Fred
Site Staff

Post by Fred »

cutsleeve wrote: 07 Nov 2021, 08:34 https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features ... source=msn

at least with the athletic college-aged soccer players, they will have no trouble holding it even if they drank a liter or two before the game. wonder if they will play better then?? they will feel their hips moving better with their bladders full as they will feel the movement in their bladder. I don't think it would be much of a line as it would just be the soccer player's toilet.
That's a very interesting article! :) "Clean public rest rooms" is almost an oxymoron because a segment of the general public will quickly abuse and vandalize the facilities, and any form of monitoring (human or electronic) is usually considered a violation of the right to privacy. Toilet facilities are costly to maintain and don't bring in revenue, and nowadays everything is about profit. Until human nature changes, I guess you just have to hold it.
googlism2008
Can't stay away...

Post by googlism2008 »

Brian wrote: 07 Nov 2021, 00:18 https://www.theguardian.com/science/202 ... ts-diapers

Astronauts will be unable to use the toilet on the way back from the International Space Station. It's broken.

My favourite part of the article:
The astronauts will have to rely on what Nasa describes as absorbent “undergarments”.
Alan Shepard, the first American to fly into space, had to pee in his spacesuit. Subsequently, astronauts wore diapers for activities such as liftoff, landing, and spacewalks. However, the duration of wearing diapers in the SpaceX capsule will be pretty long, at 20 hours.
googlism2008
Can't stay away...

Post by googlism2008 »

cutsleeve wrote: 07 Nov 2021, 08:34 at least with the athletic college-aged soccer players, they will have no trouble holding it even if they drank a liter or two before the game. wonder if they will play better then?? they will feel their hips moving better with their bladders full as they will feel the movement in their bladder. I don't think it would be much of a line as it would just be the soccer player's toilet.
OK, I forgot that you guys usually have exclusive use of soccer facilities.

The reason is because in the very densely populated city where I am, such facilities are typically multi-use, especially before COVID-19. Usually soccer training takes place in a stadium, and while soccer players have exclusive use of the pitch, the surrounding track and other training facilities may be used by other people. In a college, the tracks would be used by athletes doing their training. In particular, if a stadium is public as opposed to belonging in a college or some private club, the tracks will be well used by members of the public doing their evening jogs. On a non-match day, there could be up to 100 people in the stadium.

Considering this level of usage, and suppose 10 or 20 people want to use the toilets at the same time. The stadium toilets definitely can handle this load, but once you put a person to perform entrance checks, a queue would start to form. Technical failures during verification can only prolong the queue.
cutsleeve
Can't stay away...

Post by cutsleeve »

We could picture where the other soccer players hold it in solidarity with the ones that are not allowed to go. or group punishment by the coach so they all have to hold it before the game and are made to drink before the game starts too. could picture it becoming a competitive thing between soccer teams where the teams all drink liter after liter in front of the 50,000 or so people coming to watch the soccer games between colleges, and the more they drink the more the crowd cheers. soccer players could become to be selected as much for extremely large bladders as soccer skills. could picture the same for track teams having to drink a lot of coffee for that caffeine boost for jumping the hurdles and 100m 200m sprints, high jumps and long jumps and triple jump and pole vault. could picture bare mid-riff shirts or even the teams going shirtless to show their distended bladders in the track meets or soccer games. college track teams could do the same as the college soccer players, drinking a lot before they run their events as the audience watches and cheers them on to drink even more before they run their events, and they run shirtless in really short tight spandex shorts that double as a jock with the college logo and either person's number or name on the shorts. buff muscular college sprinters could be a big draw for audiences. sounds like would be a great group role play for us playing the scenes drinking and holding in front of the crowd with our bladders swelling up and showing big time bulged out and our rippled muscles showing. I ran my track meets really full from drinking high caffeine mt dew and coffee before the meet for that caffeine boost and I loved crouching in the starting block with my bladder really full with my muscular thighs pressing on the sides of my very swollen bladder. I would get super hard from the pressure and get faster times that way. you are in shorts so no big deal if you leak as they dry fast and most of your leg is bare. for me when I leaked it was a few drops at a time rather than losing it at my track meets and other holding situations.