In the News

An area to discuss sightings and other observations. No sexual references please, there is the Stronger Interests section for that.
bradelzs
Active

Re: In the News

Post by bradelzs »

Denis Shapovalov denied bathroom break at Australian Open
https://www.espn.com/tennis/story/_/id/ ... atform=amp
Brian
Site Staff

Post by Brian »

bradelzs wrote: 17 May 2021, 06:48 Denis Shapovalov denied bathroom break at Australian Open
https://www.espn.com/tennis/story/_/id/ ... atform=amp
Nice find!
I wonder what the penalty would have been if he'd just wet his shorts after being denied the break.
zsrh2002
Involved

Post by zsrh2002 »

Best quote in the article

"I've got the smallest bladder ever. I've literally got to take a piss every set, so it's difficult when you're on the court for so long."

One reason to watch tennis ;)
Def123
Entrenched!

Post by Def123 »

Well, if you have to go, then you have to go! (But turn the camera off first Eh!)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-57282167

Must have been fairly desperate!
Fred
Site Staff

Post by Fred »

Def123 wrote: 29 May 2021, 13:35 Well, if you have to go, then you have to go! (But turn the camera off first Eh!)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-57282167

Must have been fairly desperate!
From another news source, he urinated in a coffee cup during the call. This happened just weeks after "accidentally" being on camera nude. He explained that he had been out jogging and was changing clothes and didn't know that the camera was on.
Wombat48
Site Staff

Post by Wombat48 »

Mmmm attention seeking?? Lol
Def123
Entrenched!

Post by Def123 »

Well he’s certainly getting enough attention now!

The changing naked ‘in shot’ or the ‘pissing in a coffee cup’ you could put down to forgetting your camera was on, but twice??? I think I agree with Wombat48 :-) I bet he’s ‘not shy’ in real life either!
Fred
Site Staff

Post by Fred »

Def123 wrote: 01 Jun 2021, 12:06 Well he’s certainly getting enough attention now!

The changing naked ‘in shot’ or the ‘pissing in a coffee cup’ you could put down to forgetting your camera was on, but twice??? I think I agree with Wombat48 :-) I bet he’s ‘not shy’ in real life either!
I think many politicians have a touch of exhibitionism. :o
Brian
Site Staff

Post by Brian »

This is a short entry in the live blog about Covid-19 in an online newspaper to which I subscribe.
The background is that from tomorrow the Corona Pass, a piece of proof that you have been vaccinated against Covid-19 or have recently recovered from it or been tested negative, will be required in a lot more situations than it was before as a response to a surging infection rate here.
The link to the relevant live blog is https://www.volkskrant.nl/nieuws-achter ... ~bddb610a/ but it's a pay site and in Dutch, so here's my translation:
Amateur footballers over the new Corona measures: 'Are we all going to pee in the woods en masse?'
Football clubs are wondering if they are actually going to be able to implement the new rules surrounding the Corona Pass which are taking effect tomorrow. 'Without a Corona Pass you're not allowed in the changing room or the toilet. What sort of scenes is this going to lead to?' says Ben van Olffen, chairperson of the Union for Amateur Football Clubs, to press association ANP.

From tomorrow everyone will be required to prove that they are vaccinated, recently recovered or tested negative in more places than was the case before. Originally it was the intention that this would be required for all outdoor sports, but under pressure from Parliament an exception was made for amateur sport in the open air. But interim prime minister Rutte has emphasised that a Corona Pass will still be required for use of the changing room, toilet and canteen.

According to Van Olffen this is 'untenable, impossible to organise'. He understands the measure in the case of the canteens, but not for the other facilities. 'I am curious to see what sort of scenes we will see on the touchline with these measures. Are we all going to pee in the woods en masse?'
Fred
Site Staff

Post by Fred »

Brian wrote: 05 Nov 2021, 11:14 This is a short entry in the live blog about Covid-19 in an online newspaper to which I subscribe.
The background is that from tomorrow the Corona Pass, a piece of proof that you have been vaccinated against Covid-19 or have recently recovered from it or been tested negative, will be required in a lot more situations than it was before as a response to a surging infection rate here.
The link to the relevant live blog is https://www.volkskrant.nl/nieuws-achter ... ~bddb610a/ but it's a pay site and in Dutch, so here's my translation:
Amateur footballers over the new Corona measures: 'Are we all going to pee in the woods en masse?'
Football clubs are wondering if they are actually going to be able to implement the new rules surrounding the Corona Pass which are taking effect tomorrow. 'Without a Corona Pass you're not allowed in the changing room or the toilet. What sort of scenes is this going to lead to?' says Ben van Olffen, chairperson of the Union for Amateur Football Clubs, to press association ANP.

From tomorrow everyone will be required to prove that they are vaccinated, recently recovered or tested negative in more places than was the case before. Originally it was the intention that this would be required for all outdoor sports, but under pressure from Parliament an exception was made for amateur sport in the open air. But interim prime minister Rutte has emphasised that a Corona Pass will still be required for use of the changing room, toilet and canteen.

According to Van Olffen this is 'untenable, impossible to organise'. He understands the measure in the case of the canteens, but not for the other facilities. 'I am curious to see what sort of scenes we will see on the touchline with these measures. Are we all going to pee in the woods en masse?'
It will be interesting to see how this plays out. :o Covid restrictions have already limited toilet access in some situations. Restaurants with only outdoor seating, for example, have not always provided easy access to their rest rooms.