Movie/TV Scenes

An area to discuss sightings and other observations. No sexual references please, there is the Stronger Interests section for that.
FloodGate
Active

Re: Movie/TV Scenes

Post by FloodGate »

Fred wrote: 16 Jan 2023, 17:37
Brian wrote: 16 Jan 2023, 14:09
Yes!! Scene starts at about 5:45.
Thanks Lee. It's good to know I didn't imagine it.
Staged, but cute.
Oh. Yeah. I should have mentioned that it was for a sketch.
Brian
Site Staff

Post by Brian »

FloodGate wrote: 16 Jan 2023, 17:11 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1lIhym ... llerKurous

It's just the first three minutes, but it's pretty entertaining to me.
I'd never heard of Mike from Canmore or the Royal Canadian Air Farce comedy group before. Was this typical of what they did?

This sketch is indeed quite funny and definitely on topic here.
Shinji09
Active

Post by Shinji09 »

The Office Season 7 episode 21 Michael's Last Dundies Will Ferrells character is forced to get into a car with a full bladder and gets more antsy during the drive. 17.26 minute mark.
Fred
Site Staff

Post by Fred »

Shinji09 wrote: 09 Mar 2023, 00:51 The Office Season 7 episode 21 Michael's Last Dundies Will Ferrells character is forced to get into a car with a full bladder and gets more antsy during the drive. 17.26 minute mark.
Unfortunately, this episode seems to be available only at a pay site. :-(
Brian
Site Staff

Post by Brian »

Something to watch out for if we do get a chance to see that episode, anyway. Thanks for the pointer.
Shinji09
Active

Post by Shinji09 »

Here's a scene from Crobra Kai the desperation starts at 1:14 after a long day of Ubering. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=i2T6GEgdUhA
bearshel
Can't stay away...

Post by bearshel »

Watched Mrs Doubtfire tonight. In the scene where Robin Williams gets caught, where he is caught urinating as a man (i.e., standing up) by his son, what I hadn't noticed on previous viewings was that as he walks to the bathroom, Williams gives himself a a couple of quick squeezes through his skirt.
Brian
Site Staff

Post by Brian »

bearshel wrote: 11 Mar 2023, 13:52 Watched Mrs Doubtfire tonight. In the scene where Robin Williams gets caught, where he is caught urinating as a man (i.e., standing up) by his son, what I hadn't noticed on previous viewings was that as he walks to the bathroom, Williams gives himself a a couple of quick squeezes through his skirt.
This is one of the funniest films I've ever seen. Some of the scenes are just brilliant. My absolute favourite is when he's lost his mask and the social worker is about to come into the kitchen where he's supposed to me making her a cup of tea. He does some inspired theatrics with a big cream cake. :lol: But I'm off topic...

From memory Robin Williams as Mrs. Doubtfire also does some desperation grabbing in another scene when he's hurrying home with groceries.
Brian
Site Staff

Post by Brian »

There's a brief moment in the BBC's comedy series "W1A" (a spoof fly-on-the-wall documentary about management and office staff at the BBC itself) from a few years ago which sticks in my memory. I can't find any clip of it online, but the outline is that the character Will, a young intern (dishy looking) who is rather dim and slow but has occasional brilliant ideas, is trying to meet Sir David Attenborough. He has no chance of getting an audience with him, and the staff who receive him try to put him off by saying Sir David is very busy in meetings and unlikely to be free at any point, but Will insists on waiting. And waiting, and waiting... Finally it gets to the end of the day and Will engages the secretary again and says something like "I've been waiting to see Sir David for hours, and like, I haven't been to the toilet..."
Shinji09
Active

Post by Shinji09 »

For those interested in a long prolonged desperation scene there's one in this episode of Home and Away https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5bfa8e starting at 15:35 and cutting back throughout the show. The scene involves a man and his crush getting trapped in an elevator and getting increasingly desperate as the episode goes on. Though the desperation is resolved off screen a good chunk of time is devoted to it.