Chat about wet pants to a mate

An area to discuss sightings and other observations. No sexual references please, there is the Stronger Interests section for that.
Bigdog
Can't stay away...
Chat about wet pants to a mate

Post by Bigdog »

I was talking to my mate about wet pants and asked the question have you ever wet your pants before? I felt he was very defensive about it, saying that he never has and would go to the toilet instead. It made me wonder why he was so defensive about it? I certainly don’t believe he has never wet himself before
bodgyuk
Site Staff

Re: Chat about wet pants to a mate

Post by bodgyuk »

Bigdog wrote: 18 Dec 2021, 08:48 It made me wonder why he was so defensive about it? I certainly don’t believe he has never wet himself before
Perhaps it makes him feel other people would regard him as not an adult man or childish.

It is similar to those who get very defensive if you mention in a general fashion about penises, they'll pretend never in their life have they ever see anyone elses though magically know that people are different. Same as discussing if at any stage of their life they even just glanced at another male in their younger years.
evergreen
Well Known Member

Post by evergreen »

As someone who has wet his pants a fair few times over the years I am not very secretive about having accidents - after all if I wet myself in a cinema because I can't hold I could have shifted my bum and gone to a toilet Buses and trains are a different matter and to a degree football matches. I always hate the idea of being seen wet but it has certainly happened that I have been and no one has ever burst out laughing at my difficulty! The friends I have chatted to are those who I believe or know have wet their pants. After all it is not especially shameful so long as you don't cause suffering in others
ryan1990
Well Known Member

Post by ryan1990 »

As much as we love wet pants the reality is most adults have never wet themselves (as an adult) so I feel his response realistically is probably completely plausible.
googlism2008
Can't stay away...

Post by googlism2008 »

Not unexpected. Perhaps its a form of denial. In any case, your mate is not ready to talk about it.
Brian
Site Staff

Post by Brian »

My hunch is that the fact that your mate reacted defensively to the question means he probably has wet his pants before. No need for the defensiveness if he hasn't. But, as googlism2008 says, denying it is not unexpected. Accidentally wetting yourself, especially in front of other people, is utterly humiliating for most people, I think. We don't like talking about incidents which are humiliating. (Why wetting ourselves is so humiliating is in itself a fascinating question...)
Bigdog
Can't stay away...

Post by Bigdog »

I think everyone would have wet themselves at some point before, if you exclude being a baby of course
evergreen
Well Known Member

Post by evergreen »

I was caught out travelling home on a bus with probably my best mate. I ended up, giving up and wetting my Jockeys. He grinned and I simply smiled in return. We both talked our way through the rest of the journey. We agreed we had wet our pants several times. We were quite unbothered and I found I was enjoying the chat especially as it was quite clear to both of us that we were not ashamed of our mis-haps! I was confident he was as confident a wetter as I was. The next time we met up we talked wet pants again.
Brian
Site Staff

Post by Brian »

evergreen wrote: 30 Jan 2023, 12:22 I was caught out travelling home on a bus with probably my best mate. I ended up, giving up and wetting my Jockeys. He grinned and I simply smiled in return. We both talked our way through the rest of the journey. We agreed we had wet our pants several times. We were quite unbothered and I found I was enjoying the chat especially as it was quite clear to both of us that we were not ashamed of our mis-haps! I was confident he was as confident a wetter as I was. The next time we met up we talked wet pants again.
I really appreciate this story. Clearly you having that mishap on the bus was an incredible ice-breaker around the whole subject. One thing I'd love to know if you feel like telling us: had the two of you already been talking about it before you wet your jockeys? In other words, had you already said you were desperate and had there been some discussion about it then? Or did your friend perhaps even not know that you were desperate before you wet your pants?
Fred
Site Staff

Post by Fred »

Unless there is an ice-breaker to bring up the subject, most men would never admit to wetting themselves. Wetting is childish and emasculating, or so they feel. In truth, probably many men have at least leaked a bit and/or have been on the verge of wetting their pants.