Truck Drivers

An area to discuss sightings and other observations. No sexual references please, there is the Stronger Interests section for that.
Fred
Site Staff

Truck Drivers

Post by Fred »

I watched a video about long-distance truck drivers and truck stops. One fellow, who sleeps in his truck, went through his routine at one of the larger stops, showering, eating, etc., and showed all the comforts of his truck cab. "This is my kitchen," he said, "and this is my pantry, and this is my refrigerator, and this is my bedroom." He did NOT point to a jug and say, "This is my bathroom." But I'll bet a lot of them have such a jug, and when they are at a stop they'll empty it and wash it out. Seeing the vast parking lot, it was a long hike to the building and the toilets, too long if you wake up in the middle of the night and need to pee. I know truckers develop strong bladders, but it can be hard to sleep when you need to go.
Sam70
Can't stay away...

Re: Truck Drivers

Post by Sam70 »

It appears that Americans are much more tight lipped when it comes discussion about any toilet needs and/or places that might be available to take a quick pee. It appears that Europeans are much less bothered about hiding the need and/or also hiding where they did the deed or where they planned to do the need.
Fred
Site Staff

Post by Fred »

Truckers using a pee jug must be quite common, but people are so afraid of urine, thinking it's a plague carrier or something when in fact it's close to sterile. Feces may be loaded with bacteria, but fresh urine isn't.
cutsleeve
Can't stay away...

Post by cutsleeve »

most truck drivers don't make much so there is a high quit rate in the trucking industry. that's the reason for the trucker shortage. they are not being paid a living wage. many are gay or bi and the companies grind them into the dirt because the companies are used to treating gays like dirt and treating gays as subhuman. that is one of the reasons truckers are rising up in revolt in Canada shutting down their capital city with the freedom convoy and they are coming for this nations capitol next and they are going to stop transporting goods so there will be no more food in the stores. hope everyone is stocked up on non-perisable food at home. frozen food won't stay good without power. many of the biggest blackouts were started by a fireball rising up between power lines as fire is ionized air and conducts electricity.
Fred
Site Staff

Post by Fred »

cutsleeve wrote: 07 Feb 2022, 08:05 most truck drivers don't make much so there is a high quit rate in the trucking industry. that's the reason for the trucker shortage. they are not being paid a living wage. many are gay or bi and the companies grind them into the dirt because the companies are used to treating gays like dirt and treating gays as subhuman. that is one of the reasons truckers are rising up in revolt in Canada shutting down their capital city with the freedom convoy and they are coming for this nations capitol next and they are going to stop transporting goods so there will be no more food in the stores. hope everyone is stocked up on non-perisable food at home. frozen food won't stay good without power. many of the biggest blackouts were started by a fireball rising up between power lines as fire is ionized air and conducts electricity.
Long-distance truckers have a tough life. They're away from home for extended periods and they're alone a lot. For some, their principal human contact for days at a time is at truck stops, and to save money they sleep in their trucks. It's a physically and emotionally demanding job. I wouldn't be surprised if many are gay or bi because there are relatively few women long-distance drivers, and their social interaction is mainly with men.
Fred
Site Staff

Post by Fred »

I just watched another trucker video. A young guy, and he said parking at truck stops is often full, so he finds a wide shoulder next to a highway onramp to park and sleep. Illegal in many states, but the police rarely bother him. The video included him making his breakfast. I wondered if he peed someplace when he woke up, or was he holding it until he could make a stop at a rest area?
Def123
Entrenched!

Post by Def123 »

I’d imagine he peed first thing, before breakfast!

Years ago I ended up sleeping the night in a car with a friend who I was helping move into his University accommodation for the first time. We slept at a service station, but we’d parked up very near the lorries so it was quieter.

I remember being awake very early and watching a series of truck drivers get out of their cabs for a piss first thing, in fact we did the same thing.
cutsleeve
Can't stay away...

Post by cutsleeve »

Fred
Site Staff

Post by Fred »

Def123 wrote: 07 Feb 2022, 17:03 I’d imagine he peed first thing, before breakfast!

Years ago I ended up sleeping the night in a car with a friend who I was helping move into his University accommodation for the first time. We slept at a service station, but we’d parked up very near the lorries so it was quieter.

I remember being awake very early and watching a series of truck drivers get out of their cabs for a piss first thing, in fact we did the same thing.
The fellow was parked on the shoulder of a highway onramp, an exposed spot a good distance from any patch of woods, and in the tour of the truck cab I didn't see any pee jug. Places that allow truckers to park overnight usually discourage peeing in the lot. I would contend that big corporations like Amazon and WalMart could easily provide toilet and shower facilities for truckers without any strain on their profits. After all, if it weren't for the truckers they'd have no profits at all!
Sam70
Can't stay away...

Post by Sam70 »

Fred wrote: 08 Feb 2022, 10:55
Def123 wrote: 07 Feb 2022, 17:03 I’d imagine he peed first thing, before breakfast!

... ... that big corporations like Amazon and WalMart could easily provide toilet and shower facilities for truckers without any strain on their profits. ... ... if it weren't for the truckers they'd have no profits at all!
In the area where I live there are a few scattered convenient stores that have showers available. Most if not all of them are 24/7. They all have spacious parking lots for truckers.

I've never asked this, but I suspect there is a fee to park there as well as a fee to use the showers.

In large areas there are a few stores that are called truck stops. Some have a restaurant that caters to truckers, plus other trucker oriented merchandise.