Broadband salesmen - episode 2

An area to discuss sightings and other observations. No sexual references please, there is the Stronger Interests section for that.
Meeko
Active
Broadband salesmen - episode 2

Post by Meeko »

I had THE most incredible experience on Thursday. I’m writing it up in extreme detail, but I’m not sure people here are as interested in the small stuff as me. I
I’d obviously change any of theirs or mine identifying details to post it here.

Two young men selling broadband came to my door on Thursday. And it was *almost* my dream scenario. They talked about there not being a toilet being the hardest part of their job. One said he’s too uncomfortable to ask ti use the toilet, so never does. I didn’t ask further and curse myself now.

They left, and 40 minutes later came back with one clearly dying for a pee. The Ring doorbell caught it before I did where he can’t stand still. The other one says he should pee in a plantpot. The desperate one says “don’t do this to me, please answer” I so wish I could make out the full audio. Does anyone have any advice on that?

If I live to I’m 100 I’ll never forget it 😍
Brian
Site Staff
Re: Broadband salesmen - episode 2

Post by Brian »

I know I'd like to read the small details of what happened! I think quite a lot of people here would be interested.

From what you've already told us it was clearly a pretty dramatic situation!
Meeko
Active

Post by Meeko »

Brian wrote: 30 Jul 2022, 07:45 I know I'd like to read the small details of what happened! I think quite a lot of people here would be interested.

I’ll get it finished and posted asap then! I’m dying for a way to enhance the audio. All I can make out is one saying “you’re a f**king nuisance” jokingly. Pointing at the plant pot and saying “…………..nobody would notice” “……….she’s going to answer” and then the “don’t do this to me, please answer”
I’ve even uploaded it on YouTube as private so I could play it really loud and through the tv.
Fred
Site Staff

Post by Fred »

In the dim past I've read both real-life and fictional reports from/about Mormons doing their compulsory missionary work in suburban neighborhoods. Pairs of young men left for hours going door to door, and not a single public rest room in the area. It's an arousing situation. ;-)
Brian
Site Staff

Post by Brian »

Fred wrote: 30 Jul 2022, 09:04 In the dim past I've read both real-life and fictional reports from/about Mormons doing their compulsory missionary work in suburban neighborhoods. Pairs of young men left for hours going door to door, and not a single public rest room in the area. It's an arousing situation. ;-)
Maybe it explains the funny underwear they have on? :?
ryan1990
Well Known Member

Post by ryan1990 »

Looking forward to hearing this story!
Lee
Can't stay away...

Post by Lee »

Definitely want to hear all the detail. The more the better.
AlphaJock
Active

Post by AlphaJock »

Meeko wrote: 30 Jul 2022, 08:13
Brian wrote: 30 Jul 2022, 07:45 I know I'd like to read the small details of what happened! I think quite a lot of people here would be interested.

I’ll get it finished and posted asap then! I’m dying for a way to enhance the audio. All I can make out is one saying “you’re a f**king nuisance” jokingly. Pointing at the plant pot and saying “…………..nobody would notice” “……….she’s going to answer” and then the “don’t do this to me, please answer”
I’ve even uploaded it on YouTube as private so I could play it really loud and through the tv.
Any chance of sharing that private link ;)
bearshel
Can't stay away...

Post by bearshel »

Any crotch grabbing?
Meeko
Active

Post by Meeko »

I spotted a boy with a lanyard out the window, another one a bit further up the hill. Went downstairs and opened the door. I don’t know if the boy said his name but I didn’t catch it. I’ll call him Thomas.

Both around 5ft8, of slim build and with medium brown hair. They were both extremely well dressed for the nature of the job. Thomas has skinny sort of royal blue trousers, a white shirt, blue tie matching his trousers and a grey checked suit-style jacket. The other boy was named Ross and had a grey checked suit. With a silver hi-vis style vest on, with their company logo on it. They were both wearing green lanyards holding their ID.

Thomas started by asking which broadband company I’m with, and how much I’m paying for it. I told him and he explained what they were offering. It sounded good so I said yes. While he was giving me his sales speech Ross came down the garden path.

I was paranoid about problem neighbours hearing my business so I asked if they want to come in. They seemed grateful, came in and sat in my living room. Straight away said my house is beautiful so I loved them instantly.

We sat down and Ross laid back and seemed instantly comfortable. He had a long fringe he was constantly using his fingers to sweep to the side. I asked if I could get either of them anything to drink but they said no.

They asked what the problem with my neighbours was and I gave a very brief summary, but basically that they hate me. Thomas asked what their problem was, as they’ve only met me a few minutes but I’m lovely. I was mortified but grateful for the compliment.

I said they could try knocking but they won’t get anywhere with them. A young girl collecting for charity once asked them to use their toilet and they said no. “Awwww” Thomas said. I don’t mind as I have a toilet at the back where you don’t have to come in to the house. “We could use it then?” Asked Thomas. I replied of course. The bin men and council gardeners use it, as they were using the bushes out the back but my next door neighbour was reporting them.

Both looked shocked and asked why he would do that? He has nothing better to do, like who cares? Dogs pee everywhere and nobody cares. There’s nowhere else to go round here. “I suppose if they wet themselves that would be wrong as well” Thomas replied.

Ross said “I have to say that’s the hardest thing about this job, having nowhere to go to the toilet. I had to do round here during covid so we couldn’t even enter anybody’s house, and I had to wear this visor”

Thomas interrupted and said “you’re only the second person to ever offer us your toilet. One house we went to was a man who had done this kind of job in Australia where it could be miles between houses. So he said to us you can use my loo if you need to”

Then I had to take a phone call to complete my new broadband so I talked as they both sat there. Thomas pulled out his vape and asked if I mind? I didn’t. The call lasted about 10 minutes and they
Both sat just looking at their phones.

When the call ended they both stood up to leave. Walking in to the front hall I said I’ll show you what I mean about the toilet and took them through. Both complimented my home. I was waiting on them asking if they could use the toilet before they left, but they said no. Ross had a bottle of water that was about a third full and took a sip.

On the Ring doorbell as they left Thomas said “we’re round here to 8:30 so if we get bored we’ll come back round”

I was really hoping, but not expecting to see them again. I went upstairs to shower. Thank god I was fast because 40 minutes after they left there was a knock at the front door.

I answered and honestly the conversation is just a blur. I saw Ross hopping from foot to foot and the excitement made my whole body feel funny. They both came in and because I’d already shown them where the toilet was Ross went straight to it.

Thomas said I’ll just have a seat for a minute, and sat at my dining table. Vaping and looking at his phone. I asked him if they aren’t allowed to ask to use a customer’s toilet? He said they are but he wouldn’t “it just makes me really uncomfortable”

Ross came out of the bathroom thanking me. I told him he should have asked when he was in before and he said he didn’t need to go then. Thomas said “he’s always needing the toilet”
Ross told me “I was tempted to go in the bushes down there, but thought I better not after what you said”

He brought out his water bottle which didn’t look touched since the first time they’d been here, and I asked if he wanted another since his would be warm now. He looked a bit shy but said ok so I gave him one, asking Thomas if he wanted one too. “If you don’t mind” he said. I told him I have a cupboard full so I don’t mind at all.

I was really expecting them to come back again at least once. They first came to my house at almost 1pm. But they didn’t return - to my extreme disappointment.

I have the Ring doorbell clip but it’s so hard to hear that it’s driving me crazy. At least I can see Ross’s desperation. It was quite subtle but combined with the “don’t do this to me, please answer” it will be a video I’ll keep forevermore!

There was some small talk I didn’t add but Ross was 26, and I think Thomas was about the same.