ADHD and wetting pants risk

An area to discuss sightings and other observations. No sexual references please, there is the Stronger Interests section for that.
Bigdog
Can't stay away...
ADHD and wetting pants risk

Post by Bigdog »

I heard the other day, apparently those with ADHD are more likely to have daytime wetting accidents. Not sure how true it is, but I knew somebody who had it who often would leave it to the last minute to pee.
Sam70
Can't stay away...

Re: ADHD and wetting pants risk

Post by Sam70 »

There is some truth to me this depending on the type ADHD, age and other factors. Consider a college for 18 and above should have a zero toilet use during lessons. A. Nineteen year old lad with some ADHD disabilities gets distracted by some buddies and totally loses his focus’s that he needed the toilet at break. The next lesson is a double lesson. As soon as he sits down at his seat, the fact that he really needed to go to the toilet in the last lesson returns into focus. A lad like this can easily lose focus on his need to pee that finally comes back to his focus.

There is no way that his bladder can accept the volume of urine that the kidneys will dumb into his bladder. The no toilet use during lessons is zero tolerance as students age 18 should be able to manage toilet needs, and if a student, the position of the college is this is a required skill to get a degree.

Thirty to forty minutes later, the bladder reaches total capacity.The brain numbs the bladder muscles and a pound of pee begins to gush from the bladder spilling a pound of. Urine into the lad’s pants and then drip onto the floor.

At the ballgame that is tied most of the game gets this lad’s attention away from the fact that the lad is in the final steps of desperation. The lad’s attention on his very full bladder is lost until he suddenly feels himself peeing his pants.

This is not something that usually happens every day, but it happens. The student really. needs the toilet and glad that this lesson is over so he can go pee, bit something comes up that gets his attention and he doesn’t go. Wet pants are a real possibility whe toilet use during lessons where toilet use during lessons is not allowed.

Same thing at the ball game. The game is so exciting that the lad literally doesn’t feel the fact that he has started peeing his pants, until it is far too late to do anything about it.

Medication for ADHD sometimes does helps this.

This usually affects lads who are younger than the age we discuss here, but it still is a problem for some adults as well.
Wombat48
Site Staff

Post by Wombat48 »

Possibly true? I have ADHD and never piss as soon as I need to, but then I also like holding my pee!! LOL
googlism2008
Can't stay away...

Post by googlism2008 »

Is it because of your ADHD that your bladder is so well trained? :D
Brian
Site Staff

Post by Brian »

Or has holding in your pee so often caused the ADHD? :?
Fred
Site Staff

Post by Fred »

I can cite an example of a young man that has ADHD. I was giving him a ride to a relative's house about an hour away, and fifteen minutes into the trip he asked if we could stop at a store that had rest rooms. When I said something to the effect that he should have gone before I picked him up he replied that he was going to, but then I showed up and he forgot. His sister told me that once they were on a long trip and they stopped at a service area, and while the rest of them used the rest rooms he was hungry and went straight to the fast food counter to order. She said he had to run to the men's room before they were finished eating. Sometimes hunger can overrule the bladder!
Sam70
Can't stay away...

Post by Sam70 »

Fred wrote: 10 Oct 2022, 23:11 I can cite an example of a young man that has ADHD. I was giving him a ride to a relative's house about an hour away, and fifteen minutes into the trip he asked if we could stop at a store that had rest rooms. When I said something to the effect that he should have gone before I picked him up he replied that he was going to, but then I showed up and he forgot. His sister told me that once they were on a long trip and they stopped at a service area, and while the rest of them used the rest rooms he was hungry and went straight to the fast food counter to order. She said he had to run to the men's room before they were finished eating. Sometimes hunger can overrule the bladder!
Thanks Fred for your giving two examples. I remember reading cases, but too much time has past since I read about them to give specifics about a particular case.
Wombat48
Site Staff

Post by Wombat48 »

googlism2008 wrote: 10 Oct 2022, 19:13 Is it because of your ADHD that your bladder is so well trained? :D
Haha maybe! I don't really experience it as a need to badly go until i am pretty desperate so maybe? 😃
WindowsXP
Active

Post by WindowsXP »

I have a mate who is always active and we've suggested to him that he may have ADHD before. It's like he has 100% full Duracell batteries all the time, no matter what the situation. Despite us mentioning it to him as a friend or sometimes as a light-hearted joke, he always gets very defensive about it, which only secretly makes us think he definitely has it.

One other thing about him is that, despite being in his late 20's, he publicly urinates all the time. Almost daily. It's out of nowhere and he could literally be around the corner from wherever we're going (within 2 minutes) and he'll run over to pee in a bush or tree or something. Always seems to be short bursts that go everywhere too lol

I knew a kid years ago in school who was the same and I have relatives who have diagnosed ADHD and overactive bladders, which can apparently go hand-in-hand often.