Reddit: My jeans tried to sabotage my night

Reposted material. Such as stories that have been copied from other sites and are not your own. If they are your own, you may put them in the 'stories' section. When posting please link to the original URL and the author. Please remember to copy the story in full.
googlism2008
Can't stay away...

Reddit: My jeans tried to sabotage my night

Post by googlism2008 »

https://www.reddit.com/r/rawdenim/comme ... _my_night/

So I was at a Christmas party for my workplace last night - general contractor in the south so jeans are cool at work and the party. Many Jamesons were had. Rocking a pair of UB 621s that I've been working on for the last 6 weeks or so, and are coming along nicely. I'm out in the field so nobody bats an eye at my jeans, I've actually been admiring one of the superintendent's honeycombs...

Anyways, night is winding down, about to leave with my ride (it was that kind of night), and I make a quick trip to the bathroom. Except I can't get my damn pants unbuttoned. Try for a solid minute, the things aren't budging. I really have to pee. But the button won't clear the hole. It's not a matter of will it fit, it's a matter of something stopping it. And I'm not in the condition to perform surgery on my pants right now.

Shit shit shit. I have to hold my life together on the 15 minute trip home, which felt like an hour. Having to pee while being drunk means feeling bloated, and being bloated/holding it in a car that's kinda whipping... recipe for disaster. I've got flashbacks to when I was young, in the backseat of my parents' too-hot-car as we drive down the winding highways through Pennsylvania, wanting to throw up. I'm in my coworkers car struggling and screaming, but there's no hope.

I was about ready to cut my fly open, but when I got home my roommate took his knife out, took a look at the half undone button, and cut the thread that was wrapped around the button. The relief... The relief... Then I almost threw up for an hour. Feeling the effects today, for sure. And oh, my fingers are still numb from trying to rip my button open for a half hour last night, takes me back to when I first got the 621s.

Here's the aftermath this morning.

Anyone had anything similar happen?
Brian
Site Staff
Re: Reddit: My jeans tried to sabotage my night

Post by Brian »

That can happen with buttons, can't it? Certainly if the material is at all frayed, a thread can go the wrong side when you're buttoning up and you won't know it has done until you try to unbutton again.

Quite a scene described here, isn't it? I'd have liked to be either the coworker giving him the lift or his room-mate helping him out when he got home.
Fred
Site Staff

Re: Reddit: My jeans tried to sabotage my night

Post by Fred »

"his room-mate helping him out when he got home." I'd always be willing to lend a hand..... :shock: