Very desperate at Ferrybridge Services

An area to discuss sightings and other observations. No sexual references please, there is the Stronger Interests section for that.
Wombat48
Site Staff

Very desperate at Ferrybridge Services

Post by Wombat48 »

Sadly had to go to a funeral today. Had a couple of pints of shandy at the lunch afterwards. Driving home got stuck in a stationary traffic jam for over an hour on the M62 (Yorks, UK)
Had to stop at Ferrybridge services for a very very desperate wee!!! 😱
That got me thinking.. this was the location of a very good story by our very own Brian i seem to recall... 😀

There is a video of the pee.. PM me If you want details?
Fred
Site Staff

Re: Very desperate at Ferrybridge Services

Post by Fred »

I saw the video at "the other site". It was surely a substantial one!
Brian
Site Staff

Post by Brian »

My experience there, which was 12 years ago so it might be different now, is that Ferrybridge services are easily missed if you leave the M62 eastbound for the A1 southbound which is where the services are, and that was the basis of the story which you remember. Andrew's mishap in the car

It sounds like you would have been in trouble if you'd missed those services too.

I can just picture you in the car regretting those shandies!
Wombat48
Site Staff

Post by Wombat48 »

Haha yes! I was heading west and it's a very frustrating journey around an entire roundabout to reach the service station!! I couldn't have designed it better myself 😈
Brian
Site Staff

Post by Brian »

LOL Yes, I visited the UK a month ago and noticed that quite a lot of service stations off motorways seem to involve a significant drive even after you've left the main road, which never used to be the case back in the days when I lived there. Indeed, a brilliant design! I can imagine the consternation these bursting guys feel when they think they've reached the services at last but they haven't. I guess that's how you felt too.
googlism2008
Can't stay away...

Post by googlism2008 »

Too much cost cutting by the UK highway department?
Def123
Entrenched!

Post by Def123 »

It’s a cost saving thing isn’t it, put one service station in that serves both directions (rather than one each side). I stopped at Cambridge (I think) services recently and it was similar, three roundabouts to get into the services, massive sprawling car park a big walk from the door and then the toilets are right at the back. I was with a friend who commented “It’s a bit of a trek if you’re dying for a slash!”
Wombat48
Site Staff

Post by Wombat48 »

Def123 wrote: 29 May 2023, 09:53 It’s a cost saving thing isn’t it, put one service station in that serves both directions (rather than one each side). I stopped at Cambridge (I think) services recently and it was similar, three roundabouts to get into the services, massive sprawling car park a big walk from the door and then the toilets are right at the back. I was with a friend who commented “It’s a bit of a trek if you’re dying for a slash!”
Haha yes! Exeter is terrible, 2 roundabouts to navigate which both get grid locked at peak times in the summer. When I lived there saw a lot of desperate lads having to make a dash across the car park after getting off minibuses!! 😂
Adrian6970
Entrenched!

Post by Adrian6970 »

I know the feeling. Once I got desperate whilst being driven home from a funeral wake and had to find somewhere to pee. A well meaning cousin bought an extra pint for me and I was soon regretting it.