Desperation from cold

An area to discuss sightings and other observations. No sexual references please, there is the Stronger Interests section for that.
googlism2008
Can't stay away...

Desperation from cold

Post by googlism2008 »

Here's a small desperation story on a topic I believe many are familiar with: cold makes people pee.

I went for a very late night run in a nice and cool weather. After the run, I was hungry, so I went to a 24-hour Coffee Bean and ordered a meal that came along with a Americano. After satisfying my stomach, I continued to relax in the shop for some time while catching up on stuff on my phone. During this process, I could feel my bladder filling up from all the fluids that I had consumed.

There were a couple of items I had to buy from the nearby supermarket. Of course it would be a good idea to visit the nearest toilets first, to empty the portion of the half liter of water that has not been sweated out during the run, another half liter immediately after the run, plus all that coffee. Except that when I arrived, the facilities were barricaded up and a worker informed me that it was closed for maintenance. Oh well, it was just a full bladder and nothing else, so I figured that I would quickly hit the supermarket, make my purchase and then leave.

Thus I entered the large supermarket. In the saner hours the supermarket would be crowded, but it was way past midnight and the supermarket was almost empty. The air conditioning was blaring down full force on me, and my running attire was thin and still slightly damp, so it became pretty cold for my comfort. Soon I could feel urges emanating from my bladder, and it quickly became urgent as I picked up what I wanted from the shelves. By the time I was making my payment, I had to clamp the muscles down there hard to avoid leaking into my compression tights, and my body was tensed up as I tried not to pee dance in front of the cashier.

The funny thing is, once out of the cold supermarket into the warmer temperature, I stopped becoming desperate. It reverted back to an ordinary full bladder, and I no longer needed the loos immediately. I was able to walk more than half a kilometer back home at my usual pace, and with my urgency gone I skipped all the toilets along the way.
Brian
Site Staff
Re: Desperation from cold

Post by Brian »

Was this a true experience of yours, perhaps?

Being cold does indeed seem to make it harder to hold our pee in. I wonder if this is purely psychological or if the sphincter muscle actually works better if the body is feeling warm. Does anyone know?
bodgyuk
Site Staff

Post by bodgyuk »

I once worked in commercial freezer place -18 to -48 deg. Despite the special clothing those who worked there tended to need breaks evrey hour or so.
Fred
Site Staff

Post by Fred »

When going out to shovel snow in the winter, I usually take the precaution of peeing before I step outside, because even if I'm nowhere near full I will have to pee once the cold air hits me.
googlism2008
Can't stay away...

Post by googlism2008 »

Brian wrote: 21 Oct 2023, 23:09 Was this a true experience of yours, perhaps?
Yes.
bodgyuk wrote: 21 Oct 2023, 23:11 I once worked in commercial freezer place -18 to -48 deg. Despite the special clothing those who worked there tended to need breaks evrey hour or so.
Interesting. This meant that the workers need to keep tanking up to replace the liquids that are lost every hour or so?
bodgyuk
Site Staff

Post by bodgyuk »

googlism2008 wrote: 22 Oct 2023, 18:26

Interesting. This meant that the workers need to keep tanking up to replace the liquids that are lost every hour or so?
Interestingly enough, no, they drank during their standard breaks. Now, whether they drank more than they normally should I'm not sure.
Adrian6970
Entrenched!

Post by Adrian6970 »

Thanks for sharing. It sounds as though you were lucky.