Police Constable Jake Cleary wet himself

Stories, writings, literature, partial stories, multiple chapters etc. Discussions within the stories threads also permitted and encouraged. Please get involved, we always like new and old material, and different writing styles. Please do not post any sexual references here, there is another section for those stories (SI).
Lee
Can't stay away...

Police Constable Jake Cleary wet himself

Post by Lee »

It was August 9th 2013 and police admin assistant Debbie Wright was sifting through a whole bundle of files, some bulky and others little more than a few pages. Each file had a front sheet summarising the content and Debbie’s tedious task was to try and categorise them in order to set up a more refined filing system and avoid the hours that the office team sometimes spent searching.

As she flicked through another bundle, she was glancing at the summary headline of each one. There were reports of accidents, incidents, complaints and enquiries, almost all of them falling into the mundane category but just as she was about to push the bundle across the desk, she caught sight of something which immediately caused her to recoil slightly… as she read the note on the front of the green-coloured folder, saying “Jubilee Day: Wetting Mishap”.

Intrigued by the description, Debbie opened up the folder and almost before she had fully extracted the small package of papers, her heart missed a beat as she glanced at the covering sheet and saw the words… “…wet himself whilst on duty…”

In the near-deserted office, Debbie began to fan through the papers, looking at statements and reports, a small press-cutting and a few photographs. She could not believe what she was reading as the story unfolded in front of her. As incredible as it seemed, this was an account of a how a young police constable had wet himself, yes wet himself, in his uniform, whilst on duty at the Jubilee event. It was all recorded – the officer himself providing his version of events, statements from those who had witnessed the incident and a notes of actions to be taken.

With her hands trembling in anticipation, Dawn picked up the cover sheet and read the short summary of what had happened.

“On 5th June 2012, at the State Procession for HM Queen Elizabeth II’s Diamond Jubilee Celebration, an incident occurred in which Police Constable 193 XA Jake Cleary, a 22-year old officer who had been transported from his home station to central London to participate in the formal event, had a personal accident and urinated in his trousers whilst on crowd control duty. In view of the fact that his actions were witnessed by members of the public and necessitated him being withdrawn from duty, along with other duty officers who were called on to assist him in dealing with his accident, the incident was classified as reportable.”

Summary of Incident

PC Cleary had been assigned to a position along The Mall, lining the route of the State Procession and at 11:40am, having been unable to obtain permission to leave his post in order to relieve himself, he was unable to contain himself and he relieved himself in his trousers as he stood on duty. PC Cleary was unable to conceal himself from members of the public whilst he was in the act of urinating and as a consequence, he had to wet himself in full view of onlookers and whilst in his ceremonial police uniform. He was removed from duty, leaving behind very visible evidence of his accident on the pavement and he was taken into a temporary facility with his uniform trousers and his underwear in a sodden condition.

Metropolitan Police Statement
NAME OF SUBJECT OFFICER: Police Constable 183 Jake Cleary
DIVISION & STATION: XB Division
SUBJECT OFFICER’S D.O.B: 14th May 1990
DATE & LOCATION OF INCIDENT: Central London (Day Attachment), 7th June 2012
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is the Statement of Steve Alburn, Police Inspector, Metropolitan Police at DQ Division

Statement written, dated and signed on 6th June 2012 addressing the reportable incident of Police Constable Jake Cleary wetting himself on duty at the Queen’s Jubilee Day Parade.

Details of Incident:

I was on duty acting as one of the command duty inspectors at the event of the Queen’s 50th Jubilee Day event on 5th June 2012. Along with a large numbers of Metropolitan Police Officers from QD division, I had been assigned to duties in central London having been transported by coach to the event. As the main part of my duty, I was based in a portakabin along The Mall, with responsibility for officers on crowd control duty in this area. I was assisted in this task by two civilian workers, namely Lewis Davis and Matt Dark.

At approximately 11.45am I was addressed by Lewis Davis, who had received a radio call indicating that an officer in The Mall had reported that he was “in distress”. Lewis Davis immediately informed me of this and I asked him to keep me updated as a matter of priority. A few minutes after the initial call, I was notified by Lewis Davis that the officer in question had suffered a personal accident and had wet himself whilst on crowd control duty in The Mall and that he was being brought into the portakabin, primarily for the purpose of removing him from public view.

Two operational officers attached to the Metropolitan Police arrived moments later, accompanying PC 183 XB Jake Cleary. Although I had no prior knowledge of this particular officer, I could see that he was a young constable aged approximately 22 years old and he was dressed in full ceremonial and operational uniform. It was immediately apparent to me that he had urinated himself profusely as his uniform trousers were in an obvious state of saturation and I could also see that his footwear appeared to be wet. The officer appeared to be somewhat distressed and extremely embarrassed by his condition.

In the presence of the two accompanying officers and the two civilian staff, I asked PC Cleary if he was alright and he nodded without making any comment whilst remaining to look in a distressed state. One of the accompanying officers informed me that PC Cleary had previously requested a toilet break. I asked him if he still needed to use a toilet and he indicated that he did not.
At this stage, the accompanying officers left the portakabin to return to their duties. I spoke with PC Cleary and first asked him to clarify exactly what had happened to him. He explained that he had been stationed on crowd control duty in The Mall since 08.30 hours and stated that he had needed to use a toilet for the majority of that time having felt the need since arriving by coach from his home station. He indicated that on two occasions he had spoken with mobile-duty officers and expressed his need whilst requesting to be stood down temporarily. On neither occasion did his requested relief materialise.

At approximately 11.00 hours PC Cleary had made what he deemed to be an emergency radio call requesting urgent assistance as he feared that he might not be able to contain himself for much longer. The radio call had been acknowledged and he was told to remain in post until a relief officer could be arranged and had arrived to take over from him.

PC Cleary informed me that he was in a desperate predicament and that he had been experiencing some pain and discomfort in his endeavour to stop himself from urinating. He had endeavoured to try and conceal his predicament from members of the public and believed that he had been partly successful in doing so but that at approximately 11.40 hours, he had been unable to prevent himself from commencing urinating into his underpants as he stood on duty.

PC Cleary explained that he had been unable to stop himself from urinating once he had started and he had been aware of urine running down his legs and onto the floor. He was unable to take any evasive action and subsequently, he had found himself with no option other than to continue urinating himself until he had fully completed voiding his bladder and wet himself. His condition had been very apparent to all those in the vicinity owing to the large pool of urine that had accumulated all around his shoes. He had been aware of comments from members of the public and also of offers of assistance from some onlookers but he explained that he did not know what to do and felt in a state of extreme humiliation, embarrassment and distress.

After approximately 60 seconds, he had made an emergency radio call and had stated that he had suffered an accident in his trousers. He was asked to clarify his comment by the radio operator and said that he had been to the toilet in his pants.

At this stage I invited PC Cleary to sit down and he removed his outer fluorescent yellow jacket and sat on one of the office chairs, the seat of which had been temporarily covered with a plastic carrier bag by Matt Dark in order to protect it. Lewis Dark provided PC Cleary with a hot cup of tea and I told him that we would continue with the discussion when he had finished drinking his refreshment and I also asked him whether he wanted anyone informed of his accident, primarily for the purposes of possibly supplying him with fresh clothes. I also instructed Lewis Davis to see whether he could source any clean items of clothing that PC Cleary might be able to change into.

Whilst he was sitting down and drinking his tea, I noticed that as part of his ceremonial uniform attire, PC Cleary was wearing plain black lace-up shoes which were quite dusty and streaked with wetness. I could also see that he was wearing some short grey socks which were sagging and crumpled around his ankles and it was apparent from their discolouration that both of his socks were very wet. I felt compelled to ask PC Cleary if he wanted to remove any of his wet clothing, bearing in mind that there were no washing nor toilet facilities in the portakabin. He initially said no but I suggested to him that he might wish to remove his shoes as he had already made several wet marks on the carpeted floor. He agreed and he bent down and unlaced his shoes and then removed both shoes from his feet, placing his discarded shoes close to the wall, revealing that the inners of his shoes were stained dark with wetness.

I could also see the very wet condition of his socks and I realised just how much discomfort he must have been in, if even his socks were wet and so I asked him to wait for a few minutes whilst I left the room to organise something for him to change into.

I left PC Cleary in the presence of Lewis Davis and Matt Dark. When I returned about ten minutes later, PC Cleary was sitting silently and he had removed his police uniform jacket and his tie. He was still otherwise fully dressed apart from the fact that he was sitting in his socked feet. I asked him how he was feeling and he replied “I can’t believe I’ve done this.”

I gave him a blanket that I had retrieved from one of the custody vans and suggested that he might wish to try and remove some of his wet clothes. I also gave him a towel that another constable had offered from his own personal belongings. I informed PC Cleary that I had instructed another officer to endeavour to try and find a pair of trousers for him to change into.

He bent down and picked his uniform trousers from the floor and held them by the waistband before emptying the pockets of items, including his wallet and warrant card, some keys on a ring and loose coins, a folded handkerchief and a packet of sweets. It was apparent that his trousers were extremely wet around the crotch and backside area and were in a state of saturation down the insides of both trouser-legs.

He hung the trousers over the back of the chair he had been sitting on. At this stage, PC Cleary wiped his legs again with the towel and then wrapped the blanket around his waist. Almost immediately there was a knock on the door of the portakabin and I unlocked and opened the door to find another officer who I know to be Police Constable Neil Sullivan, holding a pair of police uniform trousers which he had managed to obtain from an unknown officer based at a local police station.

After PC Sullivan had left the room, PC Cleary took the fresh trousers and then apologised to myself, Lewis and Matt and said that he felt extremely embarrassed about having to remove his underpants in front of us. I told him to continue as if there was no-one else in the room and PC Cleary then took away the blanket and began to pull his white briefs down his legs. He allowed his pants to drop to his ankles and then dried himself as best as he could with the towel. He then picked up his pants from the floor and placed them on the seat of the chair. They were clean but had a transparent look and were clearly very wet.

He wrapped the towel around his waist again and sat down on the chair, putting the sodden underpants on top of his shoes. I asked him if he was okay as he seemed slightly distressed and he nodded and said “I’m not sure whether to take my socks off or not?” I asked if they were too uncomfortable to keep on and he said that they were very wet and cold but in the absence of any clean socks, he felt he probably shouldn’t remove them. I was unable to offer any assistance about whether a pair of clean socks could be found for him to change into.

He then stood up and removed the blanket and put on the new pair of uniform trousers, zipping the fly and doing up the buttons. He then prepared to sit and wait for the transportation home that I had asked to be arranged for him. Whilst waiting I asked him how he was feeling and he said that he felt more comfortable apart from his feet which were cold in his wet socks. A short time later, Constable Neil Sullivan, who I later discovered was a friend of PC Cleary from their training days at Hendon, returned to the portakabin with a pair of black socks which he had obtained from a colleague who had carried them with him as a spare pair. PC Cleary said that he was appreciative and he took off his wet socks and replaced them with the borrowed socks. He placed his discarded socks on the floor with his shoes and his underpants.

During the following 15-20 minutes, PC Cleary appeared to become more composed and feel more able to speak about what had happened and he explained in some detail, primarily to Lewis and Mark exactly what had happened (see separate statement). He indicated to me that he could not recall a time when he had ever needed to go to the toilet as badly before, and that he felt desperately ashamed that he had wet himself in such circumstances. He explained that he was starting to feel faint in the few seconds before he started urinating and that he had not experienced a situation before whereby he had been unable to control his muscles to the extent that he had started to go to the toilet uncontrollably in his pants. He also said that he was unsure when he either started or finished peeing himself.

Eventually a car arrived to transport PC Cleary back to his home station and he put his shoes back on and laced them up before leaving. He asked me if he could leave his underpants and socks behind for disposal as he had no wish to take them with him and I agreed to this. After he had gone, Matt Dark suggested that he should take PC Cleary’s socks and pants with him, have them washed so that they could be returned them to the officer, if he so wished. The items were draped over a small wall rail and left to start to dry out before being placed in a small plastic carrier bag.

This is my true account of how Police Constable 183 Jake Cleary wet himself at the Jubilee Day Event.

----------------------------

DIVISION & STATION: XB Division, Acton Police Station
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the Statement of Paul Stanion, Police Constable 424 BD, Metropolitan Police

Statement written, dated and signed on 6th June 2012 addressing the reportable incident of Police Constable Jake Cleary wetting himself on duty at the Queen’s Jubilee Day Parade.

Details of Incident:

On 5th June 2012 I was on duty at the event of the Queen’s 50th Jubilee Day celebration. Along with a large numbers of Metropolitan Police Officers from BD division, I had been assigned to duties in central London having been transported by coach to the event. I was located halfway along The Mall where I was one of many officers carrying out crowd control duties.
At approximately 11.47am and after I had been at my specified location for around 90 minutes, I was approached by another officer who I now know to be police constable 837 YL Scott Watson who was from another division. He informed me that he had received an urgent 2:1 radio message to say that an officer was ‘in distress’ elsewhere in The Mall and that he was to proceed immediately to the location of that officer. He asked me to accompany him.

We began to make our way as quickly as possible along the route as we were unsure as to the exact nature of the situation. As we were proceeding, PC Watson received another radio communication to inform him that the situation had now been re-classified as non-urgent but we should still proceed with haste.

Less than one minute later, we could see the specified location and I could see a fully-uniformed Metropolitan Police officer standing facing the crowd barriers. We were less than 50 metres from the officer concerned. As we were walking towards him, a female member of the public reached out and tapped my forearm and stated to me “One of your colleagues has just had an accident standing along the road”. I thanked the member of the public, informed PC Watson of the comment and suggested that we should hurry to ascertain the details of the situation as a matter of urgency.

As we approached the officer at a fast pace, a young male member of the public called out loudly “You’re too late, lads, he couldn’t last out”. I could see that many members of the public standing behind the barriers were looking at the officer concerned and as we approached him I could see that there was a large pool of liquid on the pavement surrounding the officer’s shoes.

I now know the constable concerned to be PC 183 QL Jake Cleary although I had no prior knowledge of him before the incident. He was a young constable who looked to be in his early twenties. PC Cleary was standing motionless with his arms by his side and staring straight ahead of him. I could see that he was sweating slightly on his forehead and that his facial expression appeared to suggest that he was in some slight distress.

Both legs of his uniform trousers appeared to be in a state of immense saturation and it was very apparent that the puddle around his shoes was urine. I immediately drew the conclusion that PC Cleary had wet himself voluminously. The incident appeared to have happened very recently. I was unsure at that stage as to whether PC Cleary was still in the process of urinating into his trousers. PC Watson and I both stood immediately in front of PC Cleary, partly shielding him from the view of the members of the public from whom a number of comments were audible.

PC Watson asked PC Cleary if he was feeling unwell and PC Cleary shook his head in a negative response. PC Watson then asked PC Cleary if he needed any sort of medical assistance at the scene. Again, PC Cleary shook his head to indicate that he did not, although he did not say anything. I spoke to PC Cleary and asked him what had happened and in a quiet, almost semi whispered voice he replied “I’ve gone in my pants”.

PC Watson explained to PC Cleary that we had been sent to provide assistance and suggested that we all try to move away from the location as quickly as possible. He proposed that we go to the portakabin that had been set up to monitor crowd control as the temporary building was only approximately 200 metres away. PC Cleary nodded his agreement. PC Watson made a radio call to inform the occupants of the portakabin about what had happened and to prepare them for our arrival.

Whilst he was making the radio call I spoke again to PC Cleary and asked him to explain what had occurred. PC Cleary said “I’ve been busting for so long, all morning, I’ve been in agony for the last hour. I was told to wait until someone could relieve me but I just couldn’t, I couldn’t wait any more. You won’t believe how bad I had to go. I started doing it in my pants. I couldn’t stop going, it’s all down my legs and everything. I couldn't help it. I’ve wet myself. I’m not even sure I’ve finished going yet”.

When PC Watson had finished his radio call I told him what PC Cleary had told me and I said that he may still be in the process of wetting himself although there were no obvious signs that this was occurring. PC Watson spoke again to PC Cleary and told him we were going to the portakabin. He also asked PC Cleary if he had finished urinating himself and PC Cleary nodded.

As we were preparing to leave the scene, an unknown police sergeant from another division walked past us and he stopped to enquire what was going on. PC Watson replied to the question and said “He’s had an accident and wet his trousers”. PC Cleary said nothing. We began to walk from the location and had to make our way along the front of the crowds, proceeding in front of the safety barriers. I could see that there was a large puddle of urine on the pavement where PC Cleary had been standing and that PC Cleary’s shoes were leaving wet footprints as he walked in front of us.

I could hear a number of comments being made by members of the public and I was also asked on several occasions by members of the public whether the officer was okay. On each occasion I responded that he had had an accident in his underpants but was fine otherwise. As we approached the portakabin, PC Cleary was walking slightly ahead of both PC Watson and myself and he was carrying his police helmet under his arm. I could see that he was still sweating slightly and he was walking with his legs astride although no longer leaving wet shoe-marks behind him.

We entered the portakabin and Inspector Alburn spoke with PC Watson to ask what had happened. PC Watson replied “He’s wet his pants, sir”. He then spoke to PC Cleary and asked him whether he still needed to use a toilet. PC Cleary stated that he did not and that said he’d ‘done it already’. At that stage, Inspector Alburn thanked PC Watson and myself and asked PC Watson if he could enquire as to whether it might be possible to obtain dry trousers and possibly a clean pair of pants and a fresh pair of socks for PC Cleary. PC Watson indicated that he would make enquiries.

This is my account of my involvement in the incident in which Police Constable 183 Jake Cleary wet himself at the Jubilee Day Event.

-----------------------------

This is the Statement of Neil Sullivan, Police Constable 803 LQ, Metropolitan Police

Details of Incident:

On 5th June 2012 I was on duty at the event of the Queen’s 50th Jubilee Day celebration. I had been assigned to duties in central London having been transported by coach to the event and I had initially been undertaking crowd control duties before being placed on rest assistance duty. At approximately 11.55am I was approached by Inspector Steven Alburn who was control room duty inspector. He asked if I could give him some assistance in dealing with an incident that had occurred. He said that he needed to obtain some uniform clothing for another officer and asked me to try and obtain a pair of uniform trousers and take them to the control room located on The Mall.

I initially went to the first aid/refreshment area and then on to the vehicle area but at neither location was I able to find the item concerned. I also asked at the assembly point and an officer directed me to the nearby City of London police unit. I explained my request and one of the officers there provided me a pair of trousers from his locker. At that stage I was not able to provide him with the reason for the request. I took the trousers to the control room portakabin and knocked on the door, having initially found the entry point to be locked. The door was opened and I accessed the room where I saw Inspector Alburn and two civilian staff. I also saw another police constable who I recognised as Jake Cleary, an officer who had attended police training college with me two years previously.

PC Cleary was standing up, wearing his shirt and he had a small blanket wrapped around his waist, extending down to just below his knees. He had no trousers on. I could see some of his personal belongings on a small table and his uniform trousers were draped on the back of a chair and appeared to be in a sodden condition. PC Cleary was wearing a pair of short grey socks which also appeared to be very wet and he had removed his shoes which were located on the floor a short distance away, next to the wall. I could see some small damp marks on the flooring nearby and around the chair.

Inspector Alburn thanked me for obtaining the trousers and explained that they were required for PC Cleary. He said “Jake has had an accident. He’s been on crowd control duty on The Mall and he wet himself whilst waiting for a toilet break” PC Cleary made no comment and I did not have any conversation with him at this stage and I left the portakabin.

Having resumed my duties outside I was asked by a number of colleagues why the trousers had been required and I informed them that an officer had peed his own trousers whilst waiting to be relieved. During the following period numerous officers arrived at the rest area and appeared to have heard about the incident in which a police constable had urinated in his pants and I heard several comments about officers having seen a puddle on the pavement where the accident had occurred.

Another officer spoke with me and asked what had happened in the control room portakabin. On describing the scene that I had witnessed, the officer said that he had a spare pair of socks with him that he carried during lengthy events and he retrieved them from his bag and offered them for PC Cleary’s use. I took the pair of black socks and returned to the portakabin where I handed the socks to PC Cleary and he asked me to express his thanks to the officer concerned.

This is my personal account of my involvement in the incident in which Police Constable 183 Jake Cleary wet himself at the Jubilee Day Event.

-----------------------------

DIVISION & STATION: XA Division, Acton Police Station

This is the Statement of Ben Marks, Rank of Private, Welsh Guards Regiment

Details of Incident:

On 5th June 2012 I was on duty at the event of the Queen’s 50th Jubilee Day celebrations in central London. As a member of the Welsh Guards, I was posted along The Mall and commenced my duty at 10:45am after which I had remained stationary at my post.

I had noticed a number of police officers who were positioned along the route and one young officer was located opposite me. I had seen him make a radio call at a time unknown to me, following which his posture suggested that he was in desperate need of going to the toilet. He was fidgeting quite severely which was noticeable to me and I could also see that on several occasions he pressed his knees together and appeared to be grinding his legs against each other.

I was unaware as to whether anyone else had noticed his predicament, which seemed to continue for a lengthy period of time but at no time did I see anyone approach him or go to his assistance. Although I was constantly observing the whole area as part of my required duty, it was impossible not to watch him as well as he was in my direct eye-line, being immediately in front of and in line with my position.

My attention was drawn directly to him when I suddenly saw him bend forwards quite obviously and as he stood in an upright position again, he was stepping rapidly from one foot to the other. He then raised his head at an angle, looking upwards to the skies and I saw his arm move so that he could momentarily place one hand firmly on the crotch of his trousers. He again bent forwards, then briefly dropped into a semi-squat before standing upright again, all the time keeping his legs pushed together tightly.

I could then see liquid dribbling down the front of his trousers before it began to fall rapidly and in a great volume from the bottom of his right trouser-leg. A puddle began to bubble around his shoe and it was apparent that the police constable was wetting himself. As I continued to watch, the flow became more powerful and was pouring down his trouser-legs and over his shoes, creating a large frothing puddle which was pooling and running across the paved area where he was standing. He remained standing whilst urinating in his uniform for around 20-25 seconds before the flow diminished and it looked as if the officer had his eyes slightly closed whilst he wet himself.

I could see that spectators and on-lookers had started to notice what was happening and people were pointing at the constable’s feet and drawing the attention of others to the large puddle which was forming on the pavement where he was standing. Shortly afterwards I then saw the officer make another radio call and around a few minutes later, two other officers arrived, spoke to him briefly and then led him away.

The puddle which remained on the pavement appeared to attract considerable attention from both onlookers and also other police officers who gathered at the spot after the procession had passed. I did not see the same police officer re-appear again afterwards.

------------------------------

This is the transcript of a recorded interview between Inspector Adrian Keal and Police Constable Jake Cleary

Statement written, dated and signed on 7th June 2012 addressing the reportable incident of Police Constable Jake Cleary wetting himself on duty at the Queen’s Jubilee Day Parade.

Details of Incident:

TRANSCRIPT OF RECORDED INTERVIEW

AK: Sit down PC Cleary

JC: Thank you, sir.

AK: Now, I understand that you had a very unfortunate accident at the Jubilee Day event on Tuesday, whilst on operations in Central London. I do appreciate how difficult and embarrassing this is for you but it’s been referred to me, partly because of how unusual anything like this is, but also because it’s important that firstly we understand how something like this could have happened so that we can make sure that we take note of anything to prevent similar events in the future.

But also to make sure that you have no personal issues or problems or suffer any further repercussions as a result of what you did and that you also have a chance, if you want to, to explain how the incident happened.

So, I see from looking at the paperwork that you had made a non-routine radio call to the control room at 11:00, requesting emergency relief. Would you like to talk me through what led up to this and what happened subsequently?

JC: Well, you can imagine how embarrassed I feel about this happening, sir. I still can hardly believe it happened. I had made a huge error first thing in the morning because I had two mugs of coffee in the canteen before we left and then I took a bottle of Lucozade with me when we got on the coach and consumed it during the journey. We left the station at 7.15am and by the time we arrived in central London at our arrival point about an hour or so later I was really starting to need the toilet. But nobody said anything and before I knew it, we were being allocated our positions.

AK: If you needed the loo at that stage, why didn’t you ask somebody?

JC: I don’t know really, it seems really stupid to say now but it was just so busy that I suppose I didn’t want to make a fuss and ask where the toilet was whilst everyone was rushing around trying to get everything sorted. I know I should have done but I just thought surely some of the others must need to go as well and we’d probably be told about toilet breaks. I later found out that all the information was on the day-sheet that we’d all been issued with but regrettably I didn’t look at that at the time.

The next thing I knew, I was in my position along The Mall and there were huge crowds already gathering. I chatted to a few members of the public as I was standing there but I was conscious all the time of my growing need to go to the toilet and I was hoping that someone would come along who I could ask. It all seemed really busy though and eventually, and it must have been about an hour and a half later, the processions seemed to be starting. I was really starting to feel in trouble by that stage.

AK: I understand that you made a radio call at approximately 11:00am?

JC: Yes, I did. By that time I was in serious trouble. I’d already asked two mobile officers if they could organise a relief for me but neither of them seemed particularly bothered and I don’t know if my requests were actioned. I’d checked my watch at 10:30am and I was starting to panic a bit then, if I’m honest. I knew that things were getting to the stage where I was going to find it difficult to hold on for much longer but the processions were in full swing and I think the parade involving Her Majesty was getting really close so I knew that there was no way I could vacate my position. That period was awful because I genuinely didn’t know what I was going to do. As it approached 11:00am I was actually in a blind panic.

I didn’t know whether to just sacrifice things and leave my position but even though I know that would have been an unacceptable risk to take, the other issue was that even I had walked away from my post, I didn’t know I was going to go. I didn’t even know the area well enough to know whether there were any facilities nearby or where the nearest public toilet was. I came close to asking someone in the crowd but I was aware of how unprofessional that would look.

As it got to 11:00am I just had to do something otherwise I thought it was going to be too late and I was in danger of embarrassing myself. I knew were only supposed to use the radio channels for emergency messages and at the time, I honestly thought that my situation was a genuine emergency, so I made the call.

AK: Did you get a satisfactory response?

JC: That’s a difficult question to answer, sir. I suppose the response I wanted was either that I could have permission to leave my post or that someone would be despatched immediately to relieve me. The response I actually got was that my request had been noted and that I should remain in position until assistance arrived, so from that perspective I wasn’t happy with the outcome of the call.

AK: Did you make it clear how urgent your need was?

JC: I believe I did, yes. I think I actually said that I couldn’t wait much longer. I wanted to say that I was at serious risk of wetting myself but I felt too embarrassed to say that.

AK: Go on, lad. I know it’s difficult but carry on please.

JC: Well, ten or fifteen minutes later I was still waiting for someone to turn up and I was in absolute agony. I don’t think I have ever needed to go to the toilet so badly in my life and I was struggling to stand still. I could scarcely contain myself and although I knew that the main part of the day’s parade was taking place, I wasn’t really aware of what was happening around me. I don’t know if people in the crowds could see that there was something wrong with me but to be honest, I was so focused on trying to control myself that I had no idea. I had the most terrible stabbing stomach pains and I stood there for ages just trying to keep myself upright and gyrating myself to try and lessen the ache.

I knew that I getting close to the end of my limit and that my waiting time was almost up. I remember glancing at my watch and it showed 11:38 and I remember that I had to bend forwards to try and ease the excruciating pain and immediately after that, I felt my bladder start to spasm as if I had no control over it and … I just started to wet myself, I couldn’t help it.

AK: I do fully appreciate just how awkward this is to explain, I really do. But just tell me what happened with the follow-up radio call.

JC: I don’t honestly remember exactly what happened straight away. I obviously knew that I was wetting myself but I couldn’t really comprehend the sheer enormity of what was happening. For a few seconds I thought I was going to pass out, both from the relief which was like nothing I had ever known, and also from the panic and horror that was sweeping over me. It was almost like I wasn’t in control of myself, which I suppose I wasn’t really.

It was just streaming all down my legs and all through my socks and into my shoes, I could feel it happening but I couldn’t stop and I didn’t even know when I was going to stop going. I was trying to tell myself ‘I’m doing it in my pants’ but the words almost meant nothing. I wanted to stop and I knew I ought to be feeling so ashamed of myself but I just felt numb, it was if I was standing completely on my own in my own little world even though I was standing in front of hundreds of people.

When I looked down it was awful, unreal really, there was a puddle all round my shoes on the pavement and I could see myself doing it through my trousers but even then I wasn’t able to make myself stop, the feeling was just incredible, I was doing something incomprehensible, wetting myself, and yet I was allowing it to happen even though I didn’t want to and knew what I was doing … it's difficult to put it into words.

AK: No, no, it’s okay, you say what you need to say.

JC: Well, as I started to come to my senses I realised that people in the crowd were looking at me and I could see people staring down at my shoes. I could hear a few comments and it was then that I started to feel almost sick with embarrassment. I knew I had to do something so I made another radio call. I hardly knew what to say and I think I just said something like, ‘I’ve had an accident in my trousers’, I can’t remember exactly but I didn’t say much, just that I think.

I just remember being told to remain there and that someone was on their way to be with me. It must have been something like 4-5 minutes that I stood there like that although it’s impossible really for me to judge the timescales. I remember a lady in the crowd leaning forwards and asking if she could do anything to help and then I saw people pointing in my direction and I heard a few comments directing someone towards me and I saw two other uniformed police officers making their way to me. One of them asked me if I was feeling unwell and then the other asked me if I knew what I’d done. I think I said something like ‘I’ve been in my pants’.

This is really embarrassing to admit to, but at that stage I think I actually started going again. I’m not sure quite what happened but I think I’d just had to go so badly and hadn’t quite finished and I remember saying to one of the officers that I was still going, still urinating.

They walked me away and that was as bad as anything I had experienced, having to walk along in front of all the crowds with everyone seeing that I’d wet myself. That was something I’ll never ever forget, along with the immense discomfort from my trousers and pants and my shoes and socks. We went into a small portakabin which was a few hundred metres away where I was met by Inspector Alburn and I tried to explain what had happened.

AK: That’s okay PC Cleary, we’ve got his account of what happened. I think that’s all we need from you for now and once again, I’m so sorry to have had to put you through that but I needed to hear from you what your recollections were. We will obviously need to have a review of procedures in light of this extremely unfortunate incident but can I offer you my own apologies that this happened. It’s very regrettable that you wet yourself, both from your own point of view and also that of the Metropolitan Police. I will do whatever I can to ensure that we try and keep the full details to a small circle of people although you obviously realise that your mishap had a wide audience and we can’t control all aspects of that issue. You may have seen today’s national newspaper?

END OF RECORDED TRANSCRIPT

Extracts from national newspapers on Wednesday 6th June 2012

PC PIDDLY-PEE PANTS
0ops, Toilet Break Arrived Too Late!!
Wednesday 6th June 2012

EMBARRASSMENT FOR THE MET AS YOUNG COP WETS HIMSELF WHILST LINING THE ROUTE FOR THE QUEEN’S JUBILEE DAY PARADE IN THE MALL

NO TOILET BREAK FOR YOUNG POLICEMAN RESULTED IN HIM HAVING WET UNIFORM TROUSERS!

Senior officers from the Metropolitan Police were left red-faced last night after an embarrassing incident in which one of their young constables wet himself standing in The Mall as the Queen and other members of the Royal Family passed right next to him during the Jubilee Day parade.

The unfortunate incident occurred just before midday after the poor cop with a bursting bladder had been at his post for more than three hours, and just minutes before the procession got underway he was unable to contain himself and wet his pants, flooding the pavement where he stood.

And yet the brave young constable continued to stand gallantly on duty despite having a puddle round his boots. Reports said it was several minutes before other officers, realising what had happened, went over to assist their colleague and he was ushered away leaving the wet evidence of his accident still glistening on the floor.

Wednesday 6the June 2012
“I Need a Pee Your Majesty, Oops, it’s too late!!”

It was an embarrassing Diamond-Day-Disaster yesterday for one young copper who was left waiting so long for his toilet break whilst on crowd control along The Mall at yesterday’s Royal Procession that he ended up wetting himself where he stood.
The unfortunate rookie PC was one of the many police officers drafted in to line to the parade route and shortly before the royal entourage, led by Her Majesty, began to pass by in the glamorous array of carriages, the constable simply couldn’t contain his bursting bladder any longer and he wet his trousers where he was standing, creating an embarrassing puddle all around his shoes in full view of the crowds of on-lookers. Although he was quickly led away from his humiliation by his colleagues who realised he had wet his pants, the huge great puddle was left visible to all those who could not fail to notice.

No sooner had the un-named constable been escorted away, several of his colleagues began to gather in the vicinity, stealing numerous glances at the pool on the floor as their pointing and their expressive gestures made it obvious what they were discussing.

“We couldn’t believe what we were seeing”

Emily Stone, a 30-year old shop assistant who had travelled to the event with her boyfriend, witnessed the incident which took place just yards from where they were standing, “We couldn’t believe it. My boyfriend had said that he thought the young officer was dying to go to the toilet about 20 minutes before but suddenly, he started bobbing up and down on the spot and then he seemed to crouch down a bit.

We suddenly saw his trousers getting all wet and pee started puddling all round his shoes on the pavement. It was cringe-worthy and everyone just stopped watching the parade and watched this poor young policeman wet himself. He looked so embarrassed and just stood there going in his pants for ages and ages. He must have been bursting.”

2013 - THE STORY OF THE AFTERMATH…

The administrative office at Arndale police station was all but empty of staff with pretty much everyone having ‘flexed off’ early to take advantage of the glorious warm weather. Debbie, one of the young clerical support assistants, was sitting drinking her cold glass of juice and chatting to Dawn who had been her colleague for just six weeks. It was rare that they had a chance for a bit of a gossip and both had been enjoying the freedom of the occasion. With time running out before they needed to vacate the office, they called over the other remaining staff member, a young guy called Adam, and he joined them

As they were winding up their chat, the door opened and a line of police officers began filing through. “You don’t mind, do you chaps?” said a sergeant who was with them, “we need to find a large room to hold a briefing about tomorrow’s football, we won’t touch anything or move anything, we just need to all gather for about 30 minutes.” Debbie smiled and nodded and the three of them watched as the officers spread themselves around the far side of the office, using up all of the available chairs with others perching on the edges of desks and tables, leaving the remainder standing around nearby.

“There’s a few nice sights there!” whispered Dawn, “in fact, a couple of very nice sights indeed!”

Debbie giggled and ushered both Dawn and Adam to lean a bit close to her. “Do you want to hear something really, really embarrassing?” Dawn and Adam nodded in eager anticipation as she spoke, putting both of her hands on her face as if to emphasise the shameful announcement she was about to make,

“See that young officer leaning against the table, right by the window, the one with his arms folded”

Dawn nodded “Definitely one of the nicer sights!”

Debbie lowered her voice even more, “Well, do you remember last year when it was the Jubilee Day event and all that lot had to go into central London to help out?”

There were nods again as Debbie revealed the astonishing secret.

“That officer there, his name’s PC Jake Cleary, well, guess what? He wet his pants during the event!”

“Oh don’t be silly!” said Adam “Shush” whispered Debbie, “honestly, I’m being serious, deadly serious, he wet himself!”

Adam raised his eyebrows and frowned whilst Dawn opened her eyes wide and put her hands to her face, “No!! That can’t be true! Surely. You mean he actually went in his trousers and pants? When he was on duty at the event? I don’t believe you!”

“Look here,” Debbie said, “I’ve been doing the filing. We’re having to archive the papers, anything from twelve months back is being moved to the storeroom. I was looking at some of them as I was putting them away earlier and I saw this file headed up ‘Personnel – Jubilee Assistance, Wetting Mishap’. I had a look to see what it was about and I couldn’t believe it, there’s statement and everything. Apparently he was standing lining the route and was bursting for a wee and ended up peeing where he stood, in his pants!”

“How do you know it was him?” asked Adam.

“Because only last week he came looking for a statement that I’d typed and he signed for it and I noticed his name because, well, he is a bit cute. Then when I saw the file, I realised it was him!”

“What an embarrassing thing to happen!” mumbled Adam.

“Oh My God!” whispered Dawn, still holding her hands to her cheeks, “he went to the toilet in his uniform in front of everyone, wet his pants like a little boy!”

“Let’s hope it was thoroughly dry-cleaned, then!” said Adam with a grin, holding finger to his nose.

“Don’t” laughed Dawn, playfully hitting him on the arm.

“Here, have a look!” said Debbie, “picking up a beige-coloured file from her desk, “I haven’t put it away yet, there’s typed statements and notes and lots of hand-written stuff and even a newspaper story. I’ve read the typed stuff but haven’t looked at the notes yet, it’s all about how it happened – even PC Cleary himself explaining exactly what happened.”

“I was standing there with wee-wee running all down my legs…” growled Adam, trying to put on a formal, deep-sounding official type of voice.

Dawn was engrossed in reading the typed statement. “Oh My God, No! … he couldn’t wait, he couldn’t help himself, he was so desperate he couldn’t stop himself … Oh, he stood there making a puddle round his shoes! … Oh, everyone could see him doing it in his pants … “

Adam was peering over her shoulder reading as well and grinning ever more widely, “I wish he’d sit himself down.”

“Why?” asked Debbie.

“Then, we could see if he’s wearing his little grey socks again!!” giggled Adam.

“I’ve so got to read all of this, Debbie!” said Dawn.

“Well, I can’t put it back in the drawer now that that lot have plonked themselves over there. Take it with you tonight, but whatever happens, make sure it’s back on my desk in the morning. I don’t think anyone’ll be looking for it but I need to get it filed away.”

“Oh I will”, said Dawn, “but I need to read all of this carefully, I need to know the all details of exactly what happened in Jake Cleary’s trousers and pants!”

DAWN’S MISSION

Having showered, eaten and changed into some comfy casual attire, Dawn settled herself down on the settee in her small flat and with tingling anticipation, opened the file that she had bought home from the office. As her trembling fingers flicked through the small pile of paperwork her thoughts returned to the fit young police constable she had seen just a few hours before, smartly dressed in his uniform, in shirt-sleeves, standing attentive in her office.

Had Debbie not pointed him out with her astonishing story, Dawn knew that she would have spotted him in any event. He was her type of lad – tallish, slim, dark-haired and seemingly not as brash as some of the other cocky young officers she had seen in recent weeks.

She could hardly believe what Debbie had told her and her heart missed a beat as she recalled Debbie’s words … “He wet his pants”. Unbelievable!

Well, the evidence was about to be uncovered. Dawn briefly looked at each individual sheet of paper, glancing at statements from an Inspector and some other police constables. Their words left her simply agog and she began to scan them with intense scrutiny;

“… A young officer … had urinated himself completely”
“… He had been unable to prevent himself urinating in his underpants …”
“… He had been aware of urine running down his legs and onto the floor…”
“… He felt desperately ashamed that he had wet himself…”

It had got measurably worse for PC Cleary when the other officers arrived to provide assistance:

“… I could see that there was a large pool of liquid on the pavement around the officer’s shoes…”
“… PC Cleary replied ‘I’ve gone in my pants’ …”

It all began to merge together into one outrageously unbelievable scenario as Dawn read on … and on and on. She couldn’t comprehend just what PC Jake Cleary had been through.

He didn’t even know whether he was still doing it in his pants when the other officers arrived on the scene!
He’d left wet shoe-marks on the pavement as they walked him away!
When they got to the portakabin, PC Watson had starkly and humiliatingly announced “He’s wet his pants, Sir”!
Sitting in the portakabin, he’d been asked to take his shoes off to avoid wetting the carpet!
He’d had to take his trousers, his underpants and his socks off in front of others and someone had been sent off to find him some clean trousers!

As Dawn took a sip of her glass of wine to try to keep herself nice and calm, she flicked over the page to see a transcript of what must have been the most cringe-worthy interview to have ever taken place, as poor PC Cleary faced his shift inspector on the day after the incident.

Dawn wasn’t sure she’d have been able to contain herself if she had been tasked with listening to and typing up the recording of the conversation, but someone had done so – and admirably kept quiet about it. It must have been the Superintendent’s PA, she assumed.

She knew she just HAD to get close to Jake Cleary and have a conversation with him!!
Lee
Can't stay away...

Post by Lee »

DAWN and JAKE

It was four weeks further on when Dawn opened the door of her small flat and walked along the hall to switch the lights on. Behind her, wiping his feet politely on the doormat was Jake, the young policeman who she had mad it her mission to spend time with. The two of them had met, accidently on purpose in the pub opposite the police station, a couple of weeks before when Dawn had made sure she was in the bar when some of the officers came in after her shift. That not-by-chance meeting had led to a another, more cosy drink a few nights later followed by a pleasant evening with just the two of them a couple of weeks later.

Tonight’s meet-up had been pre-arranged, an old-fashioned date they both supposed without actually saying so. They’d had a drink and something to eat before Dawn suggested they go back to her place for a coffee, and Jake had readily agreed.

“Shall I take my shoes off?” he called after Dawn, having noticed that she’d done the same on entry.

“Okay thanks” she replied and Jake made his way into the lounge, sitting down on the comfy sofa.

Fifteen or so minutes of extremely comfortable and convivial conversation had passed as they sipped their drinks sitting side-by-side, during time which Dawn had glanced down several times at Jake’s grey socks, as he sat curling his toes with his ankles tightly crossed.

Jake stopped speaking and smiled quizzically, “Why do you keep looking at my feet?” he asked, “I didn’t think I had the usual sized-14’s people always think policemen have got!”

Dawn’s heart pounded – maybe this was her way in to the conversation she was desperate to start.

“Do you always wear grey socks?” she asked

Jake frowned and grinned again. “What an odd thing to ask! Why?”

“Do you though? Even with your uniform?”

“Sometimes, yes. Why?”

Dawn could hardly get the words out, struggling not to sound breathless.

“You had them on that day, didn’t you?”

Jake was genuinely mystified and his frown this time was a bit more intense. “What day? I don’t know what you mean. What are you talking about?”

There was a pause of several seconds because Dawn responded.

“I know what happened Jake, please don’t be embarrassed but I know … the Jubilee Day.”

As she looked at his face, Jake’s expression remained unaltered but he instantly turned a crimson colour as his features flushed and he felt himself burning up inside.

“Oh” he said – and nothing else, before adding several seconds later, “Is that what this is all about?

“No, not at all” said Dawn, “well, yes a bit if I’m honest, I really wanted to talk with you, but I really like you Jake. I’m not trying to poke fun. I really, really do like you, seriously.”

Several minutes later, they were both slumped back deeply into the sofa, cosily nestled together and Jake was looking upwards to the ceiling as he tried to answer Dawn’s barrage of questions.

“So when did you actually realise you were going to wet yourself?”

“Oh, this is so embarrassing, I’ve never spoken to anyone about it like this since it happened.”

Dawn gripped his hand tightly and stroked his fingers.

“You’d asked, hadn’t you, if you could go to the toilet?”

Jake nodded, “I was embarrassed to have to make the radio call but I was panicking because I felt I had to go so badly I didn’t know if I was going to be able to wait. It got to the stage where I was almost going in my pants. I’m 22 years old and I’m almost doing it in my pants.”

“Do you think people had noticed?”

“I really don’t know. At first I’d tried to make sure I didn’t give myself away by trying not to fidget or anything but by the time I’d got to that stage, I didn’t even notice other people. I was just trying so desperately to hang on and not do it in my trousers. I kept thinking I was about to do it.”

“But did you eventually know you were going to wet your pants?”

“I don’t think anyone really believes that, do they? No matter how badly busting you are, you always think you’re going to hold on a bit longer. I suppose I knew that I was at the point where I couldn’t hold it in any more but you never imagine you’re actually going to wet yourself, do you?”

“So did you just sort of burst in your pants, then?”

“I suppose I did, yes. I was in so much pain I was just trying to ease the discomfort and somehow stop myself starting to go, and then suddenly I just realised it was too late and there was nothing I could do, I was just standing doing it, weeing sort of thing, I couldn’t stop it happening.”

“What did it feel like?”

“Oh don’t ask things like that, it was something I’d never want to imagine again. I guess it’s like the best relief ever, the best you could imagine, you just want an end to the tummy ache and yet you know you’re doing something unspeakable. I didn’t really feel myself start to go, it was just suddenly happening and running all down my legs. For me anyway, it was a total loss of control, in my pants.”

“Did you know that there was a statement from a soldier who had been standing opposite you? He said you actually squatted down just before you did it?”

“Did I? I was just frantically trying to hold on, I don’t know what I did in those last few seconds.”

“How did you feel while you were weeing? It must have been like your whole world was ending?”

“To be honest, I didn’t feel anything. I knew what I was doing but I couldn’t stop. Everything from my pants right down my legs to my shoes and socks was just wet and incredibly hot. I couldn’t really comprehend the enormity of what was happening. It was almost as if I was elsewhere watching it. It was like ‘Oh, My God, I’m wetting myself!’ but there was nothing I could do, it was like I was on a different planet at that moment.

“It must have been awful when the other police officers arrived?”

“Yes, well I didn’t know them, but I was starting to realise the full extent of what I’d done. I can’t remember much, they were asking me if I was okay and what had happened. I think I was just saying stuff like ‘I’ve done it in my pants, I’ve wet myself!’

“They must have been quite shocked to see a policeman do that?”

“I’m sure they were, I wasn’t even thinking ‘I’m a policeman’, I was just thinking ‘I’m 22 years old and I’ve been to the toilet in my trousers and pants. How can someone that age wet themselves?”

“I know all about what happened in that portakabin, I read about how they found you clean trousers and you had to change yourself, but what happened then? Did they bring you back here?”

Jake nodded, “I came back in a police vehicle. The weird thing is that half-way back I was absolutely busting to go again and I was thinking, ‘my whole life is over if I do it again in this car’. Funny how I remember that so clearly.”

“Did you tell anyone, you know, when you got back?”

“Not a soul, although obviously most of the lads at the nick found out. To be honest, there was only a little bit of mickey-taking, not too much though. I think most of them felt embarrassed for me. I never told my family though, not my parents nor my brother or sisters. I never will, I know that.”

Dawn squeezed his hand, “But you can talk to me all about it can’t you, as much as you want to.”

Jake smiled warmly, “God Dawn, can you believe I wet myself? Just hearing or saying those words make my tummy churn. Everyone gets desperate for the loo don’t they, but I actually wet my pants.”

“Did you ever get them back, your pants, I mean?” giggled Dawn.

Jake’s face broke out into a grin, “Believe it or not, I did. I’ve no idea who but someone must have taken them and washed them and then left a parcel for me at the nick a few days later. I didn’t know what was in it but when I opened it, it was my pants and socks, all washed and folded.”

He then paused for a moment, “Why did you ask earlier about my socks?”

“Because the statement said that the Inspector realised how badly you’d wet yourself when he saw how wet your grey socks were!” whispered Dawn.

“Really! How funny!” Jake laughed out loud in relaxed fashion, and he leaned back further, swivelled in the chair and lifted his legs and his socked-feet across Dawn’s lap and the two of them embraced warmly, as Dawn warned him “I’ve got loads more to ask about you wetting yourself...”
Brian
Site Staff
Re: Police Constable Jake Cleary wet himself

Post by Brian »

Absolutely magnificent.
Bowbow
Well Known Member

Post by Bowbow »

Brilliant. I'm jealous of Dawn. Is she going to engineer desperate scenes I wonder. Or take it further?
Fred
Site Staff

Post by Fred »

I usually wonder about the aftermath of an "accident", but here we have the complete story! Wonderful!
Lee
Can't stay away...

Post by Lee »

Bowbow wrote:Brilliant. I'm jealous of Dawn. Is she going to engineer desperate scenes I wonder. Or take it further?
I suspect the questioning might go on well into the night. It's amazing what people are prepared to reveal when they feel relaxed and in good company! 8-)
Lee
Can't stay away...

Post by Lee »

After any event such as Saturday's royal wedding, I do wonder if there's another Jake Cleary out there somewhere?
evergreen
Well Known Member

Post by evergreen »

Lee, I have not a moments doubt that there will have been a good few, at the very least, partial wettings. Provided no puddle appeared and especially if an officer ensured things took place slowly they would stand a chance of getting away with it. It's a great thought though!
Lee
Can't stay away...

Post by Lee »

Being able to take things slowly or deciding how and when to 'let go' suggests that someone is still very much in control and can manage their situation.

I think PC Jake Clearly lost all control of himself, such was his need. I imagine that's a rarity.
Sam70
Can't stay away...

Post by Sam70 »

Somehow,I missed this story. I loved reading the various police reports. I also loved reading the conversation sometime later on the date.

One officer had an interview with Jake on how to avoid this happening again. Some points to consider.

Jake drank far too much liquid earlier in the evening.

There was a time before take to his post that Jake was already sensing. Small need to go considering that this wetting event made the daily newspaper, The officers in charge should make a few changes in procedure.

One, the officer at the place before police officers were taken to their posts, he could have said that we are taking five minutes here for a Otto break before taking you to your posts.

Two, it is interesting that Jake called for assistance because he needed to pee badly, bout 45minutes later, no help was sent to relieveJake.

However, when the message Jake gave that he had pissed his pants, officers were there within 5 minutes.

clearly it is in the best interests of the police force as a group to avoid having officers pissing their pants in the view of people and the press.

Clearly, their needs to be a clear protocol in place that everyone is aware on what to do i this situation.

About Jake’s accident. This is a case where Jake had completely filled his bladder to 100 % and the urine started backing up into the urethers and kidneys. This is a major emergency because if the urine were to keep. Backing into the kidneys, the kidneys would be destroyed and the person die from kidney failure. So, the brain sends a message to the bladder to totally empty the bladder..

Many of us can not hold it to the point of having the bladder go to more than100% capacity. Instead we will start leaking. As most of you know, sometimes that leak can be stopped. Other times it takes us a few seconds to regain bladder control. So there we are with a wet crotch and perhaps wetness down one or both legs almost to the knees.

InJake’s situation, it would have been better to have leaked a bit to gain some time. Then, Jake. could radio in that he had wet his pants. Help would be there within 5 minutes and most of the public would not have known.